Gazelle Minigun - No mouse control for minigun in VR - ED Forums

Notices

Old 04-30-2018, 09:46 PM   #1
toilet2000

Default Gazelle Minigun - No mouse control for minigun in VR

The Gazelle Minigun mouse control does not work in VR. Following the exact procedure described in the text file does not work in VR. Basically, the mouse cursor disappear when double-clicking the mouse wheel, but moving the mouse (even after single-clicking the mouse wheel) does nothing.

One other thing is that the camera is badly placed in VR. It's right over the gun just in front of the holographic sight. It should be exactly where the gunner head is placed.

Lastly, the holographic sight uses a static texture, where it should in fact use a sight picture that acts a bit like a HUD (the sight is projected at infinity).
toilet2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2018, 10:48 PM   #2
SnowTiger

I'm unable to find the option for Mouse Control of the Minigun even with TrackIR.
I can use TIR to aim but I'd rather use the mouse (better control for me I think).
But I can't find any option for that.
Old 04-30-2018, 11:01 PM   #3
Rex854Warrior

there are no options to, at least i don't think, the only way i've managed to aim with the mouse is by unplugging my trackIR then disabling the clickable cockpit (Left Alt C).

http://veaf.org/fr/
Rex854Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2018, 11:36 PM   #4
hannibal

Poly chop!!
please add axis commands and keyboard commands to the minigun travese!
pretty please!

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197969447179
hannibal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2018, 08:49 PM   #5
SnowTiger

Polychop Please Also include an Option for Mouse Aiming/Control of the Minigun.

The default view blows too. Using TiR I can hardly view the entire gun's swivel range without my chin in my chest and/or looking over or around the frames of my glasses (which are HUGE ... just for TiR and DCS !!).
Old 05-11-2018, 07:50 AM   #6
Sanbato

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowTiger View Post
Polychop Please Also include an Option for Mouse Aiming/Control of the Minigun.

The default view blows too. Using TiR I can hardly view the entire gun's swivel range without my chin in my chest and/or looking over or around the frames of my glasses (which are HUGE ... just for TiR and DCS !!).

this is already the case, but a lot of features do not work with the 2.5.1 update.
will probably be solved with the future patch
Sanbato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 08:25 PM   #7
SnowTiger

BTW - Is it just me or do others find the Minigun's Swivel Range to be a bit lacking ?

It seems that one has to be either shooting from very low (dangerous) or from miles away.
The gun doesn't swivel Down very far making it so that it would be impossible to defend the chopper from below if anyone was shooting from below.
Furthermore, the swing/swivel to the rear of the chopper is pretty lousy too. So if you don't get the target on the approach or by the time you have just passed it, you can't swivel the gun far enough Back to hit the target.

I spend more time trying to get the shots NEAR the target let alone hit anything.
The target has to be too far away to really get a bead on it and then it is difficult to see. Especially if it is Ground Troops.

Is it just me or could this be seriously improved ?

PS> I am sure that door gunners could (IRL) shoot almost straight down without "aiming". They'd just follow the tracers.
Old 06-13-2018, 12:32 AM   #8
Ramsay

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowTiger View Post
BTW - Is it just me or do others find the Minigun's Swivel Range to be a bit lacking ?
Perhaps IRL used for fire suppression, but I haven't made much use of the minigun in DCS as AFAIK it lacks a AI gunner.
Quote:
Is it just me or could this be improved ?

PS> I am sure that door gunners could (IRL) shoot almost straight down without "aiming". They'd just follow the tracers.
There is a Facebook video of the real thing and it looks similar to what we have, however, some of the night tracers do look angled down but it's hard to tell as it's pitch black and the camera in another helicopter, was behind the line of fire and most likely using a telephoto lens, what do you think ?

https://www.facebook.com/LeGamStat/v...1867828964985/

Still photos from the same tests, show the gunner strapped into his seat (to stop him falling out, etc.), so his ability to move around and angle the gun is most likely restricted.

Last edited by Ramsay; 06-13-2018 at 12:54 AM.
Ramsay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 01:28 AM   #9
SnowTiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramsay View Post
Perhaps IRL used for fire suppression, but I haven't made much use of the minigun in DCS as AFAIK it lacks a AI gunner.

There is a Facebook video of the real thing and it looks similar to what we have, however, some of the night tracers do look angled down but it's hard to tell as it's pitch black and the camera in another helicopter, was behind the line of fire and most likely using a telephoto lens, what do you think ?

https://www.facebook.com/LeGamStat/v...1867828964985/

Still photos from the same tests, show the gunner strapped into his seat (to stop him falling out, etc.), so his ability to move around and angle the gun is most likely restricted.
I agree that it is hard to tell, but it does look pretty much vertical or at least much closer to straight down than our Sim version is capable of. Even strapped in (as I would expect anyone to be) that wouldn't prevent them from reaching the gun and tipping it the barrels down to shoot down. It's only a matter of reach and I'd say it's well within reach. Great Video. Thanks for sharing that. PS> I haven't tried the AI door gunner yet to see if it works or how well. But now that you mentioned it, I'm going to have to give it a try.