MIDS

Legs

Can anyone tell me what this page is for and how it is we use it? Everything I've read is rather generalized so i am just curious what this page on the DDI specifically is for and i want to get a better understanding. I am aware that Link 16 is not fully complete. TIA

LEGS - JTF-13

Right now the MIDS page does nothing.

If they implement it fully it will be a necessary stop for getting Link 16 working.

What you would do here is Set up the time sync for getting into the network. If there was no NTR (Net Time Reference, think who is “hosting” the network, its not accurate but it helps to think of it that way) you could set your self as the NTR, usually NTR is handled by an AWACS or the carrier.

Also you would have to set the network terminal’s clock, either by manually entering a time, or grabbing a GPS time, and then using that to sync with the network. If there were any problems with the network, this is also where you would go to start troubleshooting it with a master reset or a couple of other steps you can take. You can also set your aircraft terminal to silent or receive only, thus you would still get data from other net players, but would not transmit anything.