Can't lock target (front aspect)

Kenan

In this post from beczl he attached a word document that shows some technical data from the RP-22SM. Also indicating that it is at least to some extend stabilized against the horizon (8° climb, -25° dive, +- 70° in bank).

Wait, so this means that I can just pitch the nose down to find a target below me? Since it will stabilize up to a 25 degree dive? I'd have to exceed that to get it to find something below me?

Wait, so this means that I can just pitch the nose down to find a target below me? Since it will stabilize up to a 25 degree dive? I'd have to exceed that to get it to find something below me?

In theory yes. If you go into a 35°dive, the radar would be looking down 5-10°. I am not sure how practical that is, as you will probably run out of altitude quick. At a low starting altitude you might also get ground clutter displayed.

Check out my YouTube: xxJohnxx

Intel i7 6800k watercooled | ASUS Rampage V Edition 10 | 32 GB RAM | Asus GTX1080 watercooled

We can always ask for an option that will make the radar work like the one on the SU-27...

You are taking this discussion way out of context. Nobody here seemed to ask for that. So far this seems more like a couple people wondering how the radar is supposed to work at a low altitude and how the general radar behaviour is.

Check out my YouTube: xxJohnxx

Intel i7 6800k watercooled | ASUS Rampage V Edition 10 | 32 GB RAM | Asus GTX1080 watercooled