Triggered Action, Fire at Point Immovable

In Mission Editor for ground vehicle groups, a Fire at Point Triggered Action cannot be moved. Upon selecting the Fire at Point triangle icon, the group is instead selected and moved with the cursor.

This is fixed by also adding an Advanced Waypoint Action Fire at Point task. With this added, the Triggered Action Fire at Point is moveable as normal. Removing the Advanced Waypoint Action Fire at Point again creates the bug. Advanced Waypoint Action Fire at Points are always moveable (as far as I have seen).

Attached is a video recording, demonstrating the issue.

DCS 2.5.6.47404

Fire at Point Bug.zip

• 1 month later...

Cannot move a point "Fire on point" and the similar points until you select the task in the panel of tasks - fixed

This is mentioned in the DCS 2.5.6.49798 change log. I am not certain if this refers to the issue I demonstrated in my original post.

Just in case it does, I wanted to state that I am still able to reproduce the problem every time. Again, Triggered Action Fire at Point is immovable (instead moves the point's vehicle group) until an Advanced Waypoint Action Fire at Point is placed. When Advanced Waypoint Action point is removed, the problem reappears.

I was going to record another video showing the problem again but my OBS is malfunctioning. I will try further if necessary.

• ED Team

Hi please attach the mission and we will take a look.

If you have selected attack group and linked the group it will move with the group.

Fire at point seems to be working correctly for me

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2