Re: Lock On Platinum

Hello: It's been a long time since I've visited this site.

Why? Bec' my n/book computer was unable to run: Lock On Platinum.

I am now considering the purchase of a new comp system.

I question w/n the specs on a sys that I am looking at will run this game.

The system is: http://store.hp.com/us/en/pdp/Laptops/hp-15z-laptop-m7s73av-1

I don't know if it will support this game: Lock On Platinum

Can somebody chime in on an answer.

What is recommended: AMD A6 or A8?

How much memory is required: 4, 6 or 8GB?

How much Hard drive is really needed: 750GB or 1TB? Regular or Hybrid?

If you look at the specs on this machine while configuring it then you'll see what I'm talking about.

Thanks

Laptops arent ideal for gaming. A desktop would be better.

That is really just a entry level laptop without a dedicated graphics card.

IF you could run DCS it would proabably be on very low settings and still get bad framerates

Avoid amd processors altogether, they really can't compete with Intel Processors.

If you must use AMD due to bugetary restrictions, Then the a6/a8 are still too underpowered Should be look at at least at an AMD A10 or the AMD X8 series.

If you have the money you should be considering an INtel Core i5 or i7 series.

DCS & flaming cliffs is a simulator and is more demanding than your typical arcade game.

What you should be looking for: A quad core processor. with over 2ghz speed. Laptop. For a desktop, the ghz they days should be around 3.0 if not greater.

8gb of ram, and a 1 terrabyte hardrive. ideally you'd want to have a combination of SSD with Regular hardrive. I have an SSD for the operating system so it boots up faster and left some extra space for programs, while most of my games or programs are on the standard drive, however SSDs are very expensive.

these suggestion are if you want to run it smoothly. with higher settings.

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

Kev2go:

Thank you for your candid feedback, I appreciate the help of those of you who offer your answers and assistance.

Seems to me, I'll have to once again table my interests in running this program and wait until I can take on the project and afford to build my own computer system. I will take on this project in the future. I just don't know when I'll have the time. Too many higher priorities in my life right now.

But, again, I just wanted to say thanks. No need to respond to this reply.

:thumbup: Toasting Aces