MOOSE - Mission Object Oriented Scripting Framework

Is there an example mission for the Moose version of the Simple Range Script?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

ASUS Z390-P, i7-9700K CPU @ 5.0Ghz, 32GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce 1070 Ti AMP Extreme, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drives (1Tb & 500 Gb), Windows 10 Professional, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Warthog Stick, Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle, Cougar MFDs x3, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5.

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.90GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 970.

This is a pretty good one.

Thanks Habu! Exactly what I was looking for...Now I have a follow on question for the group...

Lets say I want to use this on the NTTR...There are numerous "Ranges" each has separate target sets. Can I do a separate script for the different ranges (Say a script for the R-63B Class A range and a script for the R-64C Classs A range) or do they have to just be in a single lua file? trying to keep number of units to keep track of manageable. (Also...does this script only work with unguided bombs?)

Edited by Sierra99

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

ASUS Z390-P, i7-9700K CPU @ 5.0Ghz, 32GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce 1070 Ti AMP Extreme, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drives (1Tb & 500 Gb), Windows 10 Professional, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Warthog Stick, Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle, Cougar MFDs x3, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5.

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.90GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 970.

OK so I set up the following 2 missions as a test...

Persian Gulf mission everything works as advertised...

Nevada Mission, When I fire guns, it displays the number of "HITS" but does not compute "Shots fired" verses "Hits"...

Is this something I have to select?

Screen_181001_102742.thumb.png.76b30d7db96068325ff2dda3932421d6.png

TAC_ PG_Nav_04SEP18.miz

TAC NTTR P4.3-All_Ranges_TESTING.miz

Edited by Sierra99

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Nevada Mission, When I fire guns, it displays the number of "HITS" but does not compute "Shots fired" verses "Hits"...

Is this something I have to select?

Strange. Are you using unlimited ammo maybe in that example?

A warrior's mission is to foster the success of others.

i9-12900K | MSI RTX 3080Ti Suprim X | 128 GB Ram 3200 MHz DDR-4 | MSI MPG Edge Z690 | Samung EVO 980 Pro SSD | Virpil Stick, Throttle and Collective | MFG Crosswind | HP Reverb G2

RAT - On the Range - Rescue Helo - Recovery Tanker - Warehouse - Airboss

Strange. Are you using unlimited ammo maybe in that example?

Noooooooooooooooo...Of Course nooooooooooot.......That would be stooooopid..........That would TOTALLY screw up a measuring system comparing Rounds expended with Rounds remaining...

:doh:

Yeah...Yeah I had unlimited ammo turned on...:music_whistling:

Thank You FunkyFranky

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Noooooooooooooooo...Of Course nooooooooooot.......That would be stooooopid..........That would TOTALLY screw up a measuring system comparing Rounds expended with Rounds remaining...

Thank You FunkyFranky

:megalol: ROFL

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

Thank You FunkyFranky

:) :thumbup:

A warrior's mission is to foster the success of others.

i9-12900K | MSI RTX 3080Ti Suprim X | 128 GB Ram 3200 MHz DDR-4 | MSI MPG Edge Z690 | Samung EVO 980 Pro SSD | Virpil Stick, Throttle and Collective | MFG Crosswind | HP Reverb G2

RAT - On the Range - Rescue Helo - Recovery Tanker - Warehouse - Airboss

On A2G BAI tasking......

How do I shut off the map mark location for a task and disable the repeating status on screen? I'm sending guys out to locate and destroy a convoy in an area, and the task keeps giving away the location of the enemy quite directly.

Is there a method to quiet the updates and one to disable map marks?

Edited by fargo007

Banner EDForum2020.jpg

Have fun. Don't suck. Kill bad guys. 👍

https://discord.gg/blacksharkden/

Can someone take a look at this mission and tell me what I'm doing wrong? I took a script that works in NTTR...Modified it for Persian Gulf and no aircraft spawn...

Probably something easy but I've spent 2 days looking for it and looking at the demo missions and I cant find it.

Thanks for the help

TAC_Persian_Gulf_SAM_Sites.miz

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

I'm trying to look at it but need a better problem statement.

What specifically is supposed to happen, but is not happening?

Right off the bat I can see you have a lot of red AC marked with late activation, but in the script you are not calling the SPAWN class at all.

Edited by fargo007

Banner EDForum2020.jpg

I'm trying to look at it but need a better problem statement.

What specifically is supposed to happen, but is not happening?

Right off the bat I can see you have a lot of red AC marked with late activation, but in the script you are not calling the SPAWN class at all.

You're right...not enough info...

This script is supposed to spawn CAP and GCI aircraft. Cap aircraft orbit at specific points and engage targets when directed, GCI aircraft spawn to engage detected targets as well.

If you run this mission you'll see it works. All I did was reuse the script and rename the groups...I'm thinking it might be the airport names...but not sure. Hence my confusion.

