OH-58D In flight testing now Twitch

=Panther=

Is this a bad attempt at a joke about the UFO like FM? IF so, well done, if not I'm just confused.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Is this a bad attempt at a joke about the UFO like FM? IF so, well done, if not I'm just confused.
Real world heli pilot was flying it, and he said it was good, specially compared to he Huey, and he also explained what's wrong with the Huey FM.

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

Real world heli pilot was flying it, and he said it was good, specially compared to he Huey, and he also explained what's wrong with the Huey FM.

Ok, cuz what I saw on the link was some dude playing Elite Dangerous. And while "funny" given the previous UFO FM comments I was hoping it was something more.

ETA, I see where you can find the DCS video now, you just have to pay for it...

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Ok, cuz what I saw on the link was some dude playing Elite Dangerous. And while "funny" given the previous UFO FM comments I was hoping it was something more.

ETA, I see where you can find the DCS video now, you just have to pay for it...

Ah, okay. Get it!

Oh, so one has to pay for it now, but it was free when live?

I watched it for bloody 6 hours!

I'm confused, when he was live I was just able to drop in a watch him flying. And what I saw looked very good.

Didn't know you could charge people to view videos on twitch unless you mean having to sub to the person?

There was sort of like two links, one were you just got right in. And one were they asked for money, and when I clicked it out also had a subscription for life for all channels for 20 dollars or something.

It's for support for content creators I believe.

It could just be me, I don't really do twitch, can I watch it if I subscribe to the dude or whatever?

It could just be me, I don't really do twitch, can I watch it if I subscribe to the dude or whatever?
Yeah, well, if I clicked the subscribe option, they asked for money. If I clicked follow/ icon I got directly in.

The pavehawker is not a pilot, if you referred to him...

I was too late to see the flying part of the stream. Only saw it while the 58 was idling on the ground. I hope to see more soon. The Kiowa is an interesting choppa.

What is wrong with the Huey's FM according to him?

Fox

Spoiler

PC Specs: Ryzen 9 5900X, 3080ti, 64GB RAM, Oculus Quest 3

I was too late to see the flying part of the stream. Only saw it while the 58 was idling on the ground. I hope to see more soon. The Kiowa is an interesting choppa.

Fox

Okay. Misunderstood what they said then.

My bad.

Fox

He said something about rudders ascending/descending opposite of what it should be. But scratch that then.

He said something about rudders ascending/descending opposite of what it should be. But scratch that then.

It's not mandatory to be a pilot to assess a flight-model, if you know what you're talking about.

So he could be right. I'll check that. It's a long time ago since I flew the Huey.

Fox

Spoiler

PC Specs: Ryzen 9 5900X, 3080ti, 64GB RAM, Oculus Quest 3

Fox

His little twitch profile says he flew pavehawks in the airforce. Whether thats true or not?

It's not mandatory to be a pilot to assess a flight-model, if you know what you're talking about.

So he could be right. I'll check that. It's a long time ago since I flew the Huey.

Fox

Honestly IMO the only review thats worth a damn is from someone who a) has flown the real thing, and b) has a ton of time in DCS as well.

The main reason why is perspective. DCS has a ton of limitations of how it deals with control inputs and so forth, plus what sort of "feel" you can get it from it compared to real aircraft. I often think real pilots are quite over complimentary to DCS, especially if they only have a little bit of time in it and don't see all the issues too because they are like, hey this is pretty cool and only scratch the surface versus the serious players here.

Honestly IMO the only review thats worth a damn is from someone who a) has flown the real thing, and b) has a ton of time in DCS as well.

The main reason why is perspective. DCS has a ton of limitations of how it deals with control inputs and so forth, plus what sort of "feel" you can get it from it compared to real aircraft. I often think real pilots are quite over complimentary to DCS, especially if they only have a little bit of time in it and don't see all the issues too because they are like, hey this is pretty cool and only scratch the surface versus the serious players here.

You could be right about that.

One thing this Sven dude stressed, was that he only had used real life Kiowas for making this module.

And as a side note they are making one of the pilot models female!

That I completely agree.

One needs to understand the DCS and how to configure it and what it tries to be.

As anyone who has been flying with multiple different HOTAS systems, especially stick with extension or without, knows that the flight experience is totally different across those all. Throw a VR vs Display and again completely different experience. So based on what is then the opinions of real pilots made?

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

Not gonna pay $5 to watch it, sorry.

My apology, didn't know there was a pay to view scheme on the VOD. When I posted the link, he was live and you don't need to pay to view live content.

Twitch Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster

Z390 Aorus Xtreme, i9 9900k, G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB, 1080ti 11GB, Obutto R3Volution, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, TPR, Cougar MFDs, FSSB R3L, JetSeat, Oculus Rift S, Buddy-Fox A-10C UFC, F/A-18C UFC, Tek Creations F-16 ICP