Tacview, the ACMI for DCS World – Official Thread

Vyrtuoz

Yes, I think I can add an option for that.

Thank you!!

MY SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel pentium 3 @ 800 MHz, 256 Mb RAM, Geforce 2 64Mb, Dell screen 1024x768 + Microsoft sidewhiner joystick + TrackIR 2 + TrackClitPro SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 98, Noice Attack & VIASAT PRO, SnackView

Hey Virtuoz...

I think maybe I am missing it but is there a an autoupdate feature in the works as we have to download the install the new .exe file with every new release?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Check Six!!!_:gun_sniper:_:pilotfly:

||R7-2700X||ASUS ROG STRIX-X470F Gaming||GSKILL-TridentZRGB 16GBDDR4 3200C14||CORSAIR RM 1000X||SAPPHIRE RX 7900 XTX 24GB OC||WARTHOG HOTAS||:gun_smilie:

Mapview is a third party addon for Tacview developed by Jacques ‘Detox’ Deyrieux.

With just a few clicks you can now automatically download and install terrain tiles for your favorite theater of operation. Mapview will download terrain tiles from one of predefined providers. They are then processed and stored in Tacview custom folder C:\ProgramData\Tacview\Data\Terrain\Textures.

Mapview is a fantasic application, I can't say how many hours/days I spent copying and pasting Skyvector screenshots to make tiles for Tacview.

After generating a set of tiles for the Persian Gulf, I decided to generate a set for the Falklands Islands.

Unfortunately, the tiles for the Southern hemisphere were misaligned

I'm not sure which application is in error (Tacview 1.7.4 or Mapview 1.4.2) but thought to report so any issues can be fixed ahead of a "South Atlantic" map release.

22954569_Mapview1_4_2SouthernTilesmisaligned(FalklandsTest)Tacview1_7_4.thumb.JPG.b4f5cc0302cb3069529df96bc7c8f19a.JPG

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

Hey Vyrtuoz...

Do you foresee a day when TV might be something you could turn on or off from within the sim (maybe with a keystroke combo) instead of from the main screen? At least maybe in Single Player?

Thanks and keep up the awesome work!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

http://www.476vfightergroup.com/content.php

High Quality Aviation Photography For Personal Enjoyment And Editorial Use.

www.crosswindimages.com

I saw that late activated naval units are displayed in Tacview. Is that a bug and if so a DCS related one?

A warrior's mission is to foster the success of others.

i9-12900K | MSI RTX 3080Ti Suprim X | 128 GB Ram 3200 MHz DDR-4 | MSI MPG Edge Z690 | Samung EVO 980 Pro SSD | Virpil Stick, Throttle and Collective | MFG Crosswind | HP Reverb G2

RAT - On the Range - Rescue Helo - Recovery Tanker - Warehouse - Airboss

Is this coming to sale any time soon?

I lost my product code, and i dont have any notes form buy.

Only same email that i used when i got this first time years ago.

Oculus CV1, Odyssey, Pimax 5k+ (i5 8400, 24gb ddr4 3000mhz, 1080Ti OC )

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Haukka81,

Please send me by email or PM as many details as possible like your full name and email address when you got Tacview. I may be able to recover your product key.

There will definitively be a sale by then end of the year, but I do not know in advance the exact dates.

Is this coming to sale any time soon?

I lost my product code, and i dont have any notes form buy.

Only same email that i used when i got this first time years ago.

tacview-signature-512x128x24.png

I am not sure I understand well. Do you mean that some naval units are displayed too early in Tacview?

It may be a bug in Tacview or a limitation/feature of DCS. This is hard to say.

Can you share a TRK file and its corresponding ACMI file please? (also specify which exact version of DCS was used to product it)

I saw that late activated naval units are displayed in Tacview. Is that a bug and if so a DCS related one?

Haukka81,

Please send me by email or PM as many details as possible like your full name and email address when you got Tacview. I may be able to recover your product key.

There will definitively be a sale by then end of the year, but I do not know in advance the exact dates.

