New sounds discussion

Originally Posted by btd:

The sound in the cockpit is based on the sounds we recorded from a real spitfire IX cockpit. it sounds exactly as implemented.

First thank you for your work on this. The improvement is dramatic and it makes the game that much better.

Second, does the pulsing in the cockpit happen in real life? I hear what sounds like the volume being modulated at about 4 cycles per second. It's noticeable in Phil's video at 3:35.

Thanks again. No really.

Edited by rhinofilms

Phil's vid was made before last two OB hotfix tweaks. Does it still happen in current version? I admit I've never flow the Spit at these speeds with canopy open.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

• ED Team

Second, does the pulsing in the cockpit happen in real life? I hear what sounds like the volume being modulated at about 4 cycles per second. It's noticeable in Phil's video at 3:35.

It's a known bug with our core sound engine. I hope we will fix it in a couple of weeks.

Best regards,

Kanstantsin Kuzniatsou (btd)

It's a known bug with our core sound engine. I hope we will fix it in a couple of weeks.

First excellent sounds on the Spit! Curious if their is plans to update the K4 and D9 sound set also?:thumbup:

I7-8700 @5GHZ, 32GB 3000MHZ RAM, 1080TI, Rift S, ODYSSEY +. SSD DRIVES, WIN10

First excellent sounds on the Spit! Curious if their is plans to update the K4 and D9 sound set also?:thumbup:

Unfortunately no one can record sounds for K-4 or D-9

p-51 and spitfires MK IX flying to day in large quantities,sadly no k-4 or d-9 flying today

System specs: I7 14700KF, Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, Gigabyte RTX 4090,Win 11, 48" OLED LG TV + 42" LG LED monitor

Unfortunately no one can record sounds for K-4 or D-9

p-51 and spitfires MK IX flying to day in large quantities,sadly no k-4 or d-9 flying today

There are plenty 109s with the DB605. They can be a fine source for sounds. The JJ 213 inside an airframe is a bit more elusive though

Hardware: T-16000M Pack, Saitek 3 Throttle Quadrant, Homemade 32-function Leo Bodnar Button Box, MFG Crosswind Pedals Oculus Rift S

System Specs: MSI MPG X570 GAMING PLUS, GTX 1070 SC2, AMD RX3700, 32GB DDR4-3200, Samsung 860 EVO, Samsung 970 EVO 250GB

Modules: Ka-50, Mi-8MTV2, FC3, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-5E, P-51D, Spitfire Mk LF Mk. IXc, Bf-109K-4, Fw-190A-8

Maps: Normandy, Nevada

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• ED Team
There are plenty 109s with the DB605. They can be a fine source for sounds. The JJ 213 inside an airframe is a bit more elusive though

We have a lot from Duxford 2015.

Ніщо так сильно не ранить мозок, як уламки скла від розбитих рожевих окулярів

There is nothing so hurtful for the brain as splinters of broken rose-coloured spectacles.

Ничто так сильно не ранит мозг, как осколки стекла от разбитых розовых очков (С) Me

Same as Merlin and V-1650 both almost identical but sound different

what was the changes to DB605DB ? bigger impeler difrent gear ratio, higher rpm allowed, different prop i think, huge impact on sound

it will sound difrent,

and Jumo 213 hard to get even more

Edited by grafspee

System specs: I7 14700KF, Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, Gigabyte RTX 4090,Win 11, 48" OLED LG TV + 42" LG LED monitor

what was the changes to DB605DB ? bigger impeler difrent gear ratio, higher rpm allowed, different prop i think, huge impact on sound

it will sound difrent,

and Jumo 213 hard to get even more

Well like you said the exact.... airframe does not exist so the closest thing out their is what are at airshows and what not. Either way it would be an improvement to what we currently have in game for the d9, and k4

Virginia has a D9 flyable granted from what that museum said its a reproduction. Cool place in germany has the g14 flying around that would be a great source

I7-8700 @5GHZ, 32GB 3000MHZ RAM, 1080TI, Rift S, ODYSSEY +. SSD DRIVES, WIN10

• ED Team

They have very different exhaust stacks, and it plays a big role.

Ніщо так сильно не ранить мозок, як уламки скла від розбитих рожевих окулярів

There is nothing so hurtful for the brain as splinters of broken rose-coloured spectacles.

Ничто так сильно не ранит мозг, как осколки стекла от разбитых розовых очков (С) Me

They have very different exhaust stacks, and it plays a big role.

Not all of them have different exh.stacks, still sounds different

Edited by grafspee

hope the 51 and other warbirds follow :)

Hardware: T-16000M Pack, Saitek 3 Throttle Quadrant, Homemade 32-function Leo Bodnar Button Box, MFG Crosswind Pedals Oculus Rift S

System Specs: MSI MPG X570 GAMING PLUS, GTX 1070 SC2, AMD RX3700, 32GB DDR4-3200, Samsung 860 EVO, Samsung 970 EVO 250GB

Modules: Ka-50, Mi-8MTV2, FC3, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-5E, P-51D, Spitfire Mk LF Mk. IXc, Bf-109K-4, Fw-190A-8

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

If spitfire got new back fire sounds p-51 got them too.
This. Backfire sound is shared by both aircraft, among other sound samples. Going to check it out later

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I love the new sounds with the updated backfire samples. Yes, the whole engine seems louder since the latest update.

One thing though: when you idle the power very quickly or add trottle very quickly from idle, the sound cuts out for a split second. It's even more pronunced in the Mustang.

I love the new sounds with the updated backfire samples. Yes, the whole engine seems louder since the latest update.

One thing though: when you idle the power very quickly or add trottle very quickly from idle, the sound cuts out for a split second. It's even more pronunced in the Mustang.

When is this happening cold or hot engine? When engine is cold it is normal.

Sounds do not change with temperature of engine

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]