CH Combatstick Roll axis going crazy

XAiracobraX

I have a CH combatstick, 1-2 years old. It has developed a weird jitter in the roll axis, it wiggles left and right but overall keeps moving left. Looking at axis tune in DCS it moves a good 1/4 inch on screen (~6-7 mm). Calibrating in windows doesn't help. It's been really frustrating. Today I figured out that fully rotating the roll trim wheel on the base to left and right limits several times cleaned it up and is stable so far.

Is this normal that I need to move trim wheels periodically? Or is this a sign of things deteriorating?

Intel i7-10700k, 32GB DDR4, GTX 1080 8GB, 1TB NVMe SSD, LG32GK850G 2560x1440 Monitor, Noctua u12a cooler

I take back what I said, moving the trim dial doesn't really fix it. After playing more it always starts drifting again. Especially when trim wheel is centered. I ordered it in 2017, is it worth trying to see if CH products can fix it?

Intel i7-10700k, 32GB DDR4, GTX 1080 8GB, 1TB NVMe SSD, LG32GK850G 2560x1440 Monitor, Noctua u12a cooler

Prolly a little contact cleaner spray in the pots will cure .

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

I don't think it is the potentiometer because if I move the trim dial to one of the sides where it has resistance the jitter is gone. I think its more that the trim dial is too loose. When centered both trim dials have play, the pitch dial has a little play, the roll dial has much more. On outside, I put a piece of masking tape over the roll dial and the base to try to keep the wheel from moving. In the controller settings the jitter is gone, and when I move the stick around it seems stable.

I plan on flying around tonight to see if this fixed it. Never know till you really use it.

Edited by XAiracobraX

After opening it, it seems really easy to just replace the potentiometer. I received a link from CH products to the replacement pot available from DigiKey. It cost me less to buy and ship the two pot than for a can of contact cleaner. I bought a couple of those and will swap our the roll when they arrive. I may still get some contact cleaner, seems useful.

Thanks guys