Clicking the radio menu in VR

VC

Playing in VR, reaching the "F" keys to go through the "/" radio menu isn't really possible. Which is fine, because you can use the mouse to click on the options and get what you want. But this only works in FC3 planes.

In clickable cockpit modules, even when you bring up the radio menu, your cursor stays as the "blue cross" and clicking on the radio options does nothing. Is there a way to force the cursor to become normal, to be able to click the radio menu?

VC

=X51= Squadron is recruiting!

X51 website: https://x51squadron.com/

Join our Discord: https://discord.gg/d9JtFY4

Hi

When you open the coms menu in VR you get a second Courser. It is normally a bit below the normal one. And it will only appear when over the menu texts.

At last that is how it works for me

MetalGear_Honk

The threemost dangerous threads to Programmers:

• Fresh air
  • Bright sun light
  • The horrifying screams of singingbirds

Hi

Yes in my case I have to move the normal Cross Courser 10cm above the Menu and a bit to the right. Then I can see a white arrow like Courser that comes into view and I can use it.

Another way could be the mouse wheel button. It centers the courser in the middle of your view.

So looking at the text and clicking the button should bring the hidden courser at the right position.

MetalGear_Honk

The threemost dangerous threads to Programmers:

• Fresh air
  • Bright sun light
  • The horrifying screams of singingbirds

As someone who uses VR mostly because immersion you should considering using Voiceattack.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=143331

This gives you a new level of immersion because you are literally verbally communicating with your AI in Tower or Wingmans.

You just need to map one button on your HOTAS for Radio comunication rest you are doing verbally.

One advice if you decide to use Voiceattackand VIACOM for DCS in MP together with Teamspeak. You have to set up the same button as a whisper to your self on TS. That way when you are speaking to AI over the radio will mute mic to another participant on your TS channel.

I don't know about whispering possibilities on Discord but if there is one should work as well.

As someone who uses VR mostly because immersion you should considering using Voiceattack.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=143331

This gives you a new level of immersion because you are literally verbally communicating with your AI in Tower or Wingmans.

You just need to map one button on your HOTAS for Radio comunication rest you are doing verbally.

One advice if you decide to use Voiceattackand VIACOM for DCS in MP together with Teamspeak. You have to set up the same button as a whisper to your self on TS. That way when you are speaking to AI over the radio will mute mic to another participant on your TS channel.

I don't know about whispering possibilities on Discord but if there is one should work as well.

Agreed +1, voice attack is well worth setting up for such a low cost. Plus you have a built in microphone on the rift so your getting sound, visual and voice commands in one package!

4.8 I7, 1080, TMW&T, SSD, VKB MK.IV.

Yeah Voice Attack and Vaicom Pro for DCS is incredible and a huge enhancement for using VR.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

I've been looking at VA for a while, I might get it eventually. If (or more like when) I get the F-14, that will probably he the final push, so I can talk to Jester properly.

Until then though, just looking for an interim solution, though I can't test right now.

VC

=X51= Squadron is recruiting!

X51 website: https://x51squadron.com/

Join our Discord: https://discord.gg/d9JtFY4

Voice attack is totally worth the small fee they are asking for it, and their support is excellent.

I use it to drive extended functionality in the menus, where it walks the entire tree for me to conduct certain things like loading passengers via CTLD, requesting a signal flare for CSAR, etc.

I also have the F-keys all bound to "Fox One" through "Fox Twelve." So I can just say it, and it chooses it for me. I can walk the menus manually this way.

Immersion wise, it's also great for helicopters like the Mi-8 and Huey. The pilot doesn't push every button and turn every knob himself. He relies on the crew. You can mimic this in VA easily.

"Ivan, collision light on!"

Banner EDForum2020.jpg

Have fun. Don't suck. Kill bad guys. 👍

https://discord.gg/blacksharkden/

One thing about voice attack. When I say 'wingman' or 'engage' my pilot says engage, so it's as if I have two voices if you know what I mean/ Anyone know of anyway to make it so I can say engage, and there is a simple 'copy' response?

Perhaps a mod or something?

------------

3080Ti, i5- 13600k 32GB  VIVE index, VKB peddals, HOTAS VPC MONGOOSE, WARTHOG throttle, BKicker,

One thing about voice attack. When I say 'wingman' or 'engage' my pilot says engage, so it's as if I have two voices if you know what I mean/ Anyone know of anyway to make it so I can say engage, and there is a simple 'copy' response?

Are you running Vaicom Pro for Voice Attack?

It has a setting to turn off pilot voice in the Vaicom preferences menu.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

This is normal. Basically when you press a key for giving your wingman some order like engage your pilot say it a true game.

There is a mod which turning off your order true game AI pilot voice so you don't hear your own voice "echo".

All is in description link I send before.

I tried VA and VAICOM for a while about a year, and just couldn't get on with it. Despite doing all the speech training, the recognition I found was erratic.

Perhaps I'll give it another try.

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

I tried VA and VAICOM for a while about a year, and just couldn't get on with it. Despite doing all the speech training, the recognition I found was erratic.

Perhaps I'll give it another try.

I don't know. I was not having such problems. I'm not native English but after I "Teach" SR to my accent didn't have any problems with it.

Perhaps the windows speech recognition has improved ,. I ran through the speech training utility twice , and have had no problems whatsoever .

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

Perhaps the windows speech recognition has improved ,. I ran through the speech training utility twice , and have had no problems whatsoever .

Same here, I ran through it either two or three times and it does pretty darn good for me.

Don B

Playing in VR, reaching the "F" keys to go through the "/" radio menu isn't really possible. Which is fine, because you can use the mouse to click on the options and get what you want. But this only works in FC3 planes.

In clickable cockpit modules, even when you bring up the radio menu, your cursor stays as the "blue cross" and clicking on the radio options does nothing. Is there a way to force the cursor to become normal, to be able to click the radio menu?

VC, in my VR (htc vive) I see the blue cross, but under it there is a white mouse cursor.

I have to have the mouse cursor hover over the menus in VR.

The blue cross clicks on the VR select-able items in the cockpit, but the mouse cursor clicks on the items in the drop down menus.

This is my mileage. Yours may vary.

Hope this helps.