Cessna 172!

mytai01

Lets have a Cessna 172! :pilotfly:

MS Win7 Pro x64, Intel i7-6700K 4.0Ghz, Corsair RAM 16Gb,EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW GAMING ACX 3.0, w/ Adjustable RGB LED Graphics Card 08G-P4-6286-KR, Creative Labs SB X-FI Titanium Fatal1ty Champ PCIe Sound Card, Corsair Neutron XTI 1TB SSD, TM Warthog Throttle & Stick, TM TPR Pedels, Oculus Rift VR Headset CV1, Klipsch Promedia 4.1 Speakers...

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great. Add Litening II AT targeting pod to the list. :D :P

i7-2600 @3.4GHz | Corsair 16GB @1600MHz. | MSI GTX1660Ti Gaming X | Samsung 256GB SSD (Win10HPx64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068

The project will be know as "Combat Cessna!"

MS Win7 Pro x64, Intel i7-6700K 4.0Ghz, Corsair RAM 16Gb,EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW GAMING ACX 3.0, w/ Adjustable RGB LED Graphics Card 08G-P4-6286-KR, Creative Labs SB X-FI Titanium Fatal1ty Champ PCIe Sound Card, Corsair Neutron XTI 1TB SSD, TM Warthog Throttle & Stick, TM TPR Pedels, Oculus Rift VR Headset CV1, Klipsch Promedia 4.1 Speakers...

If A2A ever decided to adapt some of their aircraft to DCS (a major undertaking), we could have the best C172 on the market.

I would buy it, too!! :)

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Well. We have a few sims that let you fly the Cessna just perfectly. Why don't you try those? ;) (Xplane, FSX/Prepar3d)

Honestly, I like to play FSX just once in a while. Just to relax and have some fun in a flying boat or some bush-plane. It is a different kind of flightsim. One where you don't have to worry about getting shot down.

Happy Flying! :pilotfly:

...we already had this discussion here ->http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=108549

But hell yeah, give us some cessnas. At least some L-19 Bird Dog or Skymaster.

Nearly every RL flightschool (also military) uses a 150/152/172... Why cant we have one in DCS? maybe theres a chance to get a "flightschool module".

No real fighterpilot starts in a hawk or mustang ;-)

There are many nice high quality models out there for other sims like those from carenado. Im no programmer, but wouldnt it be possible to build them also for DCS?

Example:

sm1.thumb.JPG.186d135e39a35dc9ba1a79fba311f321.JPG sm2.thumb.JPG.fe174bee6b9ed194342617c9b24b03d7.JPG sm3.thumb.JPG.20c1c30ab541ee46ceb871a88d3d3bcd.JPG

And for those guys which dont like the idea of cessnas in DCS, dont buy it ;)

But I beleive there would be a good market for this....

Edited by LNR212

...we already had this discussion here ->http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=108549

But hell yeah, give us some cessnas. At least some L-19 Bird Dog or Skymaster.

Nearly every RL flightschool (also military) uses a 150/152/172... Why cant we have one in DCS? maybe theres a chance to get a "flightschool module".

No real fighterpilot starts in a hawk or mustang ;-)

There are many nice high quality models out there for other sims like those from carenado. Im no programmer, but wouldnt it be possible to build them also for DCS?

Example:

[ATTACH]108167[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]108168[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]108169[/ATTACH]

And for those guys which dont like the idea of cessnas in DCS, dont buy it ;)

But I beleive there would be a good market for this....

A civil module for DCS is a waste of manpower to develop. Instead of focus on what we already had, developers should focus on new things such as Agusta Lynx, Rafale, Eurocopter Tiger, Harrier, MiG23, Su22, ...There are available cessna module for FSX with high quality people can try.

Of course I dont buy civil stuff for a war sim. I'll save money for new military module, or new map. :)

Edited by anlq

I see a lot of smilies here...but...here is the thing...

Since I am lacking in the basics of the art of flying (I know how to operate the Hog's CDU, search and lock with the F-15's radar and land the Stang on grass and yet,,,I had absolutely no idea what the hell the term circuits mean, what's the meaning of straight and level, how to navigate from one spot to another, looked at airport plates like twisted napkins and had absolutely no idea what the hell IFR stands for and so on)...I had to go to another sim to learn it.

So...I flew the 172 for something like 4 months and now I'm training with the T-6A Texan II.

