Reputation System - Page 12 - ED Forums

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 03-11-2018, 08:28 AM   #111
BIGNEWY
Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yurgon View Post
Your argument was specifically that new users might be turned away by bad rep comments.

Does it make sense to assume that such users would know to report PMs, but would not know how to take a screenshot from their rep panel in order to report it?
It wasn't an argument, It does not have to make sense, this is how it is

New users who had been given negative rep points would often see the red boxes under their name, they often assumed they had been given warnings by the moderating team, and would make complaints via PM and the support ticket system or social media, which would take resources away from the support team helping genuine users with in game issues.

The removal of the rep system was long overdue.
Old 03-11-2018, 12:49 PM   #112
Yurgon
Campaign Testers

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGNEWY View Post
It's still too bad that the system is entirely gone. There are some beautiful screenshots and videos and quite a few helpful posts that I would have liked to +rep since the system was removed.

Why not just replace the red square icons with grey ones, or even green ones? Then people who were downrepped feel like they did something right and you'll have less support work, while the rest of us can get back to using a helpful and constructive tool.
Old 03-11-2018, 01:04 PM   #113
BIGNEWY
Community Manager

When ED have a replacement they will consider using it, for now we will do just fine without one.

Post replies, send a PM, show your appreciation this way for now.
Old 03-11-2018, 11:44 PM   #114
kylekatarn720

For what its worth, I liked the rep system. I was not a forum guy until i started dcs so i didnt actually knew how the rep system worked. When i first realized an increase on my rep points, i tried to find where they were listed. Most of them were from yurgon with short messages like "good advice, thanks" things like that and it made me feel quite happy to be honest, it encouraged me to involve myself more with the forums. Since i could see the related post to every indivudual rep, i could check what i did do good there. I got only a single negative rep with an insult attached to it and that was for disagreeing with a guy, I just put him on my ignore list and didnt think on it any further.

I cant say that that i cared about a number below someones name ( i mean i can just check his/her post history and decide for myself) but being able to comment on a post without crowding the thread with unrelated messages is really helpfull IMO.
Old 03-12-2018, 06:15 AM   #115
Weta43
ED Testers Team

Quote:
It wasn't an argument, It does not have to make sense, this is how it is
Anyone know the smiley code for a raised eyebrow ?

Quote:
New users who had been given negative rep points would often see the red boxes under their name, they often assumed they had been given warnings by the moderating team, and would make complaints via PM and the support ticket system or social media, which would take resources away from the support team helping genuine users with in game issues.

Surely simply removing the "-" button would have solved that issue.
To that extent I'd agree The removal of the negative rep system was long overdue

The baby seems to have gone out the window with the bathwater, which seems both very strange and unnecessary.

Still, if
Quote:
It does not have to make sense, this is how it is
then there's not much point in discussing it any more...
Old 03-12-2018, 06:38 AM   #116
BIGNEWY
Community Manager

Correct.

We have listened to the feedback, but at this point the reputation system will not be coming back.
If ED find an alternative they are happy with it will be considered, this is not likely to happen until we see a forum upgrade.