Just keeps exploding... Mission 1

So... not sure if it's ultra sensitive triggers, 2.5.6 issues, or what... but after 2 hours of flying and three different attempts, my Huey just explodes. Once over open water and twice approaching the first bridge. I'm thinking triggers are broken because the Carl Vinson tells at me about altitude before I blow up. But... even after I leave their "playground" they still yell at me and "boom". Thoughts?

Looks like its gonna be a lot of fun, but if I cant finish a mission because I go off altitude by 75ish feet, that's not so cool...

Unfortunately, due to 2.56 manny, manny triggers not broken but actually not working anymore.

Also, explosions without any reason seem to be a common feature in 2.56

Ther is no way to fly any mission triggers involved in 2.56 right now, so I like to advise to use the stable version or setting the Beta back to 2.55.:cry:

Always happy landings ;)

• 1 month later...
Today’s update made it possible to fly it.

In 2.56?

The Huey Problem is fixed, but 10 minutes later it brigs a new bug with it.

Glad to hear that it works out for you, but we are still working on the 2.56 issues.

Any feedback is highly appreciated. :thumbup::thumbup:

Always happy landings ;)

In 2.56?

The Huey Problem is fixed, but 10 minutes later it brigs a new bug with it.

Glad to hear that it works out for you, but we are still working on the 2.56 issues.

Any feedback is highly appreciated. :thumbup::thumbup:

Hi CHPL,

Yep, 2.5.6. To be precise DCS 2.5.6.45915 Open Beta 2020-03-31. Wolf 1 landed twice with me (first attempt had to abort due to RL) and on the second it was alright also.

Today I intend to fly mission two, but first I have to study the issues with the cargo loading.

I will keep you posted about it.

Take care,

Sydy

Hi CHPL,

Yep, 2.5.6. To be precise DCS 2.5.6.45915 Open Beta 2020-03-31. Wolf 1 landed twice with me (first attempt had to abort due to RL) and on the second it was alright also.

Today I intend to fly mission two, but first I have to study the issues with the cargo loading.

I will keep you posted about it.

Take care,

Sydy

After landing at Tango Bravo a HUMWWE is coming on the grass field isn't it?

Always happy landings ;)

After landing at Tango Bravo a HUMWWE is coming on the grass field isn't it?

CHPL,

I flew it today. After I landed at Tango Bravo, as requested, Wolf 1 never took off and I had to use F10 menu to advance to Mission 3.

Flew task 1 and 2 flawlessly.

On task 3, at the power plant I broke one truck cargo and used the work around you recommended. It worked fine.

All the best,

Sydy

This happened to me too! Not now, with 2.5.6, but last year when i tried this campaign first. I tried it 3-4 times, flew the same route again and again, but at some point I just exploded for no reason.

I got so angry I gave up then, and decided to retry it later (thinking this is bug to be fixed)

Today I tried it again and guess what, I exploded.

BTW I use 2.5.5, so not the 2.5.6 causes the problem.

Could someone just explain what trigger is activated?

I also think it is connected to the altitude given by CV, I also get the same warnings even when I'm behind the mountains, on a different radio freq, following Wolf 1 to higher altitudes.

This happened to me too! Not now, with 2.5.6, but last year when i tried this campaign first. I tried it 3-4 times, flew the same route again and again, but at some point I just exploded for no reason.

I got so angry I gave up then, and decided to retry it later (thinking this is bug to be fixed)

Today I tried it again and guess what, I exploded.

BTW I use 2.5.5, so not the 2.5.6 causes the problem.

Could someone just explain what trigger is activated?

I also think it is connected to the altitude given by CV, I also get the same warnings even when I'm behind the mountains, on a different radio freq, following Wolf 1 to higher altitudes.

I need more specific description of the occurrence, if possible.

But from our few in mission 1 there are 2 possibilities for such an explosion, and it's NOT A BUG :smilewink:

1. When at the power station.

The blast of the explosions at the station will take you out of the sky if you to close :cry:

2. Following the cars to the checkpoint.

same reason. Both cars explode because of their dangerous cargo. If you too close or right over one of them, again the explosions will take you out of the sky. :smilewink:

What is the actual bug status of the campaign?

If you fly in the stable 2.55 there are no bugs for sure.

There are only sometimes some issues with the AI in mission 2.

During the cargo transport mission at the station for example:

If you need much time for the task ( i guess 15 to 20 minutes) the AI WOLF 1 slide into the river and explodes. You may prevent that from happening when canceling the transport mission in time. Please refer to the mission documentation.

At Tango Bravo Checkpoint, for some reason, the AI refuses to land ( make sure you keep sufficient distance during the approach.

We already prevent Wolf 1 from sliding into the water by adapting the mission. We also moved the landing zone at Tango Bravo to reduce the possibility of AI resistance.

As you can see in our updated video below we also made many other improvements to mission 2, especially more voice-overs and so on.

THE ACTUAL PROBLEM WITH THE SERVICE UPDATE.

