Night Capability for the Black Shark 3

Murey2

Night Capability for the Black Shark 3  

90 members have voted

1. 1. Night Capability for the Black Shark 3

Hello,

So, the Shkval on the Ka-50 has Optics Adjustment knob! which might be the answer for night capability, so what if when it's put on night mode (moon symbol) we start to see way better in the dark because maybe the Shkval by default has day time/sun filter...! (I really have this on my top wanted list for the BS3!) See below:

Shkval-control-panel.png

I was thinking if BS3 is not going to be the Ka-50N Night Hunter! The Su25T might be the answer! So, the Su-25T prototype had the ability to carry Mercury LLTV to be able to see in night time... (not to mention that there was plans to upgrade the Shkval and Mercury LLTV to merge it into one builtin unit for the Ka-50, but due to cost and funding it was cancelled)

NOW! What if this is realistic solution for the Ka-50 that also has the same Shkval as on the Su-25T with some simple wiring I think it should be able to carry/benefit from the Mercury LLTV pod and the night capability is born...!

The weight (230kg) and volume (about same as Vikhrs battery) should be no issue to put the LLTV pod on one of the wing pylons. Also flight characteristics shouldn't be affected due to the nature of slow speed of the Helicopter...

Mercury-LLTV-Pod.jpg

ED I hope you to consider this.

What do you think guys?

Edited by Murey2
  • Like 1

The knob selects different filters. It's not a magical night vision device.

We could assume there is wiring to support the mercury pod, but then we might as well add all kinds of ridiculous loadouts to other aircraft as well.

How about urging ED to fix the damn illumination rockets so their light shows up on the Shkval?

The knob selects different filters. It's not a magical night vision device.

We could assume there is wiring to support the mercury pod, but then we might as well add all kinds of ridiculous loadouts to other aircraft as well.

How about urging ED to fix the damn illumination rockets so their light shows up on the Shkval?

alsa I´d rather say: "ED giveSHKVAL FIlters "

• Like 1

Or, we could do like others have suggested, and just make the Ka-50 at least near what the Final Product should have been. All we have to do is look at the Ka-52. It's basically the Final Ka-50 Production product, but with two seats and radar.

Gen 3/4 FLIR in the Ka-50 is a no brainer. Already built as the Ka-50N.

Edited by 3WA
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
Or, as others have suggested, we could give to the Ka-50 features that the Ka-50 had, and leave the features of the Ka-27, Ka-28, Ka-29 & Ka-52 for modules of the Ka-27, Ka-28, Ka-29 & Ka-52

Nice, where is the Ka-52 and Ka-29 Please?!

Edited by Murey2

• 3 months later...
Or, we could do like others have suggested, and just make the Ka-52 at least near what the Final Product should have been. All we have to do is look at the Ka-52. It's basically the Final Ka-50 Production product, but with two seats and radar.

Gen 3/4 FLIR in the Ka-50 is a no brainer. Already built as the Ka-50N.

+1

Not need on that. ED have the illumination rockets broken for years, lightning less than street lights.

Last I checked even if illumination rockets lighted the terrain out the window this lighting was rendered through Shkval at all so it remained pitch black.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

If anyone has played “UBoat” on Steam, the periscope has filters that do improve low light visibility. Not sure if this is historically accurate. Anyway, this would be a great feature for the Blackshark. ED please consider adding it at some point.