[CANNOT REPRODUCE] TGT waypoint cannot be moved using HUD. - ED Forums

Notices

Old 12-01-2019, 01:06 PM   #1
Martin2487

Default [CANNOT REPRODUCE] TGT waypoint cannot be moved using HUD.

The target waypoint cannot be moved by TDC if the HUD is selected by sensor select. It worked in previous versions but it doesn't work now. I made a short track where the error is displayed.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Zkz...ew?usp=sharing
Martin2487 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2019, 11:20 PM   #2
NineLine
Community Manager

Taking control of your track at the point of setting the HUD to sensor select, I can move the TGT point with no issue.
ED Facebook PageED YouTube PageWags YouTubeMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine #0440
**How to Report a Bug**
NineLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2019, 12:55 AM   #3
Jak525

Pretty sure this is WIP implementation anyway. Moving the TGT directly on the HUD is a function of the AG radar.
Jak525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2019, 11:06 AM   #4
Martin2487

This is very strange. I've heard about this problem from multiple users who don't work either. Nineline is it possible that you have some internal version of the game where it already works? I suggest leaving the thread open. After the update I would try again.
Old 12-03-2019, 12:28 PM   #5
BIGNEWY
ED Community Manager

Are you using TDC Depress before trying to move the target point in the HUD?

So make HUD SOI then use TDC Depress and then move the point
Old 12-03-2019, 02:06 PM   #6
Martin2487

After I once TDC depress can TGT waypoint to move. Maybe it will be my bug / user bug. Of course I looked in the manual before reporting. On page 145 it is written

Quote:
This symbol shows the line of sight to the designated target. The symbol is 9 mils long on each side and has a pipper in the center when the TDC is assigned to the HUD. Using the TDC, the TD can be moved within the HUD field of view (useful when refining a target designation). If the TD is outside the HUD field of view, it is clamped to the nearest side and flashes. The TD is removed from the HUD when the target command steering is greater than 90 degrees.
I understand it may be logical to press TDC. Originally, I also wondered if it was necessary to hold the TDC when moving the TGT waypoint. But I have this feature turned off in the settings so I thought it wouldn't affect it. Thanks to BIGNEWY for your reply, but please check t this function or adjust the aircraft manual.

Thanks for your work guys.
Old 12-05-2019, 01:55 AM   #7
NineLine
Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin2487 View Post
This is very strange. I've heard about this problem from multiple users who don't work either. Nineline is it possible that you have some internal version of the game where it already works? I suggest leaving the thread open. After the update I would try again.
No, when you guys are having issues I always try testing on the same version as you guys. Make sure it's not conflicting control options, at times I have issues with the TDC and have to reset to stock control profiles, doesn't happen often, but occasionally.
ED Facebook PageED YouTube PageWags YouTubeMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine #0440
**How to Report a Bug**
NineLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2019, 05:21 PM   #8
daarseth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin2487 View Post
I understand it may be logical to press TDC. Originally, I also wondered if it was necessary to hold the TDC when moving the TGT waypoint. But I have this feature turned off in the settings so I thought it wouldn't affect it.
I have realistic TDC slew enabled, so it is required to hold TDC desired when performing this action for me. If you have disabled, and it still requires you to hold depress to slew - it sure sounds like a bug to me....

Cheers,

Don (callsign Ziptie)

Airframes: A10C, F/A-18C, F-14B, FC3, Combined Arms. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR
daarseth is offline   Reply With Quote