MiG-21Bis tutorial series

xxJohnxx

John would you be a dear lad and do a tutorial for PRMG/SAU landing? and make it from 120 km out like textbook if u can. Thanks.

Hi,

Yes I was thinking about making a video about that quite soon as well.

However, just to clearify, the SAU Autopilot can't land for you. It will just be able to help you out on the approach, landing has to be done by the pilot. ;)

Check out my YouTube: xxJohnxx

Intel i7 6800k watercooled | ASUS Rampage V Edition 10 | 32 GB RAM | Asus GTX1080 watercooled

Nice video John!

A radial is usually referred to by its bearing FROM the station, so if you are approaching Senaki RSBN on course 090 you are following radial 270 towards the beacon.

And when leaving the station on a course of 100 degrees, you are following radial 100.

Think of it as 360 beams radiating from the RSBN/VOR

http://www.masterarms.se A Swedish Combat Flight Simulator Community.

Hi,

Yes I was thinking about making a video about that quite soon as well.

However, just to clearify, the SAU Autopilot can't land for you. It will just be able to help you out on the approach, landing has to be done by the pilot. ;)

Yes, you turn off SAU at 100 meters (300 ft) AGL and continue approach manually. Still, would be nice to contemplate the already familiar landscape while SAU takes care of flying before that point.

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

These are nice tutorials. Already liked your videos about information of the airplane and the loadouts! :thumbup:

This is probably more of a general question rather than specific to the 21 but could you make a tutorial about tactics to defeat incoming IR and radar guided missiles? I know it's a tall order and maybe there is not THE way to do it, but still I think it would be nice for a vid with basic countermeasure tactics.

Keep up the good work

greets

Valken

Hi,

Thanks for your responses!

Yes, you turn off SAU at 100 meters (300 ft) AGL and continue approach manually. Still, would be nice to contemplate the already familiar landscape while SAU takes care of flying before that point.

Yes, I will probably do one of the next videos about that!

Hi John, thanks for the videos, very helpful. Could you make a video on the KH-66? I can't seem to hit anything with them, they always seem to overshoot by a few meters xD

I will put it on the list as well ;)

This is probably more of a general question rather than specific to the 21 but could you make a tutorial about tactics to defeat incoming IR and radar guided missiles? I know it's a tall order and maybe there is not THE way to do it, but still I think it would be nice for a vid with basic countermeasure tactics.

I will see what I can do about that one. I am personally not very good at dodging incoming missiles myself, but I will give it a try and see how it ends up. :joystick:

Thanks!

John

Intel i7 6800k watercooled | ASUS Rampage V Edition 10 | 32 GB RAM | Asus GTX1080 watercooled

Today I covered the probably most requested topic:

How to operate the MiG-21Bis radar.

If you have any more suggestions, feedback or questions, please let me know!

Enjoy,

John

Edited by xxJohnxx

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Another requested video for the series: Flying an approach using the RSBN and the SAU autopilot.

If you have any more suggestions, feedback or questions, please let me know!

Thanks,

John

Great tutorials mate! Really Helpfull

1 note to the radar Video

If you maintain pressing the Lock button on Scan mode, the radar will scan only a 1/3 portion of it, the portion at your 12, but it is Faster than the normal Scan, it will allow you to follow a target better, and also looks like it Locks better

And the info of the Video only in pics (It has the Lazur)

http://www.flyshark.republika.pl/Stacja_angielska/sapfir.htm

Edited by il_corleone
  • Like 1

Great tutorials mate! Really Helpfull

1 note to the radar Video

If you maintain pressing the Lock button on Scan mode, the radar will scan only a 1/3 portion of it, the portion at your 12, but it is Faster than the normal Scan, it will allow you to follow a target better, and also looks like it Locks better

Thanks for the feedback!

I didn't know that about keeping the lock button pressed. Thanks for pointing that out!

• 2 weeks later...

Why is this thread not a Sticky???

I have to do a search every time that I come back to the forums..

Intel I9-10850K (OC @ 5.0ghz) │ Asus Maximus XII Hero │ G.Skill Ripjaws 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3200 │ Thermaltake Water 360mm
Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24gb │ 2TB M.2 EVO Pro; 1T M.2 EVO; Sandisk SSD Drives │ 49" Samsung Curved Widescreen │ 28" Touchscreen

- ҉ - Blackshark Cockpit Trainer - ҉ -    Thread   | Download

Nice tutorials John.........good work. Thanks. :thumbup:

System :-

i7-12700K 3.6 GHz 12 core, ASUS ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming, 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200MHz, 24GB Asus ROG Strix Geforce RTX 3090, 1x 500GB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, 1x 2TB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, Corsair 1000W RMx Series Modular 80 Plus Gold PSU, Windows 10. VIRPIL VPC WarBRD Base with HOTAS Warthog Stick and Warthog Throttle, VIRPIL ACE Interceptor Pedals, VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus Base with a Hawk-60 Grip, HP Reverb G2.

Having been inspired by your RSNB Navigation tutorial, I created a kind of supplemental video which focuses on using the lessons learned from your video, utilizing the first single-player mission that comes with the module -- it presents the pilot with a variety of navigation scenarios, and IMHO, is an excellent mission to practice navigation.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
Subscribed

PLEASE do a PRMG landing tutorial. I know how to do it, but the system seems to always over correct itself and tries to murder me. Please do one!

Why would you want to do that? It softens, dampens, and slows your inputs. Particularly useful at high speeds but landing it is useless and the needed critical response time is too slow. It is possible but you have to be very careful t predict your inputs in advanced.