Next Q&A?

NineLine

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is there any plan on improving the pathfinding of the AI gorund units?

Are you going to add new static buildings? Buildings like gas stations, embassies, or other civilian structures would be nice for mission editing.

What are the longer plans for CA? (we have seen the "CA/RTS" job offer)

Why redfor planes are "too delicate" matter?

Is there any work in progress or at least plans related to improving target visibility/imposters/model enlargement e.g. on 1440p or 4K? (1080p works much better)

Can we get more information on the "Flaming Cliffs 4" with four aircraft?

What time era will the planes of "FC4" be?

What kind of aircraft, air to air, air to ground, multi role, and mixture?

Is it currently a high priority project?

What kind of price range?

Or any information about FC4 really.

Multiplayer performance and netcode, datacartridge support on the hornet, Missile guidance logic,

fragmentation damage both a2a and a2g.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

*unexpected flight behaviour* Oh shiii*** ! What ? Why ? What is happening ?

My vote would be for whomever who can speak the mostly freely and intelligently, and in detail, about the long term plans to make DCS less of a sandbox.

i.e. Dynamic Campaign, Carrier Ops, improved AI, improved ATC, improved missile guidance, improved damage logic, utilization, etc, etc.

Something different than the usual "Here is some info on the next module or asset pack or map that will be for sale." While that is always very exciting I think many of us want to gain a better understanding of where DCS is heading and how this is all coming together more than the current hodge podge.

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

This

My vote would be for whomever who can speak the mostly freely and intelligently, and in detail, about the long term plans to make DCS less of a sandbox.

i.e. Dynamic Campaign, Carrier Ops, improved AI, improved ATC, improved missile guidance, improved damage logic, utilization, etc, etc.

Something different than the usual "Here is some info on the next module or asset pack or map that will be for sale." While that is always very exciting I think many of us want to gain a better understanding of where DCS is heading and how this is all coming together more than the current hodge podge.

Are you planning to expamd the array of ground units?

We could use a bigger variety of SAM systems (S-300V, S-200, Redeye) ground units (T-64, more T-72 and 80 subvariants, AMXs, Chieftains) as well as mor diverse infantry units.

It’s AI would neee improvements as well.

It would definitely help to create more complx and realistic combat scenarios IMHO.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"Alis Aquilae Aut Pax Aut Bellum"

Veritech's DCS YouTube Channel

more "passion" and "thoughtfulness" ...

- Modules Simulator?

- Terrain Simulator?

- COMBAT SIMULATOR?

- What?

Other than that.. just little things really.

1) the OPTION to record a multiplayer track (yes and no) rather than being forced upon to do so.

2) the ability to scroll in a time-bar to the point in time inside a track, rather than having to play or fast-forward everything from the beginning to the desired moment

This. Plus if microphones can be utilized by DCS. Tired of using SRS for proper comms.

Hardware: T-16000M Pack, Saitek 3 Throttle Quadrant, Homemade 32-function Leo Bodnar Button Box, MFG Crosswind Pedals Oculus Rift S

System Specs: MSI MPG X570 GAMING PLUS, GTX 1070 SC2, AMD RX3700, 32GB DDR4-3200, Samsung 860 EVO, Samsung 970 EVO 250GB

Modules: Ka-50, Mi-8MTV2, FC3, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-5E, P-51D, Spitfire Mk LF Mk. IXc, Bf-109K-4, Fw-190A-8

Maps: Normandy, Nevada

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Whoever's involved with the development of a Flight Model. I would like to know what education and development tools are used to create such amazing tech. And/Or whoever's involved with the Hornet 3D-Model. Is it as tedious as it looks to create? Any good and bad stories you can share from the different development stages?

i9 9900k @5.1GHz NZXT Kraken |Asus ROG Strix Z390 E-Gaming | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Evo 1TB | LPX 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra | Reverb G1  | HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Flight Pedals

OH.. about missiles.

Rather than inductive or deductive, a retroductive approach would make more sense - meaning re-constructing backwards.

Everything there is to be known about missiles of that used generation is pretty much known:

- Mass / Weight

- Propellants used

- Types of propellants

- dynamic weights

- thrust (burn speeds and time)

- seekers FOVs and limitations

- TONS of literature on navigation of missiles

- measurements (importance below)

- etc etc.

so by all means, everything needed to model a "missile" by classical mechanics means (in terms of math and physics) is KNOWN..

HOWEVER ..

the challenges are:

- a proper atmospheric model based on altitude and temperature (including gravity)

- which leads to the next MAIN point.. the Cd drag values. These can be (retroductive) reproduced by creating 3D models of original proportions and putting these into virtual "wind-tunnels" (CFD modelling to gather Cd tables or variables)

- another challenge is how the seekers operate. I understand, that here we move into the "classified" realm, YET compromises (scripting, coding..) can be made, which STILL allow "realistic" combat scenarios.

- Which leads to the next problem.. the study of "realistic" combat scenarios FIRST. What were the real techniques/tactics in BVR historically, and WHY? ; or do we have a "different reality" or "game-matrix"?

+1

The fundementals of a modern air combat sim, actually making tactics champion over gaming the figures.

Is DCS BVR ever going to be more about simulation and less about gaming?

"[51☭] FROSTIE" #55

51st PVO "BISONS"

Fastest MiG pilot in the world - TCR'10

https://100kiap.org

Personally I would be very interested in reading answers about SPOTTING in DCS.
I quote that.....

Ciao Bear :D

🖥️ R7-5800X3D 64GB RTX-4090 LG-38GN950  🥽 Meta Quest 3  🕹️ VPForce Rhino FFB, Virpil F-14 (VFX) Grip, F-15EX Throttle, MFG Crosswinds v3, Razer Tartarus V2 💺SpeedMaster Flight Seat, JetSeat

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VF-103.png

Nine, asks" Let me know what you want to talk to ED about, or who at ED you want to talk to!"

I would like to know who are the coders, who is their boss and who makes the decisions and has the final say on what is being developed. Be nice to know all the people involved with ED. I wonder how many people work on DCS and only DCS? Or does everyone at ED work on many projects in addition too DCS?

How about introductions to all the folks at ED and maybe a tour of the facility. Its hard to choose when you do not know who.....and what they do.

Laz

Bring on the dude that has been in charge of explosions and effects from lockon till recently...

He must be a really good friend of the entire team...

:music_whistling:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

...the few, the proud, the remaining...