Any way to make AI Easier?

Hello! I ve been wondering if there is any way to make the AI easier when flying WW2 airplanes... Im getting frustrated with Bf-109's that can accelerate stright up like a F-15 or an Su-27. Is there any way to tune down the AI other than the high, veteran and average skill levels in the mission editor?

If tried to look for things such as triggers or objectives to make the AI cool it but nothing has worked so far... Will the AI be revamped for world war 2 aircraft when the damage model is improved?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Spudknocker DCS World YouTube Channel!!

RTX 2080 Ti - i7-7700K - 32GB RAM - DCS on 1TB EVO 970 M.2 SSD - Logitech X56 HOTAS

AFAIK, no other way than those standard AI levels, though you can use some tricks in the editor, like fueling 109 to 100% while keeping your own plane a bit unloaded, like 40% fuel maybe but bearing in mind that means for the Spitfire a really short flight time until she gets fixed in fuel consumption. P-51 would be fine even with a 25% of fuel. It's not magic nor a huge difference but that can help to some extent.

S!

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice

give the Ai max fuel (as suggested above), ground ordinance, ground attack task, slow speed, no MW-50 and average skill set.

give yourself a good altitude and speed advantage

if that is not enough, put the Ai on the same side, give it some way points to fly to practice your shooting skills against a non-maneuvering target. You will get get some friendly kill indications or what ever, but who cares?

Gigabyte Z370 Gaming 7 | i7-8700K | 32GB DDR4 3600 | GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FE | EKWB custom loop water cooling | Samsung M.2 EVO 960 500GB SSD + 2 x Crucial 250MX SSD + 4TB HD | Asus PG348Q 3440x1440 | TrackIR5 | Oculus Rift CV1 | MSFFB2 w extension + Saitek X52 Throttle + MFG Crosswind | Windows 10-64

its a good point, I am a warbird pilot in real life an I just get tired of 109's doing things I know they cannot and breaking the laws of physics in the process and kicking by butt every time haha!

Love flying the P-51 just wish the AI flew more realistically... Will the new damage model help that?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

RTX 2080 Ti - i7-7700K - 32GB RAM - DCS on 1TB EVO 970 M.2 SSD - Logitech X56 HOTAS

Just don't set the AI 109s to the higher skill levels. Otherwise they are indeed god-like.

P-51D | Fw 190D-9 | Bf 109K-4 | Spitfire Mk IX | P-47D | WW2 assets pack | F-86 | Mig-15 | Mig-21 | Mirage 2000C | A-10C II | F-5E | F-16 | F/A-18 | Ka-50 | Combined Arms | FC3 | Nevada | Normandy | Straight of Hormuz | Syria

its a good point, I am a warbird pilot in real life an I just get tired of 109's doing things I know they cannot and breaking the laws of physics in the process and kicking by butt every time haha!

Love flying the P-51 just wish the AI flew more realistically... Will the new damage model help that?

What warbirds do you fly, if I may ask? That's very interesting.

I know it can be annoying, but think 109K is a really stunning beast, the last model built in considerable quantities, and probably the best performer of all at least considering pure power and performances (you may dislike some quirks of the aeroplane itself though, but whenever it's all muscle you know that happens…). AI or not, a good human pilot can tear you apart repeatedly with a good discipline and all the advantage those performances give him. AI is just a bit different, but when you realise they are dumb and they make always the same mistakes you'll win easily (ace setting aside :lol:).

S!

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice

The flight models for AI are awful, for both of them.. but it's easier to win against an excellent AI Bf than winning against an excellent Spit.. The Spit can turn on spot without losing energy.. it's just ridiculous :)

Specs:

Asus Z97 PRO Gamer, i7 4790K@4.6GHz, 4x8GB Kingston @2400MHz 11-13-14-32, Titan X, Creative X-Fi, 128+2x250GB SSDs, VPC T50 Throttle + G940, MFG Crosswinds, TrackIR 5 w/ pro clip, JetSeat, Win10 Pro 64-bit, Oculus Rift, 27"@1920x1080

Settings:

2.1.x - Textures:High Terrain:High Civ.Traffic:Off Water:High VisRan:Low Heatblur:High Shadows:High Res:1920x1080 RoC:1024 MSAA:4x AF:16x HDR:OFF DefS: ON GCI: ON DoF:Off Lens: OFF C/G:390m Trees:1500m R:max Gamma: 1.5

Ya Im getting more and more used to it and setting options for the enemy flight that seems to restrict them from making the first move which seems to make it more realistic

Sea Fury and Mustang with a teeny tiny amount of time in an L-39... I really need a VR set up that would be cool! HAHA! Im thinking I'll wait for the second Gen goggles

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

It has gotten Easier... Ive figured out the tricks haha

Try these tactics.. ;) :joystick:

Edited by amazingme

Specs:

Asus Z97 PRO Gamer, i7 4790K@4.6GHz, 4x8GB Kingston @2400MHz 11-13-14-32, Titan X, Creative X-Fi, 128+2x250GB SSDs, VPC T50 Throttle + G940, MFG Crosswinds, TrackIR 5 w/ pro clip, JetSeat, Win10 Pro 64-bit, Oculus Rift, 27"@1920x1080

Settings:

2.1.x - Textures:High Terrain:High Civ.Traffic:Off Water:High VisRan:Low Heatblur:High Shadows:High Res:1920x1080 RoC:1024 MSAA:4x AF:16x HDR:OFF DefS: ON GCI: ON DoF:Off Lens: OFF C/G:390m Trees:1500m R:max Gamma: 1.5