Operation Exigent Riviera, part 1, last mission.

Gianky

Hello guys!

For those of you have downloaded this very nice campaign from the user subsection of the download section on DCS website, you might have noticed that mission 9, the last one, is broken.

I fixed it (I hope! :D), you can find the file at this address:

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Al5J4ARm4MqNgzm1_6Mti8qGMBT2

To see instructions on how to use the file, what I fixed, what I changed and everything else I had to say, please have a look at my post (the one starting with a big "EDIT") in the comment section of the campaign page, following the first link above.

• 3 weeks later...

Just a quick question (hopefully)....

In regards to the USN Deckcrew mod, I have downloaded it but it pops up the message saying the USN Deckcrew mod is required when I try to select the campaign, after selecting the campaign category from the main menu of DCS.

I installed the USN Deckcrew folder, with all the files contained within it - but I installed it in the game directory - i.e - E:/DCSopenbeta/mods/tech/USN Deckcrew (not exactly correct path but think it gets the point across).

Does it need to be installed in the C:/ under saved games? There is currently no DCS folder under the saved games in the C:/ drive, but I intentionally installed DCS on my second SSD hard drive to have only DCS on that drive and help with keeping things separate..

Not sure if my question/post makes sense - but would really like to play this campaign, along with a couple others that require the USN Deckcrew mod - but so far have been unable to do so with this issue being the culprit for all.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated, and happy to try and clarify anything if my question was not clear in any way.

Cheers,

Don

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

Just a quick question (hopefully)....

In regards to the USN Deckcrew mod, I have downloaded it but it pops up the message saying the USN Deckcrew mod is required when I try to select the campaign, after selecting the campaign category from the main menu of DCS.

I installed the USN Deckcrew folder, with all the files contained within it - but I installed it in the game directory - i.e - E:/DCSopenbeta/mods/tech/USN Deckcrew (not exactly correct path but think it gets the point across).

Does it need to be installed in the C:/ under saved games? There is currently no DCS folder under the saved games in the C:/ drive, but I intentionally installed DCS on my second SSD hard drive to have only DCS on that drive and help with keeping things separate..

Not sure if my question/post makes sense - but would really like to play this campaign, along with a couple others that require the USN Deckcrew mod - but so far have been unable to do so with this issue being the culprit for all.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated, and happy to try and clarify anything if my question was not clear in any way.

Cheers,

Don

Hi, I've installed it in the following path (with different mod name folder):

Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\mods\tech\US Navy Equipment

nothing in the main game folder.

everything seems working fine, I tried to load this specific mission, and no warning message with deck crew ok.

let me know

that's the mod https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3301580/?sphrase_id=19454114

Edited by pokeraccio
mod file link

Well unfortunately, still have the same issue after putting it under the c:\users\***\saved games\DCS.openbeta\Mods\Tech\USN-Deckcrew

Any other ideas?

643FF1F1-CB72-480A-9246-5379BFC3211C.thumb.jpg.047a6f23691bd03f3fb688e2810e7464.jpg

Edited by Ziptie

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

Well unfortunately, still have the same issue after putting it under the c:\users\***\saved games\DCS.openbeta\Mods\Tech\USN-Deckcrew

Any other ideas?

Try to change the mod folder name “USN-Deckcrew” with the one I wrote

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just did that, also no luck. Is it an issue having the main DCS folder on a different drive maybe?

Cheers,

Don

Hey there daarseth!

Stupid question, since you said you didn't have any folder under C:\Saved games: did you make your own? If so, try not to call it DCS.openbeta, but just DCS; my mod is installed under C:\Users\MyNameHere\Saved Games\DCS\Mods\tech And, as pokeraccio stated, the correct name of the mod folder, now, it's "US Navy Equipment" (without quotation marks, of course).

Failing that, I'd try to contact gwdope on this page (he doesn't have a forum account), or the Navy equipment mod author on this page and ask for their help.

Edited by Gianky
corrected typo

Hey there daarseth!

Stupid question, since you said you didn't have any folder under C:\Saved games: did you make your own? If so, try not to call it DCS.openbeta, but just DCS; my mod is installed under C:\Users\MyNameHere\Saved Games\DCS\Mods\tech And, as pokeraccio stated, the correct name of the mod folder, now, it's "US Navy Equipment" (without quotation marks, of course).

Failing that, I'd try to contact gwdope on this page (he doesn't have a forum account), or the Navy equipment mod author on this page and ask for their help.

Hmmm, think I might have tried USN Navy Equipment rather than US Navy Equipment. I’ll try the latter one. The folder was already there in saved games as “DCS.Openbeta” - I tried changing it to DCS World OpenBeta but it acted like I needed to sign in again when opening DCS and stated that my modules were all unavailable (probably because I didn’t sign in).

I will try renaming the folder as the other member stated (correctly this time :doh: ) and report back.

Cheers,

Don

No luck. Even tried putting it in the core mods folder. No more ideas on my side, will fly other missions until a solution is uncovered.

Cheers,

Don

• 2 weeks later...

OERmissionP1-04.miz (OER PART1-v1.2 (2))

At the start of the 4th mission - just such a message!!

YOU: " Focus, Enfield 8-2 has been hit !" :doh:

When I destroed submarine, after - UZI: “Area cleared, Uzi 1-1 is RTB.” I waited 30 minutes - silence !

Miss4.JPG.77ae9fb42179c042dcf4bc211fabb6c2.JPG

Edited by SMN

Окурок, выброшенный в урну, гораздо патриотичнее флажочка на автомобиