C-101 update

Vibora

Very true, there is an obligation on the devs in this particular situation, but I can be pretty sure they'll tell us when there is something to tell. I just wish I had a dollar for every time someone asked is there was any news on module X. I'd just rather read what the devs have to say instead.

I'd give you a dollar every time someone asks for an update if you could restrain yourself from making some developer apologist propaganda post.

And if you really don't like the fluff in these threads you don't need to add to it.

Thanks for the update Aviodev! Please keep them coming.

• Like 1

This week we implemented Comm UHF and VHF radio + Intercom in front and rear cockpit on EB.

You did that at the end of June (Facebook 2nd link).

Please say you've actually made progress on other stuff as well in the past 6 weeks.

You've also yet to post *anything* about your AFM development.

After 18 months, I'd have expected at the very least you'd have got a prototype running in some form, even if you'd had to bin it off due to greater changes with the project and dual seat integration.

I appreciate things take time and I appreciate you're at least making an effort in communication, but coming back and just saying "We're still alive and making progress" time and time again isn't giving me any confidence this project is going to be finished until well into 2017.

At this point, have you got a plan? A list of features you're working through? What's the completion rate on said features etc? You've been selling the module now for a long time, and it's well due past the time when you put information about *where* you are in development.

Edit: Just to be clear, I'm not saying this to be nasty, I truely want to see this project succeed, it's just a strong critism from what we're getting as paid customers.

Edited by Buzzles
Update

I agree with Buzzes a more full update would be nice. I bought this module I support of the developers on day one and am starting too feel a little regret. I'm trying to stay positive. I just would like to see the cc version come to life in my hanger

Sometimes not saying much is more comforting than saying nothing JuanOscar :) Thanks.

Hi,

I know, communication is not our best asset, and it's something we have been trying to improve, and we will keep trying for sure. Apologies for that.

As our first projects, we were ot free to make mistakes, and bad choies at some points, for example thinking to take two variants of the same version, it would be not so hard to achieve. Then we found those two variants had more diferences than we expect, and also both are two-seaters. That means in terms of code, manage four cockpits, ang brings a massive time invested to implement them in the best way. Just multricrew meant rework and reestructure a big part of the code to make it possible, in talking EB/CC that means do it twice. Add to this, AFM integration with systems and get a proper results.

But when beta was released, we acquire a compromise with the community about the features in the C-101, and we feel we must complete the project with this features even it means lot of extra time invested. It is a very special project for us, and we won't be happy with us if for release something quickly, we have to a lite version of DCS C-101.

This week we implemented Comm UHF and VHF radio + Intercom in front and rear cockpit on EB. It took time to achieve this milestone. We were waiting to make a post with this feature and a video showing how they work now, so there was no news in almost one month as we wanted the whole pack of comms radio ready. This will be available on next update. :)

I know this post can be understood as excuses, or doesn't help to dissipate some concerns. As some of you could think this looks very bad, but after all this months, and with all the problems, hey we are still alive and ready, as we never had any doubt about this project, and we keep everyday focused and working on the target.

We really want to thank you very much to all these people who still sends their support to us, it really means a lot to us. And for those who has lost their faith on this, we just hope our work and commitment will reverse this.

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

Very true, there is an obligation on the devs in this particular situation, but I can be pretty sure they'll tell us when there is something to tell. I just wish I had a dollar for every time someone asked is there was any news on module X. I'd just rather read what the devs have to say instead.

Heck even in my job I have to report monthly even if nothing of significance has happened :megalol:

Ya, I wouldn't mind a little clarification on what has happened since that facebook post. But anyways, thanks for the update, guys. Take the time to do it right but please keep us in the loop when you can.:)

EDIT:

This will be available on next update.
Does this mean we'll soon see comms in a DCS World patch update?
Edited by kontiuka

Ya, I wouldn't mind a little clarification on what has happened since that facebook post. But anyways, thanks for the update, guys. Take the time to do it right but please keep us in the loop when you can.:)

The whole radio system was completed this week, in the post on the quote I was talking about VHF radio which was the first to get it in both cockpits working properly with the priority feature. That was a big step forward for us, and why it was commented, probably we should have written VHF specifically, but at the end the results in terms of works it's the same. Our posts are just informative, do not reflect exactly the reality of all the work behind the scenes. :)

Does this mean we'll soon see comms in a DCS World patch update?

Yes, comm radios should be present on next update.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

From today's changelog ...

DCS C-101 by AvioDev

• Reworked cockpit structure
  • Radios (VHF, UHF, intercom) implementation. Front and rear cockpit
  • New cockpit (knobs, oxygen system, tap on glass...) realistic sounds. Front and rear cockpit
  • Tweaked AI takeoff performance
  • Modified mirror vision
  • Integration work between front and rear cockpit continues. Several improvements

Good stuff. I haven't lost the faith.

Intel i7-8700K | Asus Maximus X Formula | Corsair Vengeance 32GB DDR4 3200MHz | Gainward Phoenix GTX1070 GLH | Samsung 960 EVO NVMe 1 x 250GB OS & 1 x 500GB Games | Corsair RM750x 750W | Corsair Carbide Air 540| Win10 | Dell 27" 1440p 60Hz | Custom water loop: CPU EK-Supremacy EVO, GPU EK-GTX JetStream - Acetal+Nickel & Backplate, Radiator EK-Coolstream PE 360, Pump & Res EK-XRES 140 Revo D5, Fans 3 x EK-Vardar 120mm & 2 x Corsair ML140 140mm

It has a more accurate geometry.

Also IMO it looks better.

Also, rear cockpit has more functionality now. More of the gauges seem to be working. There's also an interesting glass distortion effect on the canopy and cockpit separation pane. It was there before but seems a little more pronounced now. And the gauge lighting is different.

I'm a bit on the opposite side- I would like to see the CC version released before the AFM, as I feel it would be a good business move for Aviodev. The sooner people can begin implementing the 101CC in a combat role the sooner the aircraft will get some more attention and sales. The C-101 will certainly be the most capable light attack aircraft of the three I should think

I can see a lot of work was put into the cockpit and radio implementation, we appreciate it Aviodev. I do have to admit a more steady update flow ala Razbam or Polychop would be good for business and the community in general

If I had to decide between EB with AFM first or CC first I think I'd pick the EB with AFM, but that is personal preference. Either would be great. :)

I'm a bit on the opposite side- I would like to see the CC version released before the AFM, as I feel it would be a good business move for Aviodev. The sooner people can begin implementing the 101CC in a combat role the sooner the aircraft will get some more attention and sales. The C-101 will certainly be the most capable light attack aircraft of the three I should think
I'm kind of personally tilting towards Aginor's point of view but Ramsey makes an excellent point.
Edited by kontiuka

We will finish EB first, cockpit front and rear integration and navigational aids (they don't work for other maps except Caucasus right now), as all this is needed anyway for CC as well. Then CC weapons and integration with AFM will come. We think it's better to have a concluded airplane first than two incomplete ones. We don't have an estimate of how long this will take, we hope soon and all we can say is that we are working hard. In any case, you will see some more progress in a few weeks most likely.

Roberto "Vibora" Seoane

Alas Rojas

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

sigpic97175_2_small.pngAERGES-LOGO-sin_fondo_small.png

We will finish EB first, cockpit front and rear integration and navigational aids (they don't work for other maps except Caucasus right now), as all this is needed anyway for CC as well. Then CC weapons and integration with AFM will come. We think it's better to have a concluded airplane first than two incomplete ones. We don't have an estimate of how long this will take, we hope soon and all we can say is that we are working hard. In any case, you will see some more progress in a few weeks most likely.

Understandable approach- So to clarify- we can probably expect CC version and the AFM to be released close together? As in the CC won't be pushed out first?

Thanks for the info