ME still freezing when working with KC130 tanker

Nealius

This has happened to me since 1.5.8 all the way up to 2.5. It happens with or without mods. It happens if I cleanup and repair. It happens if I completely uninstall DCS, wipe my harddrive totally clean of everything DCS, and reinstall. It happens if I delete the Saved Games folder. It has happened across two harddrives and two operating systems (Win 7 and Win 10). Absolutely nothing I do, short of not using the KC130 at all, will solve this problem.

Video and log files attached. The freeze occurs at 0:57, when I click the save icon, in the video.

k_oNiURqdC0

Edited by Nealius

Attach the mission file. It is getting corrupted when trying to save the file. It may offer a clue for why.

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

Here ya go. This is a new mission I just created today. Same mission as in the video.

It's been happening immediately after editing the KC130; either radio frequency or even spawn/waypoint position. Every time. If I don't click on that unit at all, I will not have any problems.

Edited by Nealius

I've had a similar issue when working with the C-130 or KC-135. If I "Fly Mission" from the ME then exit and try to return to ME, DCS will freeze (it will happen even with a blank mission and only adding a C-130). This error just happened when I added a KC-135 to my mission (it looks similar to your error code):

Edit: Does it have something to do with the [C]: ? reference? If that refers to a drive, it is looking in the wrong place. My DCS install is on a different drive

2018-03-20 20:40:57.762 ALERT LUACOMMON: Error: GUI Error: [string "./MissionEditor/modules/me_aircraft.lua"]:2083: attempt to index field 'group' (a nil value)

GUI debug.traceback: stack traceback:

[C]: ?

[string "./MissionEditor/modules/me_aircraft.lua"]:2083: in function 'onSpinUnitOf'

[string "./MissionEditor/modules/me_aircraft.lua"]:1716: in function 'verifySingleInFlight'

[string "./MissionEditor/modules/me_aircraft.lua"]:738: in function 'changeType'

[string "./MissionEditor/modules/me_aircraft.lua"]:1189: in function 'setType'

[string "./MissionEditor/modules/me_aircraft.lua"]:1084: in function 'changeCountry'

[string "./MissionEditor/modules/me_aircraft.lua"]:1568: in function 'fillCountries'

[string "./MissionEditor/modules/me_aircraft.lua"]:1522: in function 'updateCountries'

[string "./MissionEditor/modules/me_mission.lua"]:1496: in function 'load'

[string "./MissionEditor/modules/me_toolbar.lua"]:666: in function 'func'

[string "./MissionEditor/modules/me_wait_screen.lua"]:72: in function 'updater'

[string "./Scripts/UpdateManager.lua"]:64: in function <[string "./Scripts/UpdateManager.lua"]:40>

Edited by prccowboy