Christmas news 2017

borchi_2b

By the way, thanks to Kiowa I had reminded myself about the good old times :)

194186156.jpg

• Like 1

F/A-18, F-16, F-14, M-2000C, A-10C, AV-8B, AJS-37 Viggen, F-5E-3, F-86F, MiG-21bis, MiG-15bis, L-39 Albatros, C-101 Aviojet, P-51D, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Bf 109 4-K, UH-1H, Mi-8, Ka-50, NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf... and not enough time to fully enjoy it all

Personal thoughts - I've never flown a Gazelle, but I have flown both the R22 and R44 IRL and the flight model seems quite similar to those. So I can say it flies like a "real" helicopter at least.

The external model, cockpit and artwork is also top notch. I've had no regrets purchasing it.

There is at least one person on the forum that was a Gazelle pilot IRL and I don't think they've complained about it.

Good to know! This is the only DCS helicopter I dont have.. Id be very tempted to buy it if it ever goes on sale. As far as flying, to me the UH-1 is the easiest to hover and fly around the pad with precision. I havent flown in 7 years but it reminds me a lot of the Schweizer 300cbi I flew in school. The Mi-8 is a lumbering beast that I havent taken the time to master and the KA-50 is an awesome attack helicopter but handles very weird to me since its rotors are coaxial and it has all of the autopilots. Its very easy to fly but it just feels so very different to what I was used to.

• 1 month later...

So I saw on the ED unofficial roadmap page, updated on the 9th of this month, that the Kiowa Warrior is due for release in DCS 2019. Does that mean it is confirmed as a DCS release, or was there a missed entry that should have been deleted? Post #4, right at the bottom of the post, last edited 1-9 by Silver Dragon.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=116893

• Like 1

Personal thoughts - I've never flown a Gazelle, but I have flown both the R22 and R44 IRL and the flight model seems quite similar to those. So I can say it flies like a "real" helicopter at least.

The external model, cockpit and artwork is also top notch. I've had no regrets purchasing it.

There is at least one person on the forum that was a Gazelle pilot IRL and I don't think they've complained about it.

Interestingly, I too have flown the R22 and the R44 IRL and I don't think the Gazelle feels anything at all like the real thing... And based on your statement that there are real Gazelle pilots on the forum and they are not complaining makes me wonder if something other than the module may be at play here..

What controls are you using and how do you have your curves set? I am asking because this forum is generally consistent with opinions (GENERALLY) and yet this module is wildly polarizing with folks saying it is awesome and don't change a thing and others saying it is wooden and runs on rails etc...

I recently went back and tried the Gazelle again after the last update and agree it is better... But still not as realistic as say the Huey... (Huey FM is absolutely SPOT ON..)

So again maybe controls are making a difference?

"Pride is a poor substitute for intelligence."

RAMBO

Controls can make a huge difference. I had a fairly cheap thrustmaster Hotas and with it I felt like the Gazelle handled very similar to how a IRL Astar handled (I don't have any actual Gazelle time) and I felt the Huey module felt pretty good but not "spot on" to real thing. Now I've switched to a Warthog and none of the helicopters "feel right" to me any more... Guess I need to save up for a cyclic collective setup. Anyway I'm a fan of the Gaz and in my opinion there isn't a bad helicopter module for DCS.

Hi,

i agree with you outlawal, Gazelle is not close to R22 R44 or event Bell 206 I have flown irl, but I’m not surprise Real Gazelle pilot found its FM close to real one with SAS and performance of the « fenestron ».

Huey FM is a lot closer to helicopter we use to flight with.

Even if it is a different flying experience, I enjoy very much the Gazelle and in particular all multicrew flights ;)

Intel i9 9900K + 32GB DDR4 + RTX 2080ti

Reverb2 & Rift S + Warthog + Saitek Pro pedal

Comparing the Gazelle to the deathtraps that are the r22 and r44 (i also have 60 flught hours irl on them) is a little bit irrelevant in my opinion.

How is it irrelevant? They are the only airframes we personally have any real life experience with so I think it is quite relevant.. (For the record, the Huey feels a lot like the aforementioned Robinsons as far as the overall FEEL, and the Gazelle does not.) Hence the statements that we have made..

As for them being "deathtraps" I think that statement could be made for ALL helicopters and I feel that saying that is far less relevant than the comparison between the airframes is..

"Pride is a poor substitute for intelligence."

RAMBO

How is it irrelevant? They are the only airframes we personally have any real life experience with so I think it is quite relevant.. (For the record, the Huey feels a lot like the aforementioned Robinsons as far as the overall FEEL, and the Gazelle does not.) Hence the statements that we have made..

As for them being "deathtraps" I think that statement could be made for ALL helicopters and I feel that saying that is far less relevant than the comparison between the airframes is..

While some helicopter experience is better than none it is not fair to say because the sim Gazelle does not behave like an IRL Robinson it is not realistic(or vice versa). Different helicopters can have some uniquely different characteristics. An R44, Huey, MD500, and Astar all feel very different. And he's calling them death traps because they've developed a bad reputation in the industry. They are less forgiving of mistakes and are generally flown by less experienced pilots. That being said they are as safe as any aircraft if you respect their limitations.

• 2 months later...

As far as I know, the OH-58 was under construction by antoher third party and won't be published by PolyChop. Again, this info comes from Facebook messages and other threads from ED.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Commodore 64 | MOS6510 | VIC-II | SID6581 | DD 1541 | KCS Power Cartridge | 64Kb | 32Kb external | Arcade Turbo

As far as I know, the OH-58 was under construction by antoher third party and won't be published by PolyChop. Again, this info comes from Facebook messages and other threads from ED.

We will not make any statements about negotiations or will or who will not publish a Kiowa Warrior in DCS. So from my perspectiv, speculations or assumptions that have no proven fact as background does not help anybody, causeit might cause rumours that does hurt a project or the community of our beloved niche of flightsim. Yes we currently have no license for DCS, which does not imply if we have licenses from the aircraft manufacturer or for other softwares on the market, which we will not state at the moment.

After the last rumble when we released news that showed 3d work only, we decided to cut our news or communications to the minimal for some time.

If there are news in regards to the Kiowa Warrior and DCS that we and ED have the feeling to be announced the community will hear them, I am sure.

• 8 months later...

I think the Kiowa would be a great fit in DCS because of the possibilities it brings to multiplayer...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

ASUS Z390-P, i7-9700K CPU @ 5.0Ghz, 32GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce 1070 Ti AMP Extreme, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drives (1Tb & 500 Gb), Windows 10 Professional, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Warthog Stick, Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle, Cougar MFDs x3, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5.

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.90GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 970.

• 3 months later...