Xbox 360 Controller Profiles

jib

I am Trying to get a couple of my friends to fly online with me, they are good gamers with high end pcs but "don't do flight Sims" so haven't got any flight joysticks or Trackir but what they have got is Wireless Xbox controller adapters.

So I have saved them the effort and made them some profiles to use with it.

I am pleased with the way it has gone and I can fly quite well and make kills with this set up with almost no use of the keyboard at all.

The two bumper buttons and the start and back buttons are modifiers which allows for a great deal of combinations (you just have to remember them) that's why I made these help full key cards

I have only done the SU-25T and the F-15C but the rest should be easy now I have worked out the "formula".

I wish they was an easy way to use the triggers for firing the cannons and releasing weapons, a lot of the keyboard emulators I have downloaded are rubbish, don't work at all or have viruses in. Anyone know of a good, free easy to use system to convert the trigger axis to key presses?

Edit: I figured out how to use a little program call JoytoKey http://www.brothersoft.com/joytokey-download-106303.html seems like the just the job

I might reconfigure the profile a bit now.

attachment.php?attachmentid=37891&stc=1&d=1270947429

and the F-15C

attachment.php?attachmentid=37892&stc=1&d=1270947929

I don't seem to be able to upload the profiles here even after renaming them .txt so i will try and find somewhere else to host them if anyone wants them

505920348_Xbox360SU-25TProfileKeyCard.thumb.jpg.577855cbbb49dfe8c54a6e6179d86381.jpg

1292796797_Xbox360F-15CProfileKeyCard.thumb.jpg.1eb6753afbe0a9f610d6d452f47ceffd.jpg

F-15c Xbox controler Final.txt

final Su-25T Xbox controler.txt

Edited by jib

Mods I use: KA-50 JTAC - Better Fire and Smoke - Unchain Rudder from trim KA50 - Sim FFB for G940 - Beczl Rocket Pods Updated!

Processor: Intel Q6600 @ 3.00GHz

GPU: GeForce MSI RTX 2060 6GB

RAM: Crucial 8GB DDR2

HDD: 1TBGB Crucial SSD

Peripherals: Logitech G940 Hotas, TrackiR 5, Voice Activated commands , Sharkoon 5.1 headset. ,Touch Control for iPad, JoyToKey

A little unorthodox but if they learn to like the Sim and buy a copy or two that's great.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7 10700K OC 5.1GHZ / 500GB SSD & 1TB M:2 & 4TB HDD / MSI Gaming MB / GTX 1080 / 32GB RAM / Win 10 / TrackIR 4 Pro / CH Pedals / TM Warthog

they are good gamers .. ;) on X360.. well .. hehehe!

This is a lot of work .. Jib if you succeed lets us know and i really hope it work too and maybe bring your friend to a Simulator experience.. maybe later with a joystick.

Fly it like you stole it..

Well it's certainly a potential to recruit more gamers over into the dark world of simulators and all the aeronatical jimbojumbo that is taking place here. ;)

Good work :thumbup:

The mind is like a parachute. It only works when it's open | The important thing is not to stop questioning

A while ago I injured my shoulder to the point where I couldn't raise it enough to hold my saitek. I wasn't going to let this stop me getting sim time in, so turned to an XBOX 360 pad, given I could rest it on my legs without moving the shoulder at all.

It worked a treat for FSX and a few others - I'm not sure I could fly blackshark with it though, the small movement range of the sticks doesn't lead to precision at all.

Anyway, one thing that worked a lot better for me - setting the 'bumper buttons' as the yaw axis. I am assuming by bumper buttons you are referring to the analogue buttons (LT/RT).

It's a lot easier to hold a slight rudder offset for say cross wind landings than trying to hold the small joystick in a precise position!

One other thing I've done with the 360 pad is to use it with my Saitek aviator for handling optics and weapons deployment (obviously this works better in DSC:BS as you're normally in a hover by this point).

For flying with the xbox controller I find the right stick is OK for the rudder and use a modifier to use it for looking around, I have had to set a strong s curve and a 10 size deadzone on all the stick axis because they kind of suck.

I would set the triggers or I guess bumper buttons to fire (setting bumper means you lose a possible modifier button) because you don't have to let go of the sticks when you are on an attack run.

When I am Playing Blackshark I use the Xbox contoler for just for targeting if I go into auto hover mode because even touching the stick position slightly to use the pov hat messes up the hover. I can quickly rain down destruction from a stable platform when doing it like this.

I have a force feedback joystick, force feedback pedals and Trackir 4 for normal flight, it is just my friends that are cheap skates.

It has taken a lot of thought and trial and error to come up with a adequate solution because the controllers are really inadequate for a flight Sim.

Mods I use: KA-50 JTAC - Better Fire and Smoke - Unchain Rudder from trim KA50 - Sim FFB for G940 - Beczl Rocket Pods Updated!

Peripherals: Logitech G940 Hotas, TrackiR 5, Voice Activated commands , Sharkoon 5.1 headset. ,Touch Control for iPad, JoyToKey

I have Improved the Profile now by moving more common tasks off the left bumper because it was messing up the view setting and its easier to change radar modes, and put the fire and weapons release on the trigers.

This is more of a single player profile with lots of view change options, than a Simulation mode profile.

attachment.php?attachmentid=37916&stc=1&d=1271004353

487866596_LatestF-15Profile.thumb.jpg.6effa34509523033ed1c2f883e3c8e1b.jpg

• 5 months later...

I think they're profiles, for some kind of proprietary software, right?

I guess this would beat using the old keyboard and mouse.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

OS:WIN7 HP X64|MOBO:ASRock Z68|CPU:I52500k@4Ghz|RAM:12Gb 3x4Gb GSkill Ripjaws 9-9-9-24 @1600Mhz|GPU:ASUS GTX580|HDD:2x128Gb Crucial sataIII SSD raid0|PSU:Antek 1000watt|Case:Antek 1200|Peripherals: TMWH|Saitek ProFlight rudder pedals|TrackIr4

• 7 months later...
  • 4 years later...
I have a force feedback joystick, force feedback pedals and Trackir 4 for normal flight, it is just my friends that are cheap skates.

Force feedback pedals?

I need, I need, I need... What about my wants? QuickSilver original.

"Off with his job" Mr Burns on the Simpsons.

"I've seen steering wheels / arcade sticks / flight sticks for over a hundred dollars; why be surprised at a 150 dollar item that includes the complexities of this controller?! It has BLINKY LIGHTS!!" author unknown.

These titles are listed in the chronological order I purchased them.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I played DCS A-10C with an Xbox360 controller for quite some years. I used the Back, Select, X and Y buttons as modifiers to be able to assign all the 4-way switches to either the digi-pad or the coloured buttons as well as the two-way switches to the shoulder buttons. The X and Y key worked as modifiers as well as normal buttons in combination with other modifiers. Overall, it actually worked pretty well that way. I had almost full HOTAS-control like on the real thing (except pinky switch and speedbrake) and with some curvatures for the sticks it even flew pretty well.

I also used the gamepad for the Huey for a while which also worked quite well. Just the collective which I assigned to the two digital shoulder buttons (RB and LB) was a bit sluggerish.

When I switched to a TM Warthog HOTAS just last year I was a bit disappointed first, because it (or rather I) didn't performed as well as with the Xbox360 pad but that was just because I wasn't used to the HOTAS. After a while it worked much better than the gamepad, but I would still say that the gamepad works pretty well fo DCS.

Edited by QuiGon

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg