Huey gunners.....

Robert31178

Dont hold your breath..................

Windows 10 Pro - 64 Bit / ASUS ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming / AMD 7800X3D / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 64GB DDR5 6000 Ram / SSD M.2 SK hynix Platinum P41 2TB / MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 SUPRIM Liquid X 24G / SteelSeries Arctis 7 Headset /LG-Ultragear 38" IPS LED Ultrawide HD Monitor (3840 x 1600) / Track IR4 / Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Virpil HOTAS VPC Constellation ALPHA-R & VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle

The post and pintle for the M-23 armament system (aka Huey door gun) mounted on the hard points just below the well on either side of the transmission. I crewed several H models in RVN and every one in our troop had hard points for mounting the M-23, which used M60Ds, or the XM-59 which used an M60D on one side and a 50 cal on the other.

Oh no, this one WAS a slick, I flew my last squad op with no weaps mounts BECAUSE THE DOOR GUNNERS ARE WORTHLESS RIGHT NOW!!

Whoh! I didn't know the door gunners are useless this module. I've been exploring getting it, but that's a non-starter for a former crew chief and door gunner. Boo!

Edited by flyingfed

Well, they aren't useless per se. A recent patch just introduced a bug that prevents them from firing properly after a rearm.

I don't know what's more frustrating, the fact that that got broken without any other change to the modules in question or the absolute zero response to it.

The m60s work fine btw.(and are fairly deadly too). It's just the miniguns that don't work.

Not if you put them in through rearming during the mission. They fire, sure, but they only fire single shots when the trigger is pressed. The AI gunners use them, but they don't fire proper bursts either.

Not if you put them in through rearming during the mission. They fire, sure, but they only fire single shots when the trigger is pressed. The AI gunners use them, but they don't fire proper bursts either.

I just flew with AI gunners a few days ago and rearmed my chopper to get M60s (spawned with the miniguns) and they did work fine in Multiplayer. :huh:

I just tested on MP (Havoc) and still have the problem with re-armed M134 (no shot) and M60 (single shot).

"[...] because, basically, in this day and age, if you get to the merge and no one's died - it's not good for anybody." - Keith 'Okie' Nance
"Nun siegt mal schön!" - Theodor Heuss, September 1958

"Nobody has any intention of building a wall." - Walter Ulbricht, June 1961
"Russia has no plans to invade either Ukraine or any other country.
" - Vladimir Chizhov, Russia's ambassador to the EU, January 2022