Basic Flight Training Qual. Campaign - Mission 3 Issues

I'm stuck on the traffic pattern practice mission. I follow all the instructions and everything is fine until the instructor asks me to leave the pattern.

He says to contact the tower and advise them of the "cancelled inbound"...except I was never inbound and never used the "inbound" call since the mission started. I only called them for an azimuth as the instructor requested.

I ignored it, and continued up to 6,000 ft, and then the instructor says rejoin the formation and call the tower for an azimuth, which I do, and I rejoin the pattern...and then nothing.

I flew the pattern 5 times before I realized the instructor wasn't going to talk to me anymore. I've restarted this mission 3 times all with the same result. After he asks to leave and rejoin the pattern, he stops talking to me.

Suggestions?

I flew this mission around one month ago. I think you need to call ATC(Batumi) for inbound at the first time entering the traffic pattern.

13700k @5.6GHz | 32GB DDR4 4000MHz CL14 | ASUS Z690 TUF  | GIGABYTE RTX4090 Gaming OC | Samsung 970PRO 512G + 980PRO 2T

GIGABYTE M32U | HP Reverb G2

Warthog HOTAS | TPR | JetSeat | TrackIR5

Windows 11

Missions not playing as expected?

For most users the missions play fine however for some the missions don't play as expected.

Missing voice overs or other actions that are expected don't occur. This is a sign something is wrong so take the steps below to try and fix it:

1. Fly the mission flight plan as briefed. If you deviate you may miss some important trigger zones which will affect mission execution.

2. Compare your experience to the Recon Stewart Videos

If you see things happening in the video that are not happening in your experience when you are doing #1 then there is some problem causing the triggers to fail.

3. Uninstall any mods and do a DCS Repair. We have seen mods impact some missions and a DCS Repair will correct any game engine files that have become corrupted or are not working properly.

4. Uninstall and reinstall the campaign or mission. This can also help repair any problems with the campaign or mission files.

5. Update your video card driver. We have seen this correct trigger problems for some users.

6. If there is still a problem open a support issue with ED. There could have been a recent game engine change that altered the trigger behavior so a mission update may be required to get the mission working properly again.

Continue to report issues on the forum if the above steps fail so other users will be aware.

F-15C-User-Bar-ACM.v2.jpg

MapleFlagMissions - Read Our Blog for Updates

I flew this mission around one month ago. I think you need to call ATC(Batumi) for inbound at the first time entering the traffic pattern.

Missions not playing as expected?

For most users the missions play fine however for some the missions don't play as expected.

Missing voice overs or other actions that are expected don't occur. This is a sign something is wrong so take the steps below to try and fix it:

1. Fly the mission flight plan as briefed. If you deviate you may miss some important trigger zones which will affect mission execution.

2. Compare your experience to the Recon Stewart Videos

If you see things happening in the video that are not happening in your experience when you are doing #1 then there is some problem causing the triggers to fail.

3. Uninstall any mods and do a DCS Repair. We have seen mods impact some missions and a DCS Repair will correct any game engine files that have become corrupted or are not working properly.

4. Uninstall and reinstall the campaign or mission. This can also help repair any problems with the campaign or mission files.

5. Update your video card driver. We have seen this correct trigger problems for some users.

6. If there is still a problem open a support issue with ED. There could have been a recent game engine change that altered the trigger behavior so a mission update may be required to get the mission working properly again.

Continue to report issues on the forum if the above steps fail so other users will be aware.

I watched the video you linked, and the problem is I'm contacting Batumi and asking for an azimuth instead of reporting inbound.

What isn't really clear is the instructor says "get an approach vector" and doesn't mention anything about calling inbound, so that's where I got confused.

Thanks for helping to clear that up guys. Maybe the mission designer can fix the wording to make it clear you have to call inbound and not azimuth otherwise you waste up to 30 minutes flying around and waiting for radio calls that never happen.

• 8 months later...

Your video looked correct (everything powered and right frequency).

Testing in 1.5.8 (including the OpenBeta) we were able to contact Batumi using the HOTAS Mic Switch Forward command of L-ALT NUMPAD + (see screenshot).

This was with just the APU started and APU Generator switch to ON (before engine start so we could request engine start). We could also request taxi and ATC responded.

Check your control mappings and see if it is replicating the L-ALT NUMPAD + key sequence properly.

attachment.php?attachmentid=174872&stc=1&d=1514146307

176430895_ContactBatumi.thumb.jpg.e14e5617da86dfb2ae56f11e11ec1510.jpg

Edited by Sabre-TLA

F-15C-User-Bar-ACM.v2.jpg

MapleFlagMissions - Read Our Blog for Updates