DCS: Fw 190A-8 Discussion

NineLine

amazing :thumbup:

F-15E | F-14A/B

P-51D | P-47D | Mosquito FB Mk VI |Spitfire | Fw 190D | Fw 190A | Bf 109K |  WWII Assets Pack

Normandy 2 | The Channel | Sinai | Syria | PG | NTTR | South Atlantic 

F/A-18 | F-86 | F-16C | A-10C | FC-3 | CA | SC |

• Replies 462
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

rigth panel

Superb!

Not the best pic for close details and I guess you already have it, but just in case. Smithsonian Fw190F-8, an A-8 with just outer wing cannons removed and a bit more ground attack capability (centre-lower panel shows),

I'm curious to know what those extra "ground attack capability" options are. Any ideas?

I'm curious to know what those extra "ground attack capability" options are. Any ideas?
What Fenrir says, as well as armoured engine ring I think (which can't be seen externally) and outer wing cannons removed in order to mount the wing bomb racks. F models could be built at factory or converted with field packs, but I believe F-8 was mostly built in factory though that doesn't mean it could not be built from a previously used airframe and that F8 in the pic also wears at least A7 and A5 serial number placards IIRC. The bombs extra panel wasn't there for the regular A8 fighter. Probably also had some other minor differences but that's it mostly.

S!

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice

• ED Team
Well, I'm going to be that guy:

How are things going to be on the infamous "cockpit-bar"-issue?

I've noticed that the screen shots so far didn't show this area.

(going tinfoil hat mode) To avoid a discussion about it maybe?

Как я люблю "тех самых парней"! )))

Я принимаю модели, а вы мучаетесь, но у вас растет мастерство!!!:book:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Как я люблю "тех самых парней"! )))

^ I'd take that as "NO" smilewink.gif
Google translate: "How I love those guys!"

Maybe yes, maybe no, who knows :lol: .

S!

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

Well, now we have rain drops and what they do is kind of lenses refraction without that much of a FPS drop, why not, maybe it's time to try the lenses effect of that windscreen.

S!