Bf 109 K-4 Jagdflieger Campaign info - Page 2 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 08-28-2019, 03:41 AM   #11
Reflected
3rd Party Campaign Creator

@Mango, thanks a lot for the kind words. I'm really looking forward to hearing your feedback! I hope you'll enjoy it.

It's always good to hear what people think, because it not only motivates me to do more and set the bar higher, but also it reveals what you like about the missions, and what you don't. It's the only way I can improve.

"The Big Show" Spitfire Mk.IX Campaign
"Blue Nosed Bastards of Bodney" P-51D Campaign
"Jagdflieger" Bf-109K-4 Campaign
Follow my FACEBOOK PAGE for regular updates
B350 Gaming Plus / Ryzen 5 1600 X @ 3,9 / MSI GeForce GTX1070 8192 / 16 GB RAM / Samsung PM961 512 SSD / MS FFB 2 / TM Warthog throttle / Saitek ProFlight pedals / Oculus Rift CV1
Reflected is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2019, 01:25 AM   #12
Reflected

For those who struggle with performance: here's a nice playthrough video of mission 2 (one of the most demanding ones) by TheAveragePCGamer. Smooth performance, and a professionally executed head-on pass:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AtiYMbFsmgk&t=1968s

B350 Gaming Plus / Ryzen 5 1600 X @ 3,9 / MSI GeForce GTX1070 8192 / 16 GB RAM / Samsung PM961 512 SSD / MS FFB 2 / TM Warthog throttle / Saitek ProFlight pedals / Oculus Rift CV1
Old 09-20-2019, 09:57 AM   #13
tintifaxl

Nice vid, but: "Uzi 1-1 cleared to taxi" -> That hurts. Nothing you can do about it, though.
Old 09-20-2019, 10:18 AM   #14
Reflected

Quote:
Originally Posted by tintifaxl View Post
Nice vid, but: "Uzi 1-1 cleared to taxi" -> That hurts. Nothing you can do about it, though.
Yeah, that's DCS, there is no German chatter.

It's a bit demotivating, though: my experience with all my 3 campaigns have been the same: people give bad reviews and dislikes because of things well outside of my reach, such as known bugs with the planes, installation problems (usually user errors), and bad performance (also user error mostly). While I understand some of the frustration, I think it's not fair that months of hard work (hard.work.) is rewarded by negative stamps that have, in fact, nothing to do with the product in question.

See the Steam store for example. It's a "not recommended product", because there are 3 bad reviews. 2 guys have terrible FPS despite their good PCs. Instead of coming here, asking for advice (turn off wake turbulence, etc...) they mark my work as "not recommended". Yet, I can play it smoothly on my Dell G3 laptop. strange. There is another "not recommended" stamp because someone couldn't install it. There may be installation problems but they are always very supportive, and will help you get it running in no time. What does it have to do with the quality of the campaign? My Spitfire campaign's trailer was bashed because the Spitfire's windshield was too tinted back then. Surely, a sign of a bad campaign.

I'd be very grateful for negative reviews that concern my work, so that I can learn from it and make my campaigns better. But nitpicking about stock DCS features is not going to help me, nor will it motivate the devs to work faster. I'm sure they work pretty damn hard already, and they do everything in their power to squash bugs as fast as they can. Remember, I have the same kind of access to DCS as everyone else, and I have the same tools. If you have a problem with ED, don't take it out on me (and taking it out on ED is not a good idea either. Ask for help instead) . If you have a problem with my campaigns, let me know, and I'll figure out a solution by the time the next update comes.

Sorry, it wasn't adressed to you personally, more like a general comment (rant).

Last edited by Reflected; 09-20-2019 at 10:22 AM.
Old 09-20-2019, 10:58 AM   #15
tintifaxl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reflected View Post

Sorry, it wasn't adressed to you personally, more like a general comment (rant).

No offense taken.

But I can understand people who don't care if it's a DCS shortcoming or a campaign problem. The experience is the same and you take all the flak for it. WW2 is a very difficult time period for campaign creators, and I really think your decision to make a semi histirical F-86 campaign is a very wise choice. Looking very much forward to that one, btw.
Old 09-20-2019, 12:05 PM   #16
Reflected

Quote:
Originally Posted by tintifaxl View Post
No offense taken.

But I can understand people who don't care if it's a DCS shortcoming or a campaign problem. The experience is the same and you take all the flak for it. WW2 is a very difficult time period for campaign creators, and I really think your decision to make a semi histirical F-86 campaign is a very wise choice. Looking very much forward to that one, btw.
When you put it that way I guess I see your point. It's all part of their experience, a broken trigger, just like a tinted windshield.

And yeah, WWII in DCS is not an easy area. I think it's the good old half empty half full syndrome. Half empty, because DCS is not a native WWII sim, and even though there's constant adaptation (see the new DM), there may always be something modern as a leftover from the original engine (see the stock chatter). On the other hand it's half full, because we have the most realistic, study-level simulation of our favorite warbirds, which is more than I could ever have dreamed of. It has so much potential, and with my campaigns I wanted to exploit and maximize this potential.

WWII is also tricky by its nature. Big formations, impersonal, long, loooong flights, strick radio silence, unaided navigation, etc...it couldn't be further from an action packed hollywood instant action. My new Sabre campaign will take a step or two in the other direction. Shorter flights, more personal storyline, etc... I'm really looking forward to hearing the community's feedback.

And who knows, I may venture in more modern era territories afterwards *hint hint*

Old 11-09-2019, 12:15 AM   #17
Sniper175

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.c...files/2161798/

This is a must have!

Did the same with your others but with the brit voice mod

Love your campaigns, going through them again and cant wait to do them with new damage model. One question, i love your checklists you have for campaign and i fly in vr. Is their a way i can have your checklist for the ww2 birds outside of the campaigns?

Thanks

Last edited by Sniper175; 11-09-2019 at 12:18 AM.
Sniper175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2019, 03:09 AM   #18
Reflected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper175 View Post
https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.c...files/2161798/

This is a must have!

Did the same with your others but with the brit voice mod

Love your campaigns, going through them again and cant wait to do them with new damage model. One question, i love your checklists you have for campaign and i fly in vr. Is their a way i can have your checklist for the ww2 birds outside of the campaigns?

Thanks
Hi Sniper,

Thanks, I wasn't aware of that mod. Does this change the default radio chatter to German? It would indeed work very well with this campaign.

The checklist can be found in pdf format in the folder where the other documents (briefings, maps...) are. This is true for all my other campaigns as well. You can open it separately or print it.

I'm looking forward to the new DM too, that plus the new sounds, it will take the WWII experience to the next level

Old 11-12-2019, 04:06 AM   #19
Sniper175

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reflected View Post
Hi Sniper,

Thanks, I wasn't aware of that mod. Does this change the default radio chatter to German? It would indeed work very well with this campaign.

The checklist can be found in pdf format in the folder where the other documents (briefings, maps...) are. This is true for all my other campaigns as well. You can open it separately or print it.

I'm looking forward to the new DM too, that plus the new sounds, it will take the WWII experience to the next level
Yes that german speech mod changed atc calls and atc to german and other flights. Its the real deal. Using it now in your campaign and its great.