Suggestion Box

EvilBivol-1

Signatures and avatars have gone, cant see post history or user details either.......why has this been done, old forum was perfect

System specs: PC1 :Scan 3XS Ryzen 5900X, 64GB Corsair veng DDR4 3600, EVGA GTX 3090 Win 10, Quest Pro, Samsung Odyssey G9 Neo monitor. Tir5. PC2 ( Helo) Scan 3XS Intel 9900 K, 32 GB Ram, 2080Ti, 50 inch Phillips monitor

F/A-18C: Rhino FFB base TianHang F16 grip, Winwing MP 1, F-18 throttle, TO & Combat panels, MFG crosswind & DFB Aces  seat :cool:                       

Viper: WinWing MFSSB base with F-16 grip, Winwing F-16 throttle, plus Vipergear ICP. MFG crosswind rudders. 

Helo ( Apache) set up: Virpil collective with AH64D grip, Cyclic : Rhino FFB base & TM F18 grip, MFG crosswind rudders, Total controls AH64 MFD's,  TEDAC Unit. 

Signatures and avatars have gone, cant see post history or user details either.......why has this been done, old forum was perfect

You can turn them back on by clicking on your user profile, User Settings -> Account -> Then to the right of 'Conversation Detail Options' there are controls that allow you to turn avatars and signatures on/off.

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

This is utter garbage. Probably 'THE' worst forum design I've ever come across!! Really, what was wrong with the previous layout??

• Like 1

Ryzen 9 7950X3D - MSI MAG X670E TomaHawk MB, ASUS ROG Ryujin III 360 AIO

64gig Corsair DDR5@6000, Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 AORUS

Winwing Super Taurus, Orion2, TO / Combat panels, Collective with Topgun MIP

Winwing Skywalker pedals, NLR Boeing Mil Edition Simpit, Trackir

You can turn them back on by clicking on your user profile, User Settings -> Account -> Then to the right of 'Conversation Detail Options' there are controls that allow you to turn avatars and signatures on/off.

Yes, you can turn them back on, but the signatures do not have the sigpics anymore, only text. The new forum design is really bad :thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown:

CockpitPC1: R9 5950X|64GB DDR4|512GB M2SSD|2TB M2SSD|RTX3090|ReverbG2|Win11Pro - PC2: PhnIIX6 1100T|32GB DDR2|2x2TB HDD|2x GTX660 SLI|Win7Pro64
ComUnitPC1: R9 3900XT|32GB DDR4|2x2TB HDD|RTX2070|Win11Pro - PC2: PhnIIX6 1100T|16GB DDR2|2x2TB HDD|GTX660|Win7Pro64
ComUnitPC3: AthlnIIX2 250|2GB DDR2|2TB HDD|5950Ultra|2xVoodooII SLI|WinXPPro32&WinME - PC4: K6-2+|768MB SDR|640GB HDD|Geforce256DDR|VoodooI|Win98SE

DCS - Modules - 1.jpg

DCS - Modules - 2.jpg

On the account page the Password and Email fields are auto-filled as per browser behavior ... but it doesn't fill both email field to change the email, and then throws an error "email must match" when I'm not even trying to edit the email so it's best to disable auto-fill on these fields please.

Modules: A-10C I/II, F/A-18C, Mig-21Bis, M-2000C, AJS-37, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, P-47, FC3, SC, CA, WW2AP, CE2. Terrains: NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf, Syria

Few days trying to read forum... I have not read a single written word because the content is scattered and I don’t want to click/open each subforum individually to find something to read. Before this i simple go on ED Forum, click on "New Posts" and i get list all topics with new posts and i just follow TITLES (by topic title i decide if that is interesting to me or not), click, read, scroll, another page, etc... Done.

Now i have no clue where to go... thinking about deleting account.

• Like 1

Немој ништа силом, узми већи чекић!

MSI Tomahawk MAX | Ryzen 7 3700x | 32GB DDR4 3200MHz | RX 5700 XT OC Red Dragon 8GB | VPC Throttle CM3 + VPC Constellation ALPHA on VPC WarBRD Base | HP Reverb G2

Youtube Follow Me on TWITCH! 

Definitly a change... Didnt get used to it yet since I simply dont enjoy browsing through the sub-forums anymore. A pitty. Hope the designer is working hard to get this into a usable state soonish.

• Like 1

Intel I9 10900k @5.1GHz | MSI MEG Z490 Unify | Corsair Vengeance 64GB - 3600MHz | EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3
VPC T-50 Base /w Viper & Hornet Grip | VPC Rotor TCS Pro w/ Hawk-60 Grip | TM TPR
LG C2 42" | Reverb G2 | TIR 5 | PointCtrl | OpenKneeboard

Few days trying to read forum... I have not read a single written word because the content is scattered and I don’t want to click/open each subforum individually to find something to read. Before this i simple go on ED Forum, click on "New Posts" and i get list all topics with new posts and i just follow TITLES (by topic title i decide if that is interesting to me or not), click, read, scroll, another page, etc... Done.

Same. "Latest Activity" tab is useless. It's bizarre but the forum does not seem to have a button to simply show unread threads/posts.

• Like 2

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro

For example same forum app using this site and this have damn 'TODAY's POST in SUBnav. Cmon admins, please turn it ON and let us to read forum again.

MSI Tomahawk MAX | Ryzen 7 3700x | 32GB DDR4 3200MHz | RX 5700 XT OC Red Dragon 8GB | VPC Throttle CM3 + VPC Constellation ALPHA on VPC WarBRD Base | HP Reverb G2

Go to last post is a very very small ">>" icon

I mean, I do like things to be traditional on desktop, but on 1440p and 32" is IMO too small to pintpoint the mouse cursor, the wholesome design and proportions matter, some things should be sized over others.

Modules: A-10C I/II, F/A-18C, Mig-21Bis, M-2000C, AJS-37, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, P-47, FC3, SC, CA, WW2AP, CE2. Terrains: NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf, Syria

The old forum was indeed pretty much perfect and felt like a home after all these years.

I've barely read a post or searched for content here since the change.

Mud

Spoiler

W10-x64 | Z390 Gigabyte Aorus Ultra | Core i7 9700K @ 4.8Ghz | Noctua NH-D15

Corsair 32Gb 3200 | MSI RTX 3080ti Gaming X

Asus Xonar AE | TM Hotas Warthog

MFG Crosswind pedals | Valve Index

Seems like the old forum was fully wide on 1440p and it looked fine, I had no problems glancing eyes, it may be well down to size of elements, so across the board they would need to be upped a bit.

Not only do I dislike this new Forum layout, it just took me an HOUR just to figure out how to post (because I couldn't see whether or not I was Logged in, nor could I see HOW to Login).

The thing I dislike the most (now that I found the Login and How to Post) is the Constant Email Notifications to Groups/Topics that I have Never been Subscribed to. And the Link (in the emails) that is supposed to take you to a page to deal with Notifications and/or Subscriptions doesn't seem to do anything (but then I wasn't auto-logged in to begin with).

Ultimately, I preferred the Old Forum. At least I could navigate it.

SnowTiger:joystick:

What's very sad,and will become quite apparent very soon,is that these days,people are lazy,they can't be bothered with things that don't suit them,so many who can't be bothered to navigate this new forum,won't complain,nor make their argument with it......they will simply just disappear,which is a real pity.....so DCS.....expect a mass exodus of many of your members.

However,you hold the power to change this problem....just replace it with the old version.

Chillblast Fusion Cirrus 2 FS Pc/Intel Core i7-7700K Kaby Lake CPU/Gigabyte Nvidia GTX 1070 G1 8GB/Seagate 2TB FireCuda SSHD/16GB DDR4 2133MHz Memory/Asus STRIX Z270F Gaming Motherboard/Corsair Hydro Series H80i GT Liquid Cooler/TM Warthog with MFG 10cm Extension/WINWING Orion Rudder Pedals (With Damper Edition)/TrackiR5/Windows 11 Home

I agree with the critism about the Design. It simply doesnt work with the amount of categories and sub-forums.

The forum software itself has a lot of tools and a lot more plugins can be added. And migrating the database back into an old format could cause some issues. So I think reverting back to the old forum is not ideal.

But the design has to be changed and verified on different monitors. Simply no fun browsing this forum anymore.

Would be nice if the Design Team would raise their voice and lay out their plans.

Intel I9 10900k @5.1GHz | MSI MEG Z490 Unify | Corsair Vengeance 64GB - 3600MHz | EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3
VPC T-50 Base /w Viper & Hornet Grip | VPC Rotor TCS Pro w/ Hawk-60 Grip | TM TPR
LG C2 42" | Reverb G2 | TIR 5 | PointCtrl | OpenKneeboard

Thanks Webmasters! :drunk: New Topics in nav menu is what we need. If is posible to have New Posts (i think that will cover New Topics in same time)also so we can check old topics if there is some new reply. It will be direct HIT! :)

EDIT: Seems that New Topics covering all. Thanks again!

I think if the first design goes by the orange-brown color theme of the DCS A-10C, it would be a great start for everyone that doesn't necessairly want that look eventually, it would calm the whole community and provide a good base to build more themes up, if necessary, but I think folks would expect newer things on a newer forum.

This is very similar to the old color theme, but not quite the same, less red coloring, exactly the same is probably not necessary, we could make it better while we're at it, it's not a must if there's anything in the works already then that should be finished and we'll see from there, so it's just a suggestion if possible.

• There could be custom DCS-type icons from actual real textures from DCS being used as replacements for default forum icons.
  • The default forum thread "chatbox" icon could be replaced by the big A-10C UHF Radio OFF/MAIN/BOTH/ADF knob (without text)
  • The default forum thread buttons could be made to look like A-10C UFC or CDU buttons.
  • The avatar outter borders could be made to look like MFDs for example.
  • The number of posts and font in general could be font from A-10C's HUD for example, or the MFDs ... but that's a harder sell, we need forum readability more than style.
  • There could be a server load indicator, displayed as a modified A-10C Percent RPM analog gauge, with the text indication renamed to "% Server Load"

Explaining the layout idea in detail is actually a lot of work and time to write down or draw drafts, I'd do it already, I'm just too busy right now.

Since the Migration to the new Forum, I noticed that Only the first comments in the Downloads >> User Files show up even if there are more than 2 comments. If you create a comment it will show up but eventually get hidden again. I have provided specific examples.

This is Regarding the Main Website: https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/

Examples of User Files Mods that have more than 1 comment but no ability to navigate to them:

48 Comments - https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.c...files/3302845/

15 Comments - https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.c...files/3312466/

68 Comments - https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.c...files/3308547/

EDIT: As of Nov 4, I can now read comments in the Downloads for User Files! Thank you!

I usually like to leave a comment of support when I download a file or read the comments to see what others are saying before I download.

Edited by YSIAD_RIP
Added update to confirm comments can be read now.
  • Do not own:  | F-15E | JF-17 | Fw 190 A-8 | Bf 109 |
  • Hardware:  [ - Ryzen7-5800X - 32GB - RX 6800 - X56 HOTAS Throttle -  WINWING Orion 2 F16EX Grip - TrackIR 5 - Tobii 5C - JetPad FSE - ]