just to say thank you to developers

doclucio

hi ed team, newbye here, i have began with the su25 of the free game and wow...this simulator rocks.I saw lots of people complaining about f18 EA...but for me is an EA, i am sure you will fullfill your module. I understand you need help and money to improve this wonderfull baby, so my help was purchasing the f18, f16, a10c and mig21, also nevada and persian gulf. i also did get some discounted campaigns. I enjoy every day i read and study something new...also when i think that something is not working...just to find out 2 hours later that it's me not knowing correct procedures.

WOW AMAZING JOB!!!THKS

• ED Team

Thank you for your kind words and support, we appreciate it.

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Another relatively new guy here. I first got DCS back when I got my CV1 and dabbled a bit but it was only when I recently got my Reverb a few months ago I really “discovered” DCS!

I got a bit carried away and have way more content than I can possibly comprehend but I plan to be doing this for some time and like the OP I was so impressed I wanted to do my bit to provide support for the future.

I did a bit of combat flight simming in the nineties and had most of the big titles of which there were many back then. Somehow I had no idea DCS had taken the genre so far. As a big fan of VR I am really enjoying flying (and shooting stuff) again.

I am at the stage where simply starting up, taxiing, taking off and landing one of the tail draggers successfully (that means still in one piece with landing gear intact) brings a smile to my face. I appreciate for the veterans who know how everything works waiting for new and updated features maybe a different experience but for us new guys there are simply so many things to try and to learn which could take years! Long may it continue.

AMD 5800X3D · MSI 4080 · Asus ROG Strix B550 Gaming  · HP Reverb Pro · 1Tb M.2 NVMe, 32Gb Corsair Vengence 3600MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · VIRPIL T-50CM3 Base, Alpha Prime R. VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Base. JetSeat

for every ten times i critizise DCS or post a grumpy bug report, there should be at least one post of appreciation, because it's still a great sim!

so, devs and team take this emoji as a token of my gratitude: :thumbup:

keep up the good work (especially on those new clouds)!!!

Keep rocking ED, we support you even though we get mad at you every so often :D

Edited by Kid18120
typos

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Simming since 2005

My Rig: Gigabyte X470 Aorus Ultra Gaming, AMD Ryzen7 2700X, G.Skill RipJaws 32GB DDR4-3200, EVGA RTX 2070 Super Black Gaming, Corsair HX850

hi ed team, newbye here, i have began with the su25 of the free game and wow...this simulator rocks.I saw lots of people complaining about f18 EA...but for me is an EA, i am sure you will fullfill your module. I understand you need help and money to improve this wonderfull baby, so my help was purchasing the f18, f16, a10c and mig21, also nevada and persian gulf. i also did get some discounted campaigns. I enjoy every day i read and study something new...also when i think that something is not working...just to find out 2 hours later that it's me not knowing correct procedures.

WOW AMAZING JOB!!!THKS

I fully understand.

F/A-18C:

- bought it about an year ago, at the time what got me to the Hornet (instead of the Mirage), was the JHMCS and all the weapons and Pods to be implemented, etc;

- even today I'm experimenting new stuf - several kinds of A-G ordnance, mostly against naval vessels, sensor employment / integration, just amazing;

- (didn't spend the time yet to read and employ JDAM and JSOW, but look forward to it.)

Su-25T:

- when I bought the Hornet, some features (Litening T-Pod for instance) were not yet implemented, and neither did I study everything about this full fidelity module at the time; no problem, took the Su-25T and went to do some anti-shipping with more ease;

- even the Su-25T being a low fidelity aircraft from FC3, it also allows for some cool A-G employment procedures;

- I mean: this beast does have several types of TV or Laser guided bombs and missiles... interesting.

F-15C:

- well it's not an F-14... neither a MiG-29, but it its however a peculiar and very highly regarded air-superiority machine, with its own interesting aspects;

- also spent a lot of time in it... until the F-14 arrived.

MiG-29:

- when the Professional Flight Model came out, it was like sort of a personal realisation to me;

- one of my main "sadness" with LOMAC was that the Fulcrum really didn't turn / maneuver as in real life, (or at the least as reported in almost everywhere);

- thanks to the PFM, I do spend so many time on it that I've got an exclusive russian pilot logbook for the MiG-29 and other aircraft.

Also on third party modules, I would be here all day...

So, from here: thank you ED.