TAC NTTR P4.3-All_Ranges.miz

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

I'm trying my first mission with Moose. I have followed the tutorials and things should be set up correctly. When I load the Moose.lua in my mission I get this message when I start the mission:

[string "D:\TEMP\DCSV\~mis00002170"]:5: attempt to index gobal 'EVENT' (a nil value) stack traceback: [C]: ? [string "D:\TEMP\DCSV~mis00002170"]:5: in main chunk

The mission will run but the script in the mission lua (AI_A2A_GCICAP) won't work.

What is wrong?

I would be very thankful for any help!

Mats

you are not loading the full moose static file into your mission

https://github.com/FlightControl-Master/MOOSE_INCLUDE/tree/develop/Moose_Include_Static

METAR weather for DCS World missions

Guide to help out new DCS MOOSE Users -> HERE

Havoc Company Dedicated server info Connect IP: 94.23.215.203

SRS enabled - freqs - Main = 243, A2A = 244, A2G = 245

Please contact me HERE if you have any server feedback or METAR issues/requests

@Sierra

Found the issues.

1 - Your version of Moose was too old.

2 - Mission script was running on a ten second delay. I changed it to "Mission Start"

3 - Lar airbase object was incorrectly named.

I added some idiotic flights there just to generate activity and forgot to remove them.

Updated mission attached.

Cheers!

/Fargo

TAC_Persian_Gulf_SAM_Sites_fixed_Fargo.miz

Banner EDForum2020.jpg

I >THOUGHT< I downloaded the latest version...unless I managed to find an old one on the hard drive...

2 - Mission script was running on a ten second delay. I changed it to "Mission Start"

Yeah I did that because I wasn't sure which to use

What do you mean? I misnamed it or it was misnamed in Moose? (Comparing the two they "look" the same)

Thank you very much for the help Fargo.

Edited by Sierra99

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

I understood Johnny_Rico that his post was meant for me and replaced the moose.lua with the static one from MOOSE INCLUDE. The error message does not show anymore but the red fighter (still) doesn't spawn.

GCICAPTEST.miz

GCICAPTEST.lua

The F-15 should be detected by the red EWR and a MiG-21 should spawn at Gaudata and intercept.

FlightControl makes this look so easy and I think everything should be OK, but there must be something I have overlooked.

Thanks Johnny!

EDIT: I got it working now! I found a number of errors in the mission lua!

When are the luas internalized into the miz file? When I add them in the trigger menus or when I save the mission?

Edited by MatsH

it can be tricky IF you edit a lua file, then save it

What i tend to do to avoid errors/it not being updated is to

1. Quit ME go to main screen in dcs

2. Open miz file in winrar nav to l10n/Defaults drop the SAVED lua file in there

3. close winrar

4. Open ME in DCS and open the mission

METAR weather for DCS World missions

Guide to help out new DCS MOOSE Users -> HERE

Havoc Company Dedicated server info Connect IP: 94.23.215.203

SRS enabled - freqs - Main = 243, A2A = 244, A2G = 245

Please contact me HERE if you have any server feedback or METAR issues/requests

I >THOUGHT< I downloaded the latest version...unless I managed to find an old one on the hard drive...

Yeah I did that because I wasn't sure which to use

What do you mean? I misnamed it or it was misnamed in Moose? (Comparing the two they "look" the same)

Thank you very much for the help Fargo.

You're welcome. Others here have helped me so I'm happy to pass it forward.

.Lar_AIRBASE vs. Lar_Airbase

That one was in all caps and the others weren't. The version of moose in there predated the PG map.

Banner EDForum2020.jpg

Release 2.4.0 has been published.

On github:

https://github.com/FlightControl-Master/MOOSE/releases/tag/2.4.0

Please review and enjoy!

FC and FunkyFranky

[TABLE][sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]|

[/TABLE]

A huge bunch of new awesome features, thanks for all the work

Whisper of old OFP & C6 forums, now Kalbuth.

Specs : i7 6700K / MSI 1070 / 32G RAM / SSD / Rift S / Virpil MongooseT50 / Virpil T50 CM2 Throttle / MFG Crosswind.

All but Viggen, Yak52 & F16

Hey guys wondering if someone can shed some light on my issue.

I've been banging my head to the wall trying to get the new Warehouse module working as described and I'm having no luck. I have even tried to set up a simple infantry self request with a single warehouse to make sure the feature is working and I'm stumped.

I'm a novice script writer at best and I'm sure it's something I'm doing wrong, but I just can't seem to troubleshoot it myself.

I've included the .lua file if anyone could take a few moments to check/test with their own quick mission setup. Note: I have the latest moose.lua and source code from the github site and I am loading the Moose.lua then my script lua file at mission start in the proper order.

Thanks!

MissionIV.lua