Have the Hornet devs moved back from the Viper?

Arctander

Hi all

As mentioned by nineline earlier in the thread, and in the news letter the team are making a hard push on the F-18.

Just a note, product feedback and constructive criticism is encouraged when provided in a mature and courteous manner. So please keep it civil, also for those of you not sure about the forum rules I would suggest having a read before posting.

thank you.

Not as long as yall continue to delete comments that yall get offended by. Thats not how "constructive criticism" works.

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/ea/64/58/ea6458e2d324aa68f5ac76922536c033.jpg

"Straighten up and fly right"

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ED Team
Not as long as yall continue to delete comments that yall get offended by. Thats not how "constructive criticism" works.

We only delete threads that break the forum rules, please take some time to read them.

your post's were deleted for 1.15 and 1.3

if you want to discuss the forum rule's PM me, this is not the place.

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

This forum is the best place customers have to provide feedback. Whether it is constructive is not for you to judge.

Neither is it for you, then. We can agree on that.

i7 - 9700K | 32 GB DDR4 3200 | RTX 2080 | VKB Gunfighter Mk II /w MCG Pro | Virpil T-50CM2 Throttle | TrackIR 5 | VKB Mk. IV

AJS-37 | A/V-8B | A-10C | F-14A/B | F-16C | F-18C | F-86F | FC3 | JF-17 | Ka-50 | L-39 | Mi-8 | MiG-15bis | MiG-19 | MiG-21bis | M2000-C | P-51D | Spitfire LF Mk. IX | UH-1H

I had the impression you thought my view on the matter as unconstructive. I may have been mistaken :D

Also let's cut this short: while I dont see these kind if threads being helpful in any way, I also never hinted at limiting anyone's right to post exactly these kind of threads. We will still disagree on its effectiveness and if you see that as judging then I'm fine with that.

Edited by Shimmergloom667

i7 - 9700K | 32 GB DDR4 3200 | RTX 2080 | VKB Gunfighter Mk II /w MCG Pro | Virpil T-50CM2 Throttle | TrackIR 5 | VKB Mk. IV

AJS-37 | A/V-8B | A-10C | F-14A/B | F-16C | F-18C | F-86F | FC3 | JF-17 | Ka-50 | L-39 | Mi-8 | MiG-15bis | MiG-19 | MiG-21bis | M2000-C | P-51D | Spitfire LF Mk. IX | UH-1H

I had the impression you thought my view on the matter as unconstructive. I may have been mistaken :D

Also let's cut this short: while I dont see these kind if threads being helpful in any way, I also never hinted at limiting anyone's right to post exactly these kind of threads. We will still disagree on its effectiveness and if you see that as judging then I'm fine with that.

:thumbup:

It often seems hard to tell if these threads are going to be of any use until they've played out. While the content might be a bit hit and miss, as long as ED have taken the message on-board that's the main thing; even if they decide not to act on it.

just close it now.

My thread has been answered, we’ll wait to see if the hard push materialises In end Nov/Dec and then take stock and decide if ED can match actions to words and understands they need to act to repair the damage this episode has caused.

Edited by Arctander

Yes I am also missing regular updates but as Wags already stated, they are now working on more complex items which takes more time and that‘s why there are less updates.

Please note the Developement report on the weekend news, there you can find also some information about the current work on both the Viper and Hornet :thumbup:

Cheers

Weasel

Yes me too :) I miss them very much.

PC: i7 9700K, 32 GB RAM, RTX 2080 SUPER, Tir 5, Hotas Warthog Throttle, VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Base with VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Grip, VKB-SIM T-RUDDER PEDALS MK.IV. Modules : NEVADA, F-5E, M-2000C, BF-109K4, A-10C, FC3, P-51D, MIG-21BIS, MI-8MTV2, F-86F, FW-190D9, UH-1H, L-39, MIG-15BIS, AJS37, SPITFIRE-MKIX, AV8BNA, PERSIAN GULF, F/A-18C HORNET, YAK-52, KA-50, F-14,SA342, C-101, F-16, JF-17, Supercarrier,I-16,MIG-19P, P-47D,A-10C_II

If there isn’t enough being updated, you don’t need mini updates... *taps head*

Seriously - completely agree. Just update us on how progress is going. Give us proof that work is being done - screenshots etc...

Right now I'm happy even with:

-The TGP guy might have a HUD symbology ready in two weeks...

Or

-The TWS engineer is bringing thai food today in his tupper,

Enviado desde mi SM-G950F mediante Tapatalk

Right now I'm happy even with:

-The TGP guy might have a HUD symbology ready in two weeks...

Or

-The TWS engineer is bringing thai food today in his tupper,

Enviado desde mi SM-G950F mediante Tapatalk

Yup. Hell maybe even a screenshot of the WIP of the TGP hud symbology. Or one of the radar screen with a target locked in TWS mode, or a screenshot of the RWR showing ‘60’ next to the ‘F’

My understanding is that the "push for the hornet" means that programming won't even start until the end of this month (probably beginning of next). So if you're looking for meaningful updates, you're probably looking at mid December at the earliest with probably early new year for any major systems release. Holidays will also be a factor for the next few months which will impact development (as we saw when a one day holiday effected the release schedule)