Hangar
FC3 | F-14A/B | F-16C | F/A-18C | MiG-21bis | Mirage 2000C ... ... JA 37 | Kfir | MiG-23 | Mirage IIIE
Mi-8 MTV2

system
i7-4790 K , 16 GB DDR3 , GTX 1660 Ti 6GB , Samsung 860 QVO 1TB

To the ED Team - I want to add my thanks as well. I know there can be a lot of bitching here - some valid and some not. But there has been not a single "Flight hour" I've spent on DCS that I didn't come away thinking - "HOLY Sh*T that was cool!"

I spent a fair amount of time in the late 80s/early 90 playing flight sims - mostly Falcon 3 and similar. However, life pressures (mostly REAL flying) and boredom with the 2D nature of seeing the world on a flat screen combined to have me put away flight siming for a long time. I swore an oath to myself that I would not reenter the genre until VR was mature for flight sims. I had heard about DCS back in the early days and that it was trying to become the "end all, be all" of the combat flight sim market. It seemed promising and I liked where the vision was going. But it was still early days and a lot of "vaporware". However, back in 2011 based on some on-line reviews, I sort of cheated on my promise and bought the DCS A-10C game for PC from a brick and mortar store. I anxiously loaded it, fired it up, played probably a total of 45 min and gave up as I was right back to what I hated most - a flat screen 2D world, even though the resolution was markedly better than 1995. Just this past spring, I finally dove into a VR setup (HTC Vive Pro) to be able to play FPS games. I was not really thinking flight sim except as a secondary thing at this point. However, when I was downloading some FPS games on Steam - I saw that DCS was able to run in VR so I tried it since the DCS world and the couple of aircraft were free. AS soon as I looked around with the VR goggles in the TF-51 and could see as naturally as I do in a real cockpit - I was hooked. I went straight to the Hornet and the A-10C and have never looked back. In fact I have never even opened or ran any of my FPS games that I originally bought the VR kit in the first place for. Maybe eventually when I get bored with DCS, which is to say never.

Anyway, this was a long-winded way to say thank you all in ED for your amazing efforts on this. I'm sure its a labor of love as well as a business. I for one, will do everything I can to support you all by buying more products so the business side continues to thrive. Win win.

System HW: i9-9900K @5ghz, MSI 11GB RTX-2080-Ti Trio, G-Skill 32GB RAM, Reverb HMD, Steam VR, TM Warthog Hotas Stick & Throttle, TM F/A-18 Stick grip add-on, TM TFRP pedals. SW: 2.5.6 OB

^^^^^^

What "Notso" said.

VR and DCS have culled my sim library down to one, which is good cuzz I can't afford more than one anymore...

VR is the primary reason (like you I waited, literally, decades for this). And I get to blow stuff up.

Flying the system-heavy [buttons/knobs/procedures-wise] platforms in P3D, X-plane, etc, even in VR, is second place now.

Heck, I have purchased modules I rarely 'fly', cuzz I want these guys -- this genre -- to succeed. Sooner, rather than later, hopefully. If they/it tanks (becomes another arcade game) then, well, I take up gardening (nothing against gardeners BTW).

Semi-related: If MSFT 'weaponizes' FS2020, and gets VR, maybe things will change for me?

Check Six,

J

i6700k 4.4mhz, 32Gb, nVidia 1080, Odyssey+, CH Products, Derek Speare Designs button box, Bass shaker w/SimShaker For Aviators

Fully agree, heck I own more modules than I will ever find the time to truly learn, to support ED.

Going through the learning process on the Hornet now and am having a blast.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

I´m here to say thank you to ED, i dont get tired of saying this because ED put me closer to my childhood dream.

If wasn´t ED i didn´t have carrier ops with the Hornet for trainning my skills, and make me dream as i do thanks to this simulation world.

So, keep up the good work, and keep in mind that you don´t know how much you possible saved from a depression because some personal losses i´ve been through.

Forever grateful.

Best regards,

Fagulha.

- "Don't be John Wayne in the Break if you´re going to be Jerry Lewis on the Ball".

About carrier ops: "The younger pilots are still quite capable of holding their heads forward against the forces. The older ones have been doing this too long and know better; sore necks make for poor sleep.'

PC: I7 4790K 4.6ghz | 32GB RAM | Zotac GTX 1080Ti 11Gb DDR5x | Water cooler NZXT AIO Kraken x53 | 3.5TB (x4 SSD´s) | Valve Index| Andre´s JeatSeat.