VR FPS (2.5.1.16543.355)

Flighter

When the Hornet was released I recall there being some posts stating that there was a bug with the Hornet external model that caused severe frame rate drops. Anyone know if there was ever a resolution to this?

Hmmm. So I went back to try and find the post I was referring to. At the time I had received an "official" response from a mod to this post, stating what I posted above. That post has now vanished. I smell fish.

Edited by Hippo

System spec: Intel i9 13900KF @ stock,  Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24GB GDDR6X, Gigabyte Z690 UD DDR4, Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO SL 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4 3600MHz C18, Samsung 980 EVO 500 GB NVME M.2 SSD (system drive), Samsung 970 EVO 1 TB NVME M.2 SSD (games drive), Cooler Master ML360 Illusion CPU Cooler, Asus XG43UQ Monitor, Oculus Quest Pro, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am in complete agreement with you on this. Personally, I can see no benefit of running at or near 90fps with all sorts of eye candy switched off.

I also can't tell much difference between a solid ASW 45fps and 90fps.

That's because with ASW on at 45 fps your Rift still gives you 90 fps. It's just that 45 frames per second come from the game, and 45 frames come from the smoothing algorithm that inserts frames in between (it's a bit more complex than that).

The only difference between 90 and 45 fps with ASW are some visual artifacts that come from the smoothing algorithm, mostly visible with Spitifre or helicopters.

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro

That's because with ASW on at 45 fps your Rift still gives you 90 fps. It's just that 45 frames per second come from the game, and 45 frames come from the smoothing algorithm that inserts frames in between (it's a bit more complex than that).

The only difference between 90 and 45 fps with ASW are some visual artifacts that come from the smoothing algorithm, mostly visible with Spitifre or helicopters.

I don't understand your first point. I am referring to the reported fps from DCS itself, or OTT.

Yes, the swirly prop/gunsight in prop planes and helis is annoying, but not any reason to switch off ASW imo.

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

One plus for the vive that, as we dont get any artifacts.

Have to say though hippo I use 4x MSSA (with no PD) and honestly I don't feel any difference than how it used to perform without DS, and think its better if anything.

For me you can have PD x2 and MSSA X2

or MSSA x4 with no PD

Overall I think the later looks/performs much better but its all subjective

I dont remember even without DS, DCS ever being able to maintain a constant 90 FPS for any significant portion of time though.

And although I can no longer use a PD of like 1.4 in game, I do honestly think it's no longer needed as the graphics have really improved resolution wise. Flew vegas after a long time today and was very impressed by how great it looks with a default PD.

Without DS it used to look so grey and washed out...

------------

3080Ti, i5- 13600k 32GB  VIVE index, VKB peddals, HOTAS VPC MONGOOSE, WARTHOG throttle, BKicker,

I wasn’t having any issues but last flight I started having some issues. I took my rift off to look at the desktop post flight and noticed that the desktop mirror was full screen (normally leave it as the default). So those who are having issues, are you maximizing the desktop mirror??

Twitch Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster

Z390 Aorus Xtreme, i9 9900k, G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB, 1080ti 11GB, Obutto R3Volution, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, TPR, Cougar MFDs, FSSB R3L, JetSeat, Oculus Rift S, Buddy-Fox A-10C UFC, F/A-18C UFC, Tek Creations F-16 ICP

So those who are having issues, are you maximizing the desktop mirror??

No, but good thought.

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

has anybody already tried today´s fix 2.5.3.21235 if the issues are solved now?

Intel i7-9700K @4.7 Ghz ° Win 11 64bit Pro ° 32Gb DDR4 3000mhz ° 1Gb Samsung 970 Evo plus Nvme M.2 ° RTX 2070 super ° Virpil WarBrd and Constellation Stick & TM Warthog Throttle ° TM pedals ° 5120x1440 samsung 49" monitor

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3617450&postcount=180

ASW working again for me. Can't comment on the other issues, though.

System spec: Intel i9 13900KF @ stock,  Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24GB GDDR6X, Gigabyte Z690 UD DDR4, Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO SL 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4 3600MHz C18, Samsung 980 EVO 500 GB NVME M.2 SSD (system drive), Samsung 970 EVO 1 TB NVME M.2 SSD (games drive), Cooler Master ML360 Illusion CPU Cooler, Asus XG43UQ Monitor, Oculus Quest Pro, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals

The ASW issue is fixed, but unfortunately not the menu one.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi everyone.

Can someone explain to me what’s :

1) DS and where is this option.

2) MSAA yes or no in VR?

3) FSAA yes or no in VR?

4) What is ASW and where is it?

5) What is the difference between those terms?

6) How can I know my oculus frame rate?

I have a 1080ti, 32gb (3200) of ram, i7 7700 3.6, SSD and an oculus rift. I’m using the following in game setting:

MSAA x2

PD 1.6

An all almost maxed out.

No lens effect.

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk Pro

Arturo "Chaco" Gonzalez Thomas

Here you go:

1) DS and where is this option. - not an option anymore, forget about it.

2) MSAA yes or no in VR? - Yes if you want sharp lines, but it costs a lot of FPS. Don't go above 2x

3) FSAA yes or no in VR? - NO!

4) What is ASW and where is it? - ASW is magic that makes your game look smooth even when you're below 45 FPS. The downside is it causes glitches with propellers.

6) How can I know my oculus frame rate? Left CTRL+ Scroll Lock (or whatever that top right button is)

Here you go:

1) DS and where is this option. - not an option anymore, forget about it.

2) MSAA yes or no in VR? - Yes if you want sharp lines, but it costs a lot of FPS. Don't go above 2x

3) FSAA yes or no in VR? - NO!

4) What is ASW and where is it? - ASW is magic that makes your game look smooth even when you're below 45 FPS. The downside is it causes glitches with propellers.

6) How can I know my oculus frame rate? Left CTRL+ Scroll Lock (or whatever that top right button is)

Hi reflected, ASW is an option or is always on?

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk Pro

Arturo "Chaco" Gonzalez Thomas

• 6 months later...

Hi ppl.

Three reasons to update this forgotten thread :

- Almost one year passed after VR users took a serious hit from the deferred shader. Good checkpoint to see any improvement; especially after Kegety's showed that there is an easy, immediate way.

- This thread https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3869786&postcount=2333. It would be nice to have a before/after comparison.

- I will be upgrading my video card so this would be the last meaningful comparison.

I have to say that although this looks (is) pretty bad, I have noticed a vast improvement in stutters with the latest nvidia drivers (419.67) latest update (2.5.4.28167) and switching the IRQs to MSI system (just do it, see attached picture).

Cheers !

attachment.php?attachmentid=207899

attachment.php?attachmentid=207898

1191141583_MSImodeutility.png.2f272f9753b1286cdf5dd5b56b45d773.png

Edited by Flighter

JUSTDOGFIGHT server - For Nickname reservation, stats, server map, instructions and other content visit our site justdogfight.com

🙂 Smile 🙂