Upgrade the A10c?

Neil Gardner

An updated cockpit would be nice, but I rarher see ED update the flight model as it is lacking in certain areas (mainly thrust and AoA behaviour).

Yep I'll never get the chance to fly a real A-10 but it does seems under-powered and too much like on rails, i.e. no inertia on turns.

Position Change for the Cockpit has been changed to the correct position internally IIRC, NineLine pointed that out in the VR Section.

Ah splendid! That single issue was what kept me from flying the A-10C.

I loved the A-10 campaigns in Lock On :joystick:

Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 990Pro 2TB + 960Pro 1TB NMVe | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | VIRPIL MT-50CM2+3 base / CM2 x2 grip with 200 mm S-curve extension + CM3 throttle + CP2/3 + FSSB R3L + VPC Rotor TCS Plus base with SharKa-50 grip mounted on Monstertech MFC-1 | TPR rudder pedals

OpenXR | PD 1.0 | 100% render resolution | DCS "HIGH" preset

• 10 months later...
An updated cockpit would be nice, but I rarher see ED update the flight model as it is lacking in certain areas (mainly thrust and AoA behaviour).

+1.

DCS A-10C needs some realistic tweaks. May be they are not difficult to implement (thrust and AoA behaviour, agility). :smilewink:

DCS Wishlist:

• DCS: A-10C 2: new suite, flight and system improvements. fix no real things. To include new features. Some real love.

• 3 weeks later...

"The DCS simulation of the A10C is undoubtably one of the finest achievements in desktop military flight simulation. I hope it stays up there as the scope of what can be done in a PC simulator increases." Could not have said it better...... while saving up for decent "real" stick, using my Extreme 3D Logitech that was beaten horribly in aircraft in BF4, AND that I'm still quite green with this plane, once the axis tuning becomes manageable, it's an incredibly better experience flying.

The DCS simulation of the A10C is undoubtably one of the finest achievements in desktop military flight simulation. I hope it stays up there as the scope of what can be done in a PC simulator increases. Will there be, for example, any restructuring as a result of what has been learnt from the development of the Hornet? I’m just hoping that as time goes on the A10c continues to benefit from the fruits of expanding simulation technologies.

Thanks

Neil.

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Mainboard: ASUS Maximus X Hero Intel Z 370

CPU: Intel Core i7-8086K @ 4.0 GHz

Memory: 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR4-3000

Graphics Card: ASUS NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 10GB

Monitor ASUS PA 329 32" @ 4K

1 SSD Samsung 860 PRO 256 GB

1 SSD Samsung 860 PRO 4 TB

Windows 10 - 64 V. 2004

CH Pro combatstick, throttle and pedals

TBH, texture wise I am still pretty happy with Ricardo's mod. I don't really mind about PBR or the exterior model. In a flight simulator the part I care less about is graphics. Visually the only thing I would be happy seing fixed is basic stuff, like the incorrect head position and the exterior lighting incorrectly affecting the interior of the cockpit.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]