Canopy and radome color special option

ebabil

Canopy and radome colors are not for everyone's liking. And i guess there are other color variations of these parts for viper. So, it would be good if we had normal colorless glass looking canopy and non greenish radome options in special tab

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

Yes, one normal glass canopy and another tinted gold ( not yellow as actually reproduced ).

cpu:I7-6700k Z170 16GB Ram DDR4 Gtx 1080 8Gb DDR5 11GBs SSD 500 Gb 2 HDD 1Tb Evga supernova G2 850w Case Bequiet series 800 Silent base Win 10 pro 64 bit

My wishlist: F-35/B-17G/F4U Corsair/Yak-3/P-40B Tomahawk

i am not a painter but as far as i know, canopy is not part of the paint kit right? you need to mod the plane and that may result IC fail

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

• 2 weeks later...

Just a little FYI. The radomes are not painted. It is the actual color of the abrasion coating. In the early days the radomes were black but was quickly changed for reasons unknown to me. The different shades of grey/green you see is just the aging of the coating due to environmental conditions. The newer radomes are of lighter shade of grey which I prefer a bit more. The radomes you may see painted on "Display" aircraft are only for display reasons and the radar cannot be used. Usually at the end of the display season, if the aircraft is needed for standard operation, they radome will be swapped out for a unaltered one.

System Specs: Virpil WarBRD Base, Virpil Mongoose T-50CM stick w/Virpil desk mount, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS w/Virpil desk mount, MFG Crosswind RP, TrackIR 5, Stream Deck 32, Windows 11 Home 64-bit, AMD Ryzen 7 3700X, 32GB DDR4 3600, Asus X570 TUF Gaming Pro WiFi MoBo, XFX RX 6800 XT Merc 319, 2x Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD, 1TB Toshiba HDD 7200rpm, 2TB WD Blue HDD 5400rpm, 1TB WD Black 750 NVMe M.2 SSD, No Optical drive, Onboard Audio + Avid Eleven Rack Audio Interface.

Just a little FYI. The radomes are not painted. It is the actual color of the abrasion coating....The different shades of grey/green you see is just the aging of the coating due to environmental conditions.

This.

I always love this pic when talking about radome wear variation:

file.php?id=4839&t=1

Almost any and every colour variation of radome we're likely to see on a skin, first or third party, will probably be "correct". That being said, more options by default are never a bad thing.

Win10 Pro | i7-9700K @5.0GHz | 2080 Super @2160MHz | 32GB DDR4 3600 | DCS on 1TB M.2 NVME | TM Warthog | MFG Crosswinds V2 | HP Reverb | Huion 640P | Jetpad FSE | PointCTRL

Great pic.

System Specs: Virpil WarBRD Base, Virpil Mongoose T-50CM stick w/Virpil desk mount, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS w/Virpil desk mount, MFG Crosswind RP, TrackIR 5, Stream Deck 32, Windows 11 Home 64-bit, AMD Ryzen 7 3700X, 32GB DDR4 3600, Asus X570 TUF Gaming Pro WiFi MoBo, XFX RX 6800 XT Merc 319, 2x Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD, 1TB Toshiba HDD 7200rpm, 2TB WD Blue HDD 5400rpm, 1TB WD Black 750 NVMe M.2 SSD, No Optical drive, Onboard Audio + Avid Eleven Rack Audio Interface.

Just a little FYI. The radomes are not painted. It is the actual color of the abrasion coating. In the early days the radomes were black but was quickly changed for reasons unknown to me. The different shades of grey/green you see is just the aging of the coating due to environmental conditions. The newer radomes are of lighter shade of grey which I prefer a bit more. The radomes you may see painted on "Display" aircraft are only for display reasons and the radar cannot be used. Usually at the end of the display season, if the aircraft is needed for standard operation, they radome will be swapped out for a unaltered one.

I believe the black radomes were swapped out because they were deemed to be to highly visible in short ranged air-to-air combat.

Check my F-15C guide