Markindel's MD Helicopters MH-6 Little Bird - Page 8 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 06-13-2018, 10:56 AM   #71
Holton181

I'm having some troubles with this latest update.
I get no clean glass and I can't see if I got the nose numbers due to an isue with the F2 view. In 2.5.2 I get an initial freeze and after a while the view turns black but with outside sounds and the info bar at the bottom. In 1.5.7 I get the same, but eventually I get an outside view but with the helicopter invisible.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye60 View Post
Copy the two textures inside the texture folder into the zip file, in the MH-6 texture folder.
I assume it's the MH6_LittleBird.zip that is implied here?

I of course also followed these instructions:
Quote:
To address the damage model, copy the files in the zip folder into the shapes folder. allow overwrite.
One new file added
But the update only included two files, both of which already existed (I did overwrite) but no new file to add.

I tried to install from scratch (first original, then v1.02, then v2) but got the same.

I also have a request:
It would be simpler if you distributed full installation packages for each new update instead of only updated files. Especially for situations when wanting to install from scratch and for people late for the party.

Edit:
I have not tried the Aerocordage version yet.

Edit 2:
Tested to add the two texture files to the '..\Cockpit\Textures\Cockpit-Ka-50 Textures.zip' as well, and now I got the clear glass. But still have issues with the F2 view. Will try to revert the MH6_LittleBird.zip to the original an see.

Edit3:
No, reverting to v1.02 MH6_LittleBird.zip didn't help...
i7-3820 3.60GHz
P9X79 Pro
32GB
GTX 670 2GB
VG278H + a Dell
PFT Lynx
TrackIR 5

Last edited by Holton181; 06-13-2018 at 11:26 AM.
Holton181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 11:40 AM   #72
Hawkeye60

Quote:
I also have a request:
It would be simpler if you distributed full installation packages for each new update instead of only updated files. Especially for situations when wanting to install from scratch and for people late for the party.
You are correct.
This is a good idea.
I will put together a complete mod with all fixes included.
I posted these in this manner so you would have a choice.
Some do not want to re-download the entire mod and start over.

Some would prefer the dirty glass, some would not.
I tried to make a "patch" for these up-dates.

Let me take a look and see what I can do.

This will only apply to the original version.
Any issues with the gunner version will need to be addressed by Patrick.

Back in a bit.......
"Yeah, and though I work in the valley of Death, I will fear no Evil. For where there is one, there is always three. I preparest my aircraft to receive the Iron that will be delivered in the presence of my enemies. Thy ALCM and JDAM they comfort me. Power was given unto the aircrew to make peace upon the world by way of the sword. And when the call went out, Behold the "Sword of Stealth". And his name was Death. And Hell followed him. For the day of wrath has come and no mercy shall be given."
Hawkeye60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 12:35 PM   #73
Holton181

Quote:
Thanks. I fully see the reasons for having patches like this, and you can still offer them, but it's a good idea to have full downloads of the most current version avaliable in the first post.

By the way, I have now tested the Aerocordage and it does have a functional F2 view. Will try to revert back to original v1.02 to see if I have issues with that or if it is introduced with v2.
i7-3820 3.60GHz
P9X79 Pro
32GB
GTX 670 2GB
VG278H + a Dell
PFT Lynx
TrackIR 5
Old 06-13-2018, 02:51 PM   #74
Holton181

Did some more tinkering with the installation of this update, file by file.
1) The F2 issue is due to the damage model update. The instructions imply ther is a file to be ADDED in addition to some to be overwritten. But no such file is included in the update package.

2) The clear glass work and look good, but has to be installed in the '..\Cockpit\Textures\Cockpit-Ka-50 Textures.zip' and not in '..\Textures\MH6_LittleBird.zip'. The instructions are not clear on this.

3) The numbers are not working. I installed the MH-6.edm in '..\Shapes', and the Ah6_Numbers.dds in the zip files mentioned in 2), tried both separately and simultaneously, also directly in respective folder without putting them in any zip. The plates are there but with the typical camouflage that appears when there are textures missing. Would add some screen-shots if I was at the computer, but I'm trying to play with my 3 year old daughter while I'm typing this on my phone...