Thanks, PM send

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oculus CV1, Odyssey, Pimax 5k+ (i5 8400, 24gb ddr4 3000mhz, 1080Ti OC )

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I am not sure I understand well. Do you mean that some naval units are displayed too early in Tacview?

Yes, exactly. Very easy to reproduce actually. Create a new mission, add some ships (I used a speed boad and the Stennis), put them on late activated.

When you start the mission, the map is completely empty but Tacview track shows the ships which were never activated in game. Latest DCS version 2.5.3.23225

I can attach a track if you still need it?

A warrior's mission is to foster the success of others.

i9-12900K | MSI RTX 3080Ti Suprim X | 128 GB Ram 3200 MHz DDR-4 | MSI MPG Edge Z690 | Samung EVO 980 Pro SSD | Virpil Stick, Throttle and Collective | MFG Crosswind | HP Reverb G2

RAT - On the Range - Rescue Helo - Recovery Tanker - Warehouse - Airboss

Since what you see in Tacview is what is exported by DCS API, it looks like a DCS World bug.

Nevertheless, please, I would appreciate a track file (I do not master the mission editor, and this will save me a lot of time). I will give it a try.

Jacques has published a new version of MapView 1.4.3. which fix the bug with The Southern Hemisphere:

https://www.tacview.net/download/addons/

Mapview is a fantasic application, I can't say how many hours/days I spent copying and pasting Skyvector screenshots to make tiles for Tacview.

After generating a set of tiles for the Persian Gulf, I decided to generate a set for the Falklands Islands.

Unfortunately, the tiles for the Southern hemisphere were misaligned

I'm not sure which application is in error (Tacview 1.7.4 or Mapview 1.4.2) but thought to report so any issues can be fixed ahead of a "South Atlantic" map release.

• 2 weeks later...

An improved and comprehensive documentation and video tutorials are coming… but this will be for 2019. There is no tutorial currently available for the online debriefing.

The most common issue is a firewall/router blocking default Tacview TCP port 42673. Make sure this port is open and properly redirected on the host side of the connection.

Also, because no acmi data is transmitted of the connection, just make sure that both of you have loaded a flight recording of the same mission. It does not need to be the exact same file.

Let me know if this helps. If not, please share screenshots of the error message you can get on either side of the connection.

I have latest version of Tacviewer Demo version and problem is that right after I start client it goes unresponsive. It shows 3 day left of demo version but it stays underesponsive until I kill it from windows.

I have tried reinstallating it, deleting it and reinstalling and have deleted export files from saved games folder. :(

When did this problem start?

The most common issues are from obsolete Intel Graphic Drivers, or sometimes, 3D tweaks programs trying to display some kind of HUD in Tacview 3D view.

If your PC main GPU is an Intel one (typically on laptops), please install the latest version of the drivers from the official website:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/80939/Graphics-Drivers

Let me know if this helps.

When did this problem start?

If your PC main GPU is an Intel one (typically on laptops), please install the latest version of the drivers from the official website:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/80939/Graphics-Drivers

Let me know if this helps.

I have latest Nvidia driver just updated some days ago (but didnt had any affect for problem), windows 10 and 1080Ti. I havent really used this software a lot yet but i was planning to start to use this. I once tested it projecting it via videoscreen to view it on large screen. I like to think that after that it has started to freeze

I have also SteamVr and HTCVivePro if those makes any relevance. Is there some crash/dump log in software where it would be possible to start to trace reason?

There is a very rare case when the UI settings get corrupted.

Can you try to delete the following registry entry? This reset may fix your issue.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Raia Software\

This helped and now program is running again like I should :thumbup:

Spinning wheel

Hi guys need some help. Finally decided to invest in advanced version of Tacview. Got my key and download link. Unfortunately every time I click on link I get the spinning download wheel but nothing comes across. I'm sure I'm doing something wrong just don't know what. Sent message to Tacview support yesterday and haven't heard anything yet. Anxious to get this thing in operation.

My apologies for the delay.

It is possible that Fastspring suffer from technical problems.

There is only one distribution of Tacview, so you can simply download the latest official installer from:

https://tacview.net/download

Feel free to pick one of the offered mirrors, I am pretty confident that you will find one which works fine for you.