DCS : F4U-1 Corsair

Hueyman

I love this plane but one thing worries me. DCS: Europe 1944 isn't even half finished yet. No map, no ground units (or at least not enough), no bombers, no transports, etc, etc. With that in mind it seems weird to introduce another scenario before the other one is ready. I know this isn't because of LNS but it would be cool if there was some sort of common direction. I really don't think DCS will benefit from another map waiting game...

Still, I will buy the F4U and I will love flying it! :pilotfly:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My computer specs below:

CPU: Intel Core i5 3570K@4.2GHz | CPU Cooler: Corsair Hydro H100 | GPU: MSI Nvidia GTX 680 2GB Lightning 2GB VRAM @1.3GHz | RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance LP DDR3 1600 | SSD 1: Corsair Force 3 120GB (SATA 6) | SSD 2: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB (SATA 6) | Hybrid disc: Seagate Momentus Hybrid 500/4GB (SATA 3) | Keyboard: QPAD MK-85 | Mouse: QPAD 5K LE | TrackIR 5 + Track Clip Pro | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind | OS: Win7/64

I understand fears regarding WW II : Europe 44 isn't being complete before enterprising in to PTO.

However, there's a bright flipside too. European theater means big and detailed landscapes, numerous and important ground assets etc. For PTO though, filling it up can be easier, at least theater wise :

- You can get away with simpler maps : relatively small islands and lots of sea

- Less diverse types of combat vehicles, so ground assets can probably be an easier effort to pull off.

So maps would probably take considerably shorter to develop than other theaters.

VEAO will be doing a Wildcat, and while I am not sure if F version is relevant to PTO or not but, they are doing a P-40 too. P-47 and P-51 also saw some service in Pacific. Add in a few IJN and IJA birds and we can have a pretty decently materialized PTO in a couple of years.

Of course there would be the matter of ships, many ships... and then naval ops, and AI aircraft, quite a few AI aircraft.

Wishlist: F-4E Block 53 +, MiG-27K, Su-17M3 or M4, AH-1F or W circa 80s or early 90s, J35 Draken, Kfir C7, Mirage III/V

DCS-Dismounts Script

• ED Team
I love this plane but one thing worries me. DCS: Europe 1944 isn't even half finished yet. No map, no ground units (or at least not enough), no bombers, no transports, etc, etc. With that in mind it seems weird to introduce another scenario before the other one is ready. I know this isn't because of LNS but it would be cool if there was some sort of common direction. I really don't think DCS will benefit from another map waiting game...

Still, I will buy the F4U and I will love flying it! :pilotfly:

I wouldnt worry too much about Europe 1944, and actually this should help it more than hurt it, some of the AI, units, etc could possible crossed over in certain cases, even with minor tweaking.

But back on topic... the Corair???

Schwing!

72761-waynes-world-rocking-party-on-0klV.gif

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

Never mind the ground units, because the Corsair and the Spitfire are must buys anyway. Iconic planes both! Although it has to be said that flying on ops is maybe just a _tad_ more believable with period adversaries ;)

But LN were going to release a Pacific map as well, were they not? And if so, I'm pretty certain we'll get some realistic opponents as well.

The DCS Mi-8MTV2. The best aviational BBW experience you could ever dream of.

sigh. another thread title that makes you think it's an official announcement. :(

+1

Specs:

Fractal Design Define R5 Black, ASUS ROG Strix Z370-E, Intel Core i5-8600K Coffee Lake @ 5.1 GHz, MSI GeForce GTX 1080ti 11GB 352-Bit GDDR5X, Corsair H110i, G.Skill TridentZ 32GB (2x16GB), Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB SSD

VEAO will be doing a Wildcat, and while I am not sure if F version is relevant to PTO or not but, they are doing a P-40 too. P-47 and P-51 also saw some service in Pacific. Add in a few IJN and IJA birds and we can have a pretty decently materialized PTO in a couple of years.

Btw, RN Corsairs were used in the ETO, not sure if they specifically saw action over Normandy. Wildcats did patrol the channel on D-day.

(Very strictly speaking, the 109 K-4 is also out of place, as the frontline had moved into Belgium/Germany by the time it was operational. But with the map fidelity we expect, we can't have strictly correct maps for every WWII module.)