4) My radio menu is completely empty, and no radio to tune in on an existing frequency to see if that is the issue.
i7-3820 3.60GHz
P9X79 Pro
32GB
GTX 670 2GB
VG278H + a Dell
PFT Lynx
TrackIR 5
Old 06-13-2018, 03:32 PM   #75
Patrick56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holton181 View Post
Did some more tinkering with the installation of this update, file by file.
1) The F2 issue is due to the damage model update. The instructions imply ther is a file to be ADDED in addition to some to be overwritten. But no such file is included in the update package.

2) The clear glass work and look good, but has to be installed in the '..\Cockpit\Textures\Cockpit-Ka-50 Textures.zip' and not in '..\Textures\MH6_LittleBird.zip'. The instructions are not clear on this.

3) The numbers are not working. I installed the MH-6.edm in '..\Shapes', and the Ah6_Numbers.dds in the zip files mentioned in 2), tried both separately and simultaneously, also directly in respective folder without putting them in any zip. The plates are there but with the typical camouflage that appears when there are textures missing. Would add some screen-shots if I was at the computer, but I'm trying to play with my 3 year old daughter while I'm typing this on my phone...

4) My radio menu is completely empty, and no radio to tune in on an existing frequency to see if that is the issue.
Try the Aerocordage version not problems, among other radio, missing textures etc ....
Old 06-13-2018, 06:26 PM   #76
Holton181

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick56 View Post
Try the Aerocordage version not problems, among other radio, missing textures etc ....
Tested, and radio seems to work. Can't tune any radio, I guess simple radio is needed. New damage model I guess is already implemented, and F2 view is working. Clear glass also work but shall be placed in '..\Textures\MH6_LittleBird.zip' in this version instead of Cockpit-Ka-50 Textures.zip, I assume it is because Cockpit-Ka-50 Textures.zip is located alongside with the MH6_LittleBird.zip.
The nose numbers doesn't seem to work here either though.
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen_180613_201848.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	660.3 KB
ID:	187434

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen_180613_201900.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	836.6 KB
ID:	187436
i7-3820 3.60GHz
P9X79 Pro
32GB
GTX 670 2GB
VG278H + a Dell
PFT Lynx
TrackIR 5
Old 06-13-2018, 06:39 PM   #77
Holton181

Also regarding the slowdown/stop of rotor. Have you tried it when FPS is 30 or below? You might need to frame limit your DCS to see it (I recommend RivaTuner, RTSS).
i7-3820 3.60GHz
P9X79 Pro
32GB
GTX 670 2GB
VG278H + a Dell
PFT Lynx
TrackIR 5
Old 06-13-2018, 06:47 PM   #78
Holton181

Sorry to spam...
Regarding this:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holton181 View Post
1) The formation lights can not be turned off. Intensity can be set but not fully turned off.
It was no bug. It was me confusing different things. I looked at the navigation lights (read and blue, RAlt+L or LAlt+L) but used the command for the formation lights (RCtrl+J). It appeared to change the intensity of the navigation light slightly, but it was only due to the intensity of the formation lights (that seems to be located inside the MH-6).
i7-3820 3.60GHz
P9X79 Pro
32GB
GTX 670 2GB
VG278H + a Dell
PFT Lynx
TrackIR 5
Old 06-13-2018, 07:16 PM   #79
Rtyer

My MH-6 have ka-50's cockpit, and DCS crash after F2...

Maybe someone has a fully assembled working mod?
Rtyer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 04:53 PM   #80
BlacleyCole

Question I. Owe the ka50 but would like to add the little bird to my mission builder computer that uses a different account. Is it possible to install the little bird to my mission building computer and copy the required ka50 folder over and it work? I am a licensed owner/user of the ka 50 but its in my main computer.|

New FlightSim Blog coming at https://blackeysblog.wordpress.com. It in the wip phase now. I’ll be reviewing both the hardware and software to include mods on a weekly bases once setup. I’m way in the rears at this point.
BlacleyCole is offline   Reply With Quote