MiG-21Bis Hanger Talk

xxJohnxx

England must be a mutt mixed with Imperialism and Metricism :D

The metric journey; An anecdote by a confused local lad:

The other week I drove 5 miles to the shop, I bought 7 litres of petrol and 2 kilogrammes of cheese, on the drive back I saw a glamorous filly, not 100 yards from the post office, naturally I politely waved as I chuffed by but in doing so I missed the 100 metre marker for the next junction.

Had to go around to the tune of another 2 miles round the country roads.

But at least I can still get a pint of bitter for £2.30 at the local and it's only 500 metres from the Dillon's farm where I get my eggs for 90p a dozen.

It's wonderful, you must try it.

I'm sorry to inform you but...world is not flat.:D

It.. isn't? H-hold on, I need to sit down. Wooooooooooow. Has anyone been to the shiny night light? That big circle that lights up the night?

• Like 1

Reformers hate him! This one weird trick found by a bush pilot will make gunfighter obsessed old farts angry at your multi-role carrier deck line up!

It.. isn't? H-hold on, I need to sit down. Wooooooooooow. Has anyone been to the shiny night light? That big circle that lights up the night?

I must say I have! Also, If i might add, It tastes pretty good. :music_whistling:

Wanna see my latest DCS: World movie?

Follow this link!

My YouTube channel- https://www.youtube.com/user/Gargoyle792nd

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I must say I have! Also, If i might add, It tastes pretty good. :music_whistling:

Isn't cool how it's just flat on the back instead of being round like the front. ;)

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Very interesting video. Thanks John :thumbup:

"In victory you deserve champagne, in defeat you need it"

- Winston Churchill

3700X | X570 Aorus Elite | GTX 1070 | 32GB 3200 (3600)mhz Corsair | XFX 850W PSU | Lian Li Lan Cool 2 | Tir5 + TCP, VIVE Cosmos Elite | TMWH #08677 | Saitek Combat Pedals

As requested, talking a bit about the diffrent weapons available for the MiG-21Bis:

Enjoy!

Great video!

I had no idea that the radar guided missiles had such similar range to the heat seekers.

I find that a bit wierd...Why would you go through the trouble of using the radar guided if the heat seekers have the same range?

Could someone explain this to me? :helpsmilie:

about the Kh-66 (Radar Guided A2G)... i thought the radar was only an Air2Air-Radar!?

Yes. However, as far as I know, when firing the Kh-66 the radar operates in a fixed beam mode. In that mode it will point straight ahead. The piper on the hud will indicate that.

Now, the missile uses the straight ahead looking radar to guide itselfe down to the impact point.

EDIT:

Apparently, you can lock a point on the ground with the radar. If you don't deviate to much from course, the radar will maintain the lock.

After launching, the Kh-66 will then ride down that radarbeam and hopefully hit the target.

There is no "locking" of the target. You keep the piper over the target by flying the plane. Therfore the radarbeam will be on target. And that's what the missile is using for guidance.

Hope that makes it more clear! :smilewink:

Edited by xxJohnxx

Check out my YouTube: xxJohnxx

Intel i7 6800k watercooled | ASUS Rampage V Edition 10 | 32 GB RAM | Asus GTX1080 watercooled

Sorry, I have to change something of that: You can actually lock onto a ground target. Didn't know that!

Hey John!

Great videos. Just a correction though, you CAN lock the KH-66 onto something. You can't deviate too much off course (as you'll loose lock), but you can lock to a point on the ground. :)

Cheers, Nick

Source:

Check out my YouTube: xxJohnxx

Intel i7 6800k watercooled | ASUS Rampage V Edition 10 | 32 GB RAM | Asus GTX1080 watercooled

• 2 weeks later...