The missions 1,2, and 3 right now only updated for the Beta 2,56 and some issues in 2.56 just break missions 1 and 2 right away. They work perfectly in 2.55 but you need 2.56 to download the missions. :cry:

So if you have a Beta installation as well. It might be possible to download the Mission update in 2,56 beta coping the mission files for missions 1,2 and 3 and use the improvements and better immersion for 2.55.

Of cause, this is unsatisfying and frustrating for all of us. :(

BUT THE GOOD NEWS IS: ED confirmed yesterday that the issues are bugs related to ground unit behavior in 2.56, and will take care of it soon.

We also have a meeting on Friday wit ED staff and we will try to get a campaign only update for the Stable 2.55. If it works out? I don't know.

ATTENTION: There is still the possibility that ED is moving the Stable to 2.56 before the bugs are fixed. So please update only after reinsuring you abut the situation here in the Low-LevelHeaven Tread.

Many thanks for your patience :thumbup: :thumbup:

we also made many other improvements

Edited by CHPL

Always happy landings ;)

You do not suppose to follow WOLF 1 away from the station and even changing radio frequencies have no effect on the mission at that stage.

If you in doubt? Please refer to the following video.

If you use DISCORD you may reach us more likely on the Helicopter Pilot Meeting Point on DISCORD

https://discord.gg/CXCA7rf

You get all the assistance we can provide to make the campaign a challenging but first of all satisfying experience. :pilotfly:

Always happy landings ;)

CHPL,

Great news! I will fly mission 3 today (on 2.5.6). I let you know.

I really like you mission styles and enviroment.

Tks,

Sydy

Avoid catching groundfire.

Your pilot is some kind of bulletproof, but the damage model will state "Pilot dead" anyway and abord the mission if you get to many howls in your Huey :thumbup::pilotfly:

Always happy landings ;)

Avoid catching groundfire.

Your pilot is some kind of bulletproof, but the damage model will state "Pilot dead" anyway and abord the mission if you get to many howls in your Huey :thumbup::pilotfly:

Hi CHPL,

I just flew it. It happened to me for sure.

Right after taking off from the bridge, I saw the message “Your Pilot is Dead” and “Mission Ended???”

And looks like your deactivation was perfect.

I managed to finish the mission with 75 points. Fair Enough.

All the best,

Sydy

Ok, I removed and reinstalled the campaign just to be sure it's not an old version or something.

The same happened again...

I need more specific description of the occurrence, if possible.

But from our few in mission 1 there are 2 possibilities for such an explosion, and it's NOT A BUG smilewink.gif

1. When at the power station.

The blast of the explosions at the station will take you out of the sky if you to close cry.gif

2. Following the cars to the checkpoint.

same reason. Both cars explode because of their dangerous cargo. If you too close or right over one of them, again the explosions will take you out of the sky.

None of these, I didn't even get to the power station when I exploded.

This time it happened when we got close to the first bridge. Before we get there, at a turn Wolf 1 climbs a bit higher (50 feet maybe), I followed him, and the same as before: Carl Vinson: "...descend to assigned altitude..." and I exploded...

Before this, the last time I tried, I got to the power station, Wolf 1 said he will land or something, I gained some altitude, Carl Vinson: "...descend to assigned altitude..." and I exploded...

And every time before these two: CV warned me to desced, and I blow up...

If you fly in the stable 2.55 there are no bugs for sure.

I guess it's intentional then. Could you please tell me what I do wrong?

I see that many others could go past this mission, but not knowing what goes wrong it is pretty hard... And to be honest doing the hover check and following Wolf 1 over the sea for the 7th time is geting borring too...

Ok, I removed and reinstalled the campaign just to be sure it's not an old version or something.

The same happened again...

None of these, I didn't even get to the power station when I exploded.

This time it happened when we got close to the first bridge. Before we get there, at a turn Wolf 1 climbs a bit higher (50 feet maybe), I followed him, and the same as before: Carl Vinson: "...descend to assigned altitude..." and I exploded...

Before this, the last time I tried, I got to the power station, Wolf 1 said he will land or something, I gained some altitude, Carl Vinson: "...descend to assigned altitude..." and I exploded...

And every time before these two: CV warned me to desced, and I blow up...

I guess it's intentional then. Could you please tell me what I do wrong?

I see that many others could go past this mission, but not knowing what goes wrong it is pretty hard... And to be honest doing the hover check and following Wolf 1 over the sea for the 7th time is geting borring too...

Many thanks for the description.

I'm out of the office over the weekend so I can't check it but according to the timeframe, I would suggest it is related to the formation requirement.

On the way to and from the Air Carrier, you are required to stay in close formation and at the same altitude as WOLF 1. If you do not you get first some advice but later on, the mission will fail by technical problems with your aircraft.

This requirement ends shortly bevor the first bridge.

You can avoid that requirement by:

Never getting even close to WOLF 1. Stay well behind him and the triggers checking distance and altitude don't get activated in the first place.

I am a little bit confused, about the explosion, we choose the main gearbox failure in the Missio Editor as a logical event for mission abortion. :noexpression:

Always happy landings ;)