• 2 months later...
  • Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

platbann.jpg

BbMw4PcvMyY

---------------VFA-113 LSO MISSION BY JAR----------------------

Standard DCS mission, just place in your mission folder.

Case 1 pattern verified by real US Navy F/A-18 Hornet pilot.

CVN-74 TACAN assigned to 74X. Tankers assigned per briefing.

ILS is CH3

Four squadrons utilising side numbers for 100, 200, 300 and 400 series. This is designed to allow Air Wings and squadrons to modify to suit their groups.

You can change the paint schemes and group name but if you change the PILOT name it also changes the LSO trigger ID.

NOTE: DO NOT delete any aircraft, it will mess with the triggers.

LSO Huey aircraft are to spawn in to act as LSO. Hit fly then LALT + F9, hit ESCAPE and select MANUAL. The back and forth arrows are very faint but use these to cycle through pages.

To close the window there is a small cross just to the right of the back and forth arrows. Hover over it to see it and click.

LSO voice by 'Curveball' (CDR ret. USN) from VFA-113 Stingers.

Air Boss 'Long in the groove' voice by 'Kirka' from VFA-113 Stingers.

'FOUL DECK' call by 'Pounded' from VFA-34 Blue Blasters.

--------------VFA-113 STINGERS PLAT CAM MOD BY JAR---------------------

Special thanks to Moa, Black Library, CDP Kobra, Morkva55 & Mustang for their help in creating this mod.

Mod features standing room VR view locations for PRI FLY, Roll-out Cam, LSO Platform and PLAT CAM.

To access the crosshair overlays you must have the DCS UH-1H Huey module installed.

---INSTALLATION---

*** WARNING this mod will affect your integrity check so please back up the files it replaces before installing ***

Mod also makes the in-game manual window transparent and removes the numbers from the top.

Unzip the mod. Copy the VIEW folders into your OVGME Mod folder. Choose which view you want and enable it.

Only the Rift and Monitor PLAT views have the overlay crosshairs.

View is set to VR PLAT CAM view by default but you can change this by editing the John C Stennis lua

or installing the various COREMODS folders contained in the "Alternate LSO Views' folder.

BAZAR has a revised shader to remove the B&W TV effect from the LSO view - If you want to keep the effect, don't install this folder. (Thanks Moa and Mustang)

COREMODS contains the revised LSO View coordinates for the John C Stennis lua. You can adjust these yourself or load the different views using the folders.

MODS contains the revised Huey manual with VFA-113 crosshair overlays.

SCRIPTS contains a fix to make the manual window transparent to allow viewing through the crosshairs. (Thanks Black Library)

I just bought the super carrier bundle. Never flown the Hornet before. Also, don't know a lot about computers, don't have the Rift. And don't use OVGME. So, where do I put the View and other folders? In simple language, how do I get the PLAT mod loaded?

Thanks,

TWC_SLAG

Win 10 64 bit, 2T Hard Drive, 1T SSD, 500GB SSD, ASUS Prime Z390 MB, Intel i9 9900 Coffee Lake 3.1mhz CPU, ASUS 2070 Super GPU, 32gb DDR4 Ram, Track IR5, 32” Gigabyte curved monitor, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Pedals, Voice Attack, hp Reverb G2.

I just bought the super carrier bundle. Never flown the Hornet before. Also, don't know a lot about computers, don't have the Rift. And don't use OVGME. So, where do I put the View and other folders? In simple language, how do I get the PLAT mod loaded?

Thanks,

Is there really no answer to this simple question?

TWC_SLAG

Win 10 64 bit, 2T Hard Drive, 1T SSD, 500GB SSD, ASUS Prime Z390 MB, Intel i9 9900 Coffee Lake 3.1mhz CPU, ASUS 2070 Super GPU, 32gb DDR4 Ram, Track IR5, 32” Gigabyte curved monitor, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Pedals, Voice Attack, hp Reverb G2.

--------------VFA-113 STINGERS PLAT CAM MOD BY JAR---------------------

Only the Rift and Monitor PLAT views have the overlay crosshairs.

View is set to VR PLAT CAM view by default but you can change this by editing the John C Stennis lua

or installing the various COREMODS folders contained in the "Alternate LSO Views' folder...

..only the RIft, or HTC Vive also?

DCS: Black Shark 1 orig. DVD, Black Shark 2, UH-1H, Mi-8MTV2, FC3, Combined Arms, A-10C, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, NTTR, Persian Gulf, Normandy, WWII Assets Pack

RiG: i7 7700k@5GHz watercooled, 16GB DDR@4133MHz, Asus Maximus IX Apex, 2x 240GB M.2 SSDs @ RAID0, Asus ROG Strix 1070OC 8GB @1950MHz, 34" Asus Curved UWQHD 100Hz, 24"Samsung TFT, HTC Vive, 2x8" LCDs@TM CougarMFDs, TM Warthog HOTAS, Saitek PCDash2, Belkin N52te Nostromo, Logitech G900, G910 + G933 Snow, TrackIR5

CS: Hawkeye

VFA-113 PLAT

I have clicked on the PLAT mod on the VFA-113 web site.

I get a folder called 113PLATv2.0, and click on it.

I get a folder called VFA-113 LSOmission

I click on that and get VFA113LSOv14.miz

Now, the question is, how do I get that into a miz folder?

I can't left click and move it. I can't copy it, with a right click.

So, what do I do?

TWC_SLAG

I have clicked on the PLAT mod on the VFA-113 web site.

I get a folder called 113PLATv2.0, and click on it.

I get a folder called VFA-113 LSOmission

I click on that and get VFA113LSOv14.miz

Now, the question is, how do I get that into a miz folder?

I can't left click and move it. I can't copy it, with a right click.

So, what do I do?

i thinks its clearly readable in the first posting. and then u can read through all the pages, as we all did :pilotfly:

DCS: Black Shark 1 orig. DVD, Black Shark 2, UH-1H, Mi-8MTV2, FC3, Combined Arms, A-10C, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, NTTR, Persian Gulf, Normandy, WWII Assets Pack

RiG: i7 7700k@5GHz watercooled, 16GB DDR@4133MHz, Asus Maximus IX Apex, 2x 240GB M.2 SSDs @ RAID0, Asus ROG Strix 1070OC 8GB @1950MHz, 34" Asus Curved UWQHD 100Hz, 24"Samsung TFT, HTC Vive, 2x8" LCDs@TM CougarMFDs, TM Warthog HOTAS, Saitek PCDash2, Belkin N52te Nostromo, Logitech G900, G910 + G933 Snow, TrackIR5

i thinks its clearly readable in the first posting. and then u can read through all the pages, as we all did :pilotfly:

You are right. We all read through the pages. What YOU think is clearly readable is irrelevant. I have asked for help, and all you did was get snarky.

Read JAR’s message above.

Edited by TWC_SLAG

TWC_SLAG

Hi Slag, please be more friendly as Feiercrack is correct, installation instructions are in first post.

If you choose not to use OVGME then you would be best to ask nicely for help.

You’d be surprised at how easily you can get things working when you post here in a kind way.

I think I was friendly in my first post. I read all of the instructions, and got to a point at which I could go no further. In the second one, I was nonplussed that I hadn't received an answer. In the third, he got what he deserved. It matters not a wit if he, or anyone else, thought the instructions were clear. I'm not very computer literate, and simply asked for some help.

TWC_SLAG

In the third, he got what he deserved..

??? :thumbup: