***DCS: AJS-37 Coming to DCS: World!***

Cobra847

Great looking model and textures LN! :thumbup:

However...

It's abit hard to see, but to me it looks like the flaps are completely in line with the canards which the shouldn't be. They should be angeled up 4 or 7 degrees relative to the canards, depending on the weight of the aircraft. This is to help with the pitching moment of the aircraft at high speeds.

It also looks like this beauty is missing a pair of formation lights just behind the canards.

MyFnZ7t.png

flyg20sept-07.jpg

Yes i know its a JA, but it's the same on all variants.

Viggen is love. Viggen is life.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7-10700K @ 5GHz | RTX 2070 OC | 32GB 3200MHz RAM |

Great looking model and textures LN! :thumbup:

However...

It's abit hard to see, but to me it looks like the flaps are completely in line with the canards which the shouldn't be. They should be angeled up 4 or 7 degrees relative to the canards, depending on the weight of the aircraft. This is to help with the pitching moment of the aircraft at high speeds.

It also looks like this beauty is missing a pair of formation lights just behind the canards.

MyFnZ7t.png

flyg20sept-07.jpg

Yes i know its a JA, but it's the same on all variants.

Yes, the lights behind the canards are missing on the textures currently.

The upwards deflection of the canard flaps is modeled and is stores dependent- not sure why they are in line on the image- might be a bug in the current build. :)

Also-- you'll notice that the textures are currently mirrored on both fuselage and wings, with the exception of the splinter camouflage. The right side differs substantially from the left in reality- however we leave this "de-symmetrization" step for last, to avoid doing double the work on double the textures.

Nicholas Dackard

Founder & Lead Artist

Heatblur Simulations

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

Well, even with very minor issues, this is still a breathtakingly well depicted model. I thought the detailing of the MiG-21 would take some beating - well, you have definitely excelled yourselves with this beauty. Well done Leatherneck - no wonder you guys have been very quiet!

Totally mind blowing!

Cobra847, my question on Hoggit get on the depths, but now sure if the LN team see them. I repost here.

LN Team. You talk about a JA-37 AI unit can coming with the AJS-37 some time ago, but has other Sweden, Russian, etc AI Air, Ground and Sea units planing coming with the module?

best rewards LN team :)

And I'm not driving to Linköping with a ladder, tape measure, spirit level and protractor to find out what the actual values are.

Yes you would've! We all know you wouldn't get any sleep, otherwise.

But, as luck would have it, Cobra saved you from making the trip! ;)

Now Cobra forgot to comment about the nose gear doors... :music_whistling:

I'm giving great respect for this developer. Seems like the Tiger was just completed yesterday. And now this? Mind. Blown.

Win 10, AMD FX9590/water cooled, 32GB RAM, 250GB SSD system, 1TB SSD (DCS installed), 2TB HD, Warthog HOTAS, MFG rudders, Track IR 5, LG Ultrawide, Logitech Speakers w/sub, Fans, Case, cell phone, wallet, keys.....printer

A minor correction to the OP though: The Viggen is a canard configuration not a double-delta…..:music_whistling:

while the canard classification supersedes in terms of general configuration, in the interest of splitting hairs, the viggen is technically both a canard and a double delta since the main wing has a composite sweep. if we wanted to go further though we can argue whether it's more correctly a cranked delta or just a really angular ogival delta...

lmao replying to page 4 :doh:

Edited by probad

while the canard classification supersedes in terms of general configuration, in the interest of splitting hairs, the viggen is technically both a canard and a double delta since the main wing has a composite sweep. if we wanted to go further though we can argue whether it's more correctly a cranked delta or just a really angular ogival delta...

lmao replying to page 4 :doh:

First supersonic biplane :)

@Probad: You have to type faster in this thread :D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

_____________Semper paratus, In hoc signo vinces________________

PC: Intel i7-8700K (4.9 GHz), Aorus Ultra Gaming Z370 MB, Gigabyte RTX 3080, 32 GB DDR3 (3,2 GHz), Samsung EVO 860 M.2 500 GB SSD + Samsung 960 M.2 250 GB SSD Gaming: Virpil T-50 CM2, TM WH Throttle, Crosswind pedals, HP Reverb

It's a bit hard to tell from the pictures, but the angle between the top of the stab and trailing edge of the rudder is approximately 98° in the picture and 96° in the screenshot. IMO, the measurements are inaccurate enough that a margin of error of ± a few degrees can be expected, so it's hard to tell where the error is. And I'm not driving to Linköping with a ladder, tape measure, spirit level and protractor to find out what the actual values are. Not that I really care that much (I do most of my flying from inside the cockpit), but I know that the rivet counters out there will be losing sleep over it :)

Oh no I was in Linköping 2 days ago I could have measured!

But I bet people from the LNS team have been and studied an AJS37 at some museum atleast.

Cobra have you had any help from any museum? Or what does SAAB think about you making their airplane? :D

As I believe Dassault didnt want Razbam to call the Mirage the Mirage... Maybe thats too political to ask:)

Dear Leatherneck,

your Viggen looks very impressive, totally worth to wait for it! Just one and a half years ago I didn't know anything about the Viggen, but due to the knowledge of the swedish guys in this gigantic Viggen-thread this changed (thank you, guys).

Now I just want to fly it...:pilotfly:

Thank you very much, for your efforts and all the energy you have put into it!

Cheers.

Oh no I was in Linköping 2 days ago I could have measured!

But I bet people from the LNS team have been and studied an AJS37 at some museum atleast.

Cobra have you had any help from any museum? Or what does SAAB think about you making their airplane? :D

As I believe Dassault didnt want Razbam to call the Mirage the Mirage... Maybe thats too political to ask:)

SAAB is fine with us doing the Viggen. :)

And yes, we've spent time with I believe at least 4 different airframes! Many many hours, in fact. :)

• Like 2

Nicholas Dackard

Founder & Lead Artist

Heatblur Simulations

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

(...)Or what does SAAB think about you making their airplane?

Simply put: if SAAB didn't like the idea of a DCS Viggen we wouldn't be getting one. If you want to use someone else's trade marks or designs commercially you need to license the design from the owner, or risk lawsuits for trademark infringement.

Edit: whoops. Cobra beat me to it. :)