And why all that...so I can be much better here, in DCS.

Isn't it pity?

The transition can be simple: 172 > T-6A > Hawk > choose your forte...wether it be Attack, Intercept, WWII, Choppers

So...yes!

Please!

Please give us the basic planes every single real pilot uses to become an ace combat pilot (or at least an adequate one lol).

Some of us are really good at flying but really lack the basics or knowledge quite a few have here...

• Like 3

jgVplRQ.png

Since I am lacking in the basics of the art of flying (I know how to operate the Hog's CDU, search and lock with the F-15's radar and land the Stang on grass and yet,,,I had absolutely no idea what the hell the term circuits mean, what's the meaning of straight and level, how to navigate from one spot to another, looked at airport plates like twisted napkins and had absolutely no idea what the hell IFR stands for and so on)...I had to go to another sim to learn it.

So...I flew the 172 for something like 4 months and now I'm training with the T-6A Texan II.

Isn't it pity?

The transition can be simple: 172 > T-6A > Hawk > choose your forte...wether it be Attack, Intercept, WWII, Choppers

So...yes!

Please!

Please give us the basic planes every single real pilot uses to become an ace combat pilot (or at least an adequate one lol).

Some of us are really good at flying but really lack the basics or knowledge quite a few have here...

Great post ! :)

I would buy a Cessna mod for sure.. !!

Isn't it pity?

So...yes!

Please!

If you fly a 172 sim for 4 months of course you're not going to know how to do anything in any other module. The only reason this progression exists in real life is because you only have one life to try new things, vs the sim where if something doesn't work, just try something else. You're not going to be able to learn IFR in this sim at all- there are no airways.

For a military sim I believe only the like planes should be developed. Less bloating of the game for the rest of us as well. If you want to learn how to fly a 172, or T-6 then MSFS has you covered. It actually has EVERYTHING you will possibly need to learn how to do all of those things, even P2P ATC. The approaches are spot on to the runways, you can learn all about the different navigational aids, and how it all actually works. It would be too much of an overhaul for this sim.

Did I mention most add-ons for MSFS are free as well?

We seem to disagree:

1. I flew the 172 for 4 months in which I learnt flight basics including aerodynamics, circuits, CVFR and proper civilian ATC communications.

2. I'm training with the T-6A for mastering IFR (really knowing your flight instruments, usage of Nav aids and atmosphere's influence on flight), BFM and basic AF principles.

If one wants to be a GOOD pilot one has to know how to walk before one dances.

If one wants to fly the F-15C or A-10C and be victorious one needs to know, in his guts, by heart, the basics of aerodynamics, the rules of maintaining a certain course, how to navigate by eyesight, how to relate to to the surroundings, how to utilize energy, how to relate to each aircraft charts...

But...I'm not inventing anything here:

These principles are ETCHED within all air forces curriculum.

Since DCS is as high fidelity as it goes one needs to master the basics in order to master one's aircraft of choice.

Am I a better DCS pilot after mastering CVFR while flying the 172? Yes.

So will be most.

The same goes for the next steps with the T-6A.

As for learning IFR in the DCS environment...there are actually airways in DCS: VORs are present and even with the morse code, there are real ATIS charts for the area and it's quite easy to find IFR plates for some of the airports.

The T-6A has good manuals for teaching young pilots how to become better, as written by the USN and USAF.

As for your last comment...I fail to understand its relevance.

By the way...the good add-ons for MSFS cost a hefty sum (as I'm sure you know ;) ).

It's not about anything but DCS and mastering the art of military aviation.

Both the 172 and T-6A are well documented and are pretty simple.

It wouldn't take much to make them.

We, as a community, shall benefit from having more and better aviators.

But hell, what do I know? It's just my personal opinion.

Edited by POLARIS1

jgVplRQ.png

well, many of us are thinking DCS is THE new high quality flight-SIM.

everyone wants to do as realistic as possible, so why not do a "flighttraining" as real as possible. and i do not mean the short introduction-lessons given in some modules. some of us are RL pilots but i beleive most of us not. just have a look on public servers. especially freeflight servers. guys are doing weired things just because they dont know the basics. wouldnt it be awsome if (the willing one) could do a basic flying training as in real life? i know DCS is for now not really the best to train procedures and ifr or at least atc. but if we now get with DCS 2.0 more and more scenery, also from 3rd parties (hopefully soon ;-) ) there will be more players from FSX/XP10 who would convert to DCS. its not all about shooting others down, as i for example am very often on freeflight servers just for fun. and you do not have to be frightened for been shot down by a crazy 13 year old boy who just found out how to deploy bombs/missiles in his FC3-F15.

i am a RL pilot with ATPL and also on a bell 212 and i sometimes use XPlane for some flights and/or IFR training. but i rather would do this in dcs.

i beleive there would be a huge demand for simmers to fly in this nice environment with civil planes or at least planes which could be used for both. just have a look in the user files download section from DCS homepage. there are many civil skins to download. so i think people like civil stuff :smilewink:

and once again, if some just want exclusively doing combat, then just dont buy them modules or go to servers where you can do this. i would say im 70% freeflying/formations/training and 30% doing combat.

also those modules are nearly already made from other softwarecompanies. a module for XP10 or FSX is about 30-40 $. thats ok i think... so maybe it would be not such a big deal to convert something like this to DCS (but i really have no idea if its possible, im no programmer)

just my 2 cents... ;)

Edited by LNR212

I agree, we just need to wait for more 3party developers. They will maybe provide what is needed for the flight training.

Just see the IRIS Simulations, they have their own A-10A 'combat ready' in FSX and have hangar full of trainers. These guys will be awesome 3party staff for the DCSWorld.

The reason developers 'throw' us right into the cockpit of F16, F15, A10, Ka50 etc. without the proper combat flight training is because they know that we have infinite virtual lives, so we can learn from our virtual erro.. mean deaths. But maybe we want to preserve also our virtual life to some extent... ;)

they've already planned a lots of trainer,such as TF-51,L-39,T1.MKI,C-101,this plane is enough for now.

from 2010 to now,there is still few dcs level fix wing rotor and jet(only 5 and will have 2 more before 2015),most of them is released in this year.

I understand where you guys come from, but many of the training missions are already provided to you. The A-10C has many incredible training missions that you can really learn what you're doing. Just because you implement a C-172 doesn't mean that people will actually train, they will just run into the KA-50s slower online (jk).

It really just depends on the developers and community that know what they're doing to actually create training missions. Again however, the A-10 already has 99% of these, and really isn't that much harder to control than the C-172, just a little more to learn systems wise because there's not a grand total of 7 switches in the cockpit. I too am a CFI, CFII, commercial multi, and advanced ground instructor IRL, and to actually learn what you need is on par with actually getting your license, which for most is too much work.

The basics will be learned for most with these current modules if, like you said, you walk before you run. I spent an entire week learning how to fly the A-10 when I first bought it years ago, then another week learning weapons before I ever did a mission. It doesn't matter too much how much experience you have in a sim, because again, you have unlimited lives. It can be more trial and error.

I'm not saying it's an awful idea, but I'd rather see some shiny new fast movers or ground attack rather than planes i can fly backwards in if there's any wind at all (personal record is 12kts backwards).

There is quite a challenge in this community in respect to prior knowledge and inflight implementation.

I have read tons of material regarding the Hog, F-15, Mustang and I can activate their avionics and other systems quite well.

But...when I flew with a great bunch of persons from this community in a simple mission I was blown away by the amount of knowledge I don't have regarding flight, flight regulations, flight basics, flight navigation..etc.

It became apparent that it's up to me to catch up and learn all that.

Now...I can play catch up as much as I want and still stay behind all the time...or...I can work hard, study hard, practice hard and become at least as good as others here.

I know that nothing can replace the butt feeling one has during flight, the enormity of being responsible for the lives of others or for a pretty expensive bird...and yet...I am willing to fly a flamingo (wether it be a 172 or whatever) if that shall make me a better DCS pilot.

I know how good I am and how better I can be once I walk the whole nine yards.

I'm sure that there are many others here who are just like me.

We don't need much...just one or two first stage planes, one or two medium stage plane and...well...we have the Hawk for the advanced stage.

I'm sure courses, curriculums, instructors and so on shall come along.

We have the best planes and simulator environment.

I hope in the future others won't need to go elsewhere (like FSX) for the basics...

What I am grateful for is your input as your point of you as a pilot and instructor.

I think there can be a solution in between so it won't hold back on seasoned pilots or other plane's development too much.

But...won't you mind having more and better DCS pilots in the community and up there in the Georgian skies?

jgVplRQ.png