SA-342 Tutorial Series

xxJohnxx

Very nice. Would you guys like me to upload my videos showing you how to crash properly? :joystick:

Nah, most of us have that down pat by now. ;)

Justificus

System Specs:

i7 4970K @ 4.8, GTX 1080 SC, 32GB G.Skill DDR 2133,Thermaltake Level 10 Full Tower Case, Noctua NH-D15 6 Cooler, Win 10 Pro, Warthog, CH Pro Pedals, CH Throttle Quadrant, Oculus, 1 32" & 2 19" Monitors

Modules Owned: A-10C I+II, Ka-50, FC3, F-86, Mig-15, Mig21, UH-1H, Mi-8, CA, P-51D, BF-109K-4, FW-190 D-9, Hawk, NTTR, M-2000C, SA342, F-5E, Spit Mk. IX, AJS-37, Normandy, WWII A.P., AV-8B, F/A-18C, L-39, Persian Gulf, Mig-19P, I-16, Super Carrier, F-16, Channel, Syria

Once again, I must emphasize that these videos are invaluable.

Out of curiosity, what's your background John? You seem quite knowledgeable for an impressive variety of aircraft and I was wondering where you got all this knowledge from (apart from flight manuals).

John, any chance you could do one for the navigation systems please? They have been very helpful so far.

I agree, this would be a great "next video" subject. :thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7 10700K OC 5.1GHZ / 500GB SSD & 1TB M:2 & 4TB HDD / MSI Gaming MB / GTX 1080 / 32GB RAM / Win 10 / TrackIR 4 Pro / CH Pedals / TM Warthog

Thank you guys for all the feedback! Very much appriciated! Really keeps me motivated to record some more. :smilewink:

Nah, most of us have that down pat by now. ;)

Yes, indeed! If necesary I probably could provide hours and hours of fotage of me crashing into things during testing and also video recording for the tutorials. :doh:

Once again, I must emphasize that these videos are invaluable.

Out of curiosity, what's your background John? You seem quite knowledgeable for an impressive variety of aircraft and I was wondering where you got all this knowledge from (apart from flight manuals).

Thank you Chuck!

I am sorry to disappoint here, however, I do not have any interesting background regarding aviation unfortunatly. I am just a 20 year old, who has been playing flight simulators in my spare time off-school/off-work for maybe 4-5 years now. I have been always interested in technical stuff, and so learning systems in the cockpit is a breeze. I just wish I did any good in combat :music_whistling:

John, any chance you could do one for the navigation systems please? They have been very helpful so far.

I agree, this would be a great "next video" subject. :thumbup:

Yes, that actually was the plan. I am just considering on how to break it up at the moment. Probably going for the several short videos option. :smilewink:

Best regards and thanks for watching!

John

Check out my YouTube: xxJohnxx

Intel i7 6800k watercooled | ASUS Rampage V Edition 10 | 32 GB RAM | Asus GTX1080 watercooled

Like it too. Maybe next tutorial with NADIR MARK I ? :)

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Hi guys,

Did some extra hours tonight and created the NADIR tutorial you guys requested! :smilewink:

I have split it into 4 parts, for easier understanding.

This is the first video, designed as an overview / video navigation for the 4 parts:

NADIR Navigation System:

And this is a link to the playlist containing all 5 videos for easy access:

Best regards,

John

• Like 1

Intel i7 6800k watercooled | ASUS Rampage V Edition 10 | 32 GB RAM | Asus GTX1080 watercooled

Thank you Chuck!

I am sorry to disappoint here, however, I do not have any interesting background regarding aviation unfortunatly. I am just a 20 year old, who has been playing flight simulators in my spare time off-school/off-work for maybe 4-5 years now. I have been always interested in technical stuff, and so learning systems in the cockpit is a breeze. I just wish I did any good in combat :music_whistling:

You are not disappointing me at all, mate. It is very, VERY impressive that at 20 years of age you can come up with such content presented in such a professional manner.

:thumbup:

Awesome job. Many thanks :)

| i9 9900K Octa Core 2TB SSD +32GB Spectrix DDR4 @3200MHz RGB | 2 x Radeon RX480 in Crossfire. | TrackIR5 HOTAS Warthog,MFG Crosswind Pedals | Cougar MFDs |

[OCG] Oceanic Combat Group

discord.gg/ZmXEBSU

"Through The Inferno"

by deadlyfishes

Official Australian Servers

SRS: All Servers have Auto-Connect Enabled

Server 1: TTI Caucasus

Server 2: TTI Persian Gulf

Server 3: OCG Training

Server 4: OCG NTTR & Multiplayer Missions

Australian Website

AU Discord Server

Nice work as usual xxJohnxx :thumbup:

Between you and Chuck I get all the instruction / training tips I need.

Now to do some RTM'ing on my own... :book:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7 10700K OC 5.1GHZ / 500GB SSD & 1TB M:2 & 4TB HDD / MSI Gaming MB / GTX 1080 / 32GB RAM / Win 10 / TrackIR 4 Pro / CH Pedals / TM Warthog

Like it too. Maybe next tutorial with NADIR MARK I ? :)

I did not have long time to wait ;D . Thx John.

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Thank you all for the kind words!

Working on the tutorials is much easier knowing that they are appricated! :thumbup:

great vids. nicely done xxJohnxx and much appreciated.

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate as standard. OpenXR user, Open XR tool kit disabled. Open XR was a massive upgrade for me.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC at the mo. MT user  (2 - 5 fps gain). DCS run at 60Hz.

Vaicom user. Thrustmaster warthog user. MFG pedals with damper upgrade.... and what an upgrade! Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height with brail enhancements to ensure 100% button activation in VR.. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.... you know when you are dropping into VRS with this bad boy.

• 4 weeks later...