Edited by emg

Never mind the ground units, because the Corsair and the Spitfire are must buys anyway. Iconic planes both! Although it has to be said that flying on ops is maybe just a _tad_ more believable with period adversaries ;)

But LN were going to release a Pacific map as well, were they not? And if so, I'm pretty certain we'll get some realistic opponents as well.

Your on point, but I think we already have period units in the 109K-4 and the 190D-9. We just need a paint swap to Royal Navy and Free French forces. They'll be out of place in Georgia and Nevada until another European , or fingers crossed, a north sea map become accessible. The Corsair will not be lacking good opponents. I don't think we will have to worry with the Iwo Jima about theater specific opponents. I have very high hopes!

"For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

Leonardo Da Vinci

"We are tied to the ocean. And when we go back to the sea, whether it is to sail or to watch - we are going back from whence we came."

John F. Kennedy

Great vids VEPR! I always knew about the Corsair's nickname but I think that is the first video I have seen where you can hear the sound. Apparently, the whistling sound was caused by air flowing over the big air coolers that can be seen in the leading edges of the wings. I wonder if this distinct sound can be replicated in DCS.

Edited by =BJM=

i5 7600K @4.8GHz | 1080 Ti | 32GB 3200MHz | SSD | DCS SETTINGS | "COCKPIT"

I got to see this corsair up close and in action at warbirds over wanaka 2012 here in New Zealand, that particular corsair served with the RNZAF during ww2, after the war it spent some time in the US and then the UK before coming back to NZ, was great to see it, I even have some footage I need to upload at some point here's a pic anyway.

DSC00039.thumb.JPG.2b46e9171bc2b4ca0e2d528a91b363f9.JPG

BE STILL MY HEART!!!

As a Blacksheep member (BSS) since 1999, we are truly looking forward to flying our favorite fighter again, and conducting authentic carrier ops. As a retired Naval Aircrewman, I tought our members how to properly fly around the ship via CVNATOPS. Hours flying CQ without ever firing a shots!

We've had members suspend flight simulation until a PTO sim surfaces again. The Sheeps Pen will be over-flowin'!!!

When we get our sever up, join in... we'll show you how to do it right!

BSS214.com

S!

V

BE STILL MY HEART!!!

As a Blacksheep member (BSS) since 1999, we are truly looking forward to flying our favorite fighter again, and conducting authentic carrier ops. As a retired Naval Aircrewman, I tought our members how to properly fly around the ship via CVNATOPS. Hours flying CQ without ever firing a shots!

We've had members suspend flight simulation until a PTO sim surfaces again. The Sheeps Pen will be over-flowin'!!!

When we get our sever up, join in... we'll show you how to do it right!

BSS214.com

S!

V

Great news BSS_Vidar! Looking forward to learning from a veteran of Corsair carrier ops! It's going to be a very crowded marshalling area!

3b25591fe39beb9bf917bfd0800f6fc5.jpg

"For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

Leonardo Da Vinci

"We are tied to the ocean. And when we go back to the sea, whether it is to sail or to watch - we are going back from whence we came."

John F. Kennedy

Awesome news!!

Really looking forward to this one!

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

will be the first radial engine in DCSW!

as Leatherneck news has said..... New or unique methods of propulsion or force distribution

To me this means, for early era: Multi prop planes... P-38 or BF110 or B-25's For later era: V-22 Osprey or Harrier jets.

I honestly would not count the F4-U types as new or unique due to a radial engine. but i could be wrong it would be a great plane none the less. but since this is speculation....

my vote: early era P-38

later era V-22 or Harrier.

To me this means, for early era: Multi prop planes... P-38 or BF110 or B-25's For later era: V-22 Osprey or Harrier jets.

I honestly would not count the F4-U types as new or unique due to a radial engine. but i could be wrong it would be a great plane none the less. but since this is speculation....

my vote: early era P-38

later era V-22 or Harrier.

Yes I thought as well that the unique propulsion plane would be multi prop and P-38J or L was the one I wished for the most. One day it has to be the thing in DCS...and I swear that I'll fly around places in her for month without firing a bullet too! But in the end the unique propulsion turned out to be the Viggen with its thrust reverser :P

Not surprised, it was expected since the hints led that way for quite a while and I'm looking forward to it. Corsair is amazing though as well, isn't it? If it is indeed the -1version, then hopefully the D variant, so we can bombard and strafe to our hearts content! :pilotfly:

Sent from my pComputer using Keyboard