Forum Guidelines for Warnings and Suspension of Posting Privileges - Page 2 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 06-27-2015, 05:25 PM   #11
NineLine
Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flagrum View Post
By not paying the approriate amount of attention. Sometimes you just chat away - we are not writing essays that are proof read by some editor.
That's a poor excuse... be more careful what you type. Its very simple. I have never sworn in front of my mom, at work I swear like a sailor... its very easy to control.
ED Facebook PageED YouTube PageWags YouTubeMy YouTube
**How to Report a Bug**

Last edited by NineLine; 06-27-2015 at 05:28 PM.
NineLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2015, 05:39 PM   #12
cichlidfan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiThSpAwN View Post
I think we are limited by characters in the warning box, but as always if a quote isnt provided, email someone on the Mod team if you need clarification.
IMHO, if there is a limit in the warning box preventing a proper explanation of the infraction then a PM containing an explanation should accompany a warning.
ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1
cichlidfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2015, 05:40 PM   #13
rjetster1

I was given a 1.3 Violation on 4/9/15… still have no inkling why. Nevertheless it states that it is a lvl 2. 20 percent warning that expires on 10/6/2015 which is a six month warning before it terminates. My question is that it states under the new Warning and Ban guidelines that it should expire in 3 months from the original warning. Will these timelines be adjusted on user accounts? I’m trying to be cautious what I say here so I do not get any additional warnings added on, nonetheless I am a bit curious and perplexed by these new rules and how they affect older warnings.
rjetster1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2015, 05:42 PM   #14
Flagrum
Veteran

Quote:
No I think that is misleading, we can only give warnings in increments of 10... so 10, or 20, 30, etc...
Allright. (that puts things into a new(ish) perspective - for me at least.)

Quote:
That's a poor excuse... be more careful what you type. Its very simple. I have never sworn in front of my mom, at work I swear like a sailor... its very easy to control.
With that newly gained perspective, I agree, it will be easy to control from now on.

Flagrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2015, 05:42 PM   #15
NineLine
Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjetster1 View Post
I was given a 1.3 Violation on 4/9/15… still have no inkling why. Nevertheless it states that it is a lvl 2. 20 percent warning that expires on 10/6/2015 which is a six month warning before it terminates. My question is that it states under the new Warning and Ban guidelines that it should expire in 3 months from the original warning. Will these timelines be adjusted on user accounts? I’m trying to be cautious what I say here so I do not get any additional warnings added on, nonetheless I am a bit curious and perplexed by these new rules and how they affect older warnings.
Again, if you ever have questions about the warnings, you can PM a mod. But your wanring log generally contains what you need to know. if you didnt notice it right away, and you forgot... PM a mod. If you want to see the text of your deleted message... PM me.
**How to Report a Bug**
Old 06-27-2015, 05:43 PM   #16
NineLine
Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by cichlidfan View Post
IMHO, if there is a limit in the warning box preventing a proper explanation of the infraction then a PM containing an explanation should accompany a warning.
The warning log should contain all you need, if it doesnt, PM a mod.
**How to Report a Bug**
Old 06-27-2015, 05:54 PM   #17
GeorgeLKMT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flagrum View Post
With that newly gained perspective, I agree, it will be easy to control from now on.
I agree... mostly. I have no problem controlling myself (and I come from the region where profanity is very much a cultural thing lol), but by definition (not an linguist though!), vulgar is anything from damn to f-word. Yet I see a great difference between such words. So, are there going to be bans for anything that's on the lowest end of that spectrum and in the real word frowned upon only in kindergarten?
Old 06-27-2015, 05:58 PM   #18
NineLine
Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeLKMT View Post
I agree... mostly. I have no problem controlling myself (and I come from the region where profanity is very much a cultural thing lol), but by definition (not an linguist though!), vulgar is anything from damn to f-word. Yet I see a great difference between such words. So, are there going to be bans for anything that's on the lowest end of that spectrum and in the real word frowned upon only in kindergarten?
Ask. Its simple if you are unsure if its unacceptable, just ask. I think damn will slide... its mostly asking for common sense.
**How to Report a Bug**
Old 06-27-2015, 06:22 PM   #19
Blooze

I am curious to know how posts like THIS will be handled in the future when the initial post is appropriate but the the content of the video is not.
Old 06-27-2015, 06:34 PM   #20
Aginor
Veteran

I am not sure whether I understood correctly how those points accumulate, so just to clarify:

A user replies to a post from Wags about a new FC3 module, and I tell him about how much better the cockpit of the A-10C is. That's kinda off-topic of course, so I get 10%

Five days later someone posts about a new Star Citizen Ship (considered news) in the appropriate thread and I respond With something like: "Yeah, new update!" (gets me 30% because not news)

So I created two posts that are... not THAT severe IMO, and I get banned for two weeks? To me that sounds pretty harsh, at least on first glance.

Oh, and this point:
Quote:
Product feedback that is abusive, insulting or condescending
I hope that you guys aren't easily insulted or feel condescended to. Otherwise it will be really hard to judge whether to post any negative points.

Anyway, nice to see some more concrete rules, I guess that makes some things easier for all of us.
Until now I was - in most cases at least - pretty happy with how moderation in these forums worked. I hope you won't change too much.

Last edited by Aginor; 06-27-2015 at 06:44 PM.
Aginor is offline   Reply With Quote