IA Helicopter Question after landing... Need Help!

Kaliman

"I´m not expert in the Mission Editor"

Yeah, me neither! But I think that one way to do this would be to create a moving zone on the carrier, then have a ONCE trigger with three conditions:

(1) UNIT INSIDE MOVING ZONE set to the moving zone you just created, and the unit you want to disappear;

(2) UNIT'S SPEED LOWER THAN 1, again set to the unit you want to disappear; and (EDIT: if your carrier is moving, I think you'll need to set this speed to just above the carrier's speed)

(3) unit's AGL ALTITUDE LOWER THAN 70 feet. I think 70 feet is just over the altitude of a carrier - it might be different for different carriers, the one I looked at was the Stennis.

Then, the action for these conditions would be UNIT AI OFF linked to the unit you want to disappear upon landing.

Once the above conditions are met, the unit should disappear.

Those three conditions should imitate a landing on the carrier, or close enough (e.g., if the unit hovered over the carrier with a zero speed, not touching down but being below 70 feet AGL, it would disappear before it actually got down on the carrier; however, it probably won't be below 1 mph until it actually comes to rest, so . . . it should still look OK.)

El Vert

Edited by El Vert

"I´m not expert in the Mission Editor"

Yeah, me neither! But I think that one way to do this would be to create a moving zone on the carrier, then have a ONCE trigger with three conditions:

(1) UNIT INSIDE MOVING ZONE set to the moving zone you just created, and the unit you want to disappear;

(2) UNIT'S SPEED LOWER THAN 1, again set to the unit you want to disappear; and

(3) unit's AGL ALTITUDE LOWER THAN 70 feet. I think 70 feet is just over the altitude of a carrier - it might be different for different carriers, the one I looked at was the Stennis.

Then, the action for these conditions would be UNIT AI OFF linked to the unit you want to disappear upon landing.

Once the above conditions are met, the unit should disappear.

Those three conditions should imitate a landing on the carrier, or close enough (e.g., if the unit hovered over the carrier with a zero speed, not touching down but being below 70 feet AGL, it would disappear before it actually got down on the carrier; however, it probably won't be below 1 mph until it actually comes to rest, so . . . it should still look OK.)

El Vert

Thank You!!! Really appreciate your help!

Just a quick question... When a unit is sitting on the deck of the carrier, would it's speed be detected as 0 or as the speed of the carrier? Or, would it's speed be relative to the moving zone?

Wayz Out

Intel Core i9 9900K | ASUS ROG Strix Z390E Gaming MB | G.Skill Ripjaws V 32gb DDR4-3200 | GeForce RTX 2080 Ti | Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe

HTC Vive Pro VR | Logitech G x56 HOTAS | Logitech G PRO Pedals

A101Wayz,

Good point! I hadn't thought about that as I've only used the above to detect a landing on a stationary object.

But I just tested it, and you're right, the speed of the carrier the unit is landing on does affect the unit's speed for purposes of the UNIT SPEED LOWER THAN parameter. I didn't try it with a moving zone, but I bet that won't change anything.

So, in the example above, assuming the carrier is moving, you'll need to change the "lower than" speed to something just above the carrier's speed, whatever you've set that to be.

Thanks for noting that! I've edited my original post accordingly.

El Vert

Edited by El Vert

Good deal... I didn't have a chance to test it myself.

Guess we all learned something today.

Wayz Out

Intel Core i9 9900K | ASUS ROG Strix Z390E Gaming MB | G.Skill Ripjaws V 32gb DDR4-3200 | GeForce RTX 2080 Ti | Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe

HTC Vive Pro VR | Logitech G x56 HOTAS | Logitech G PRO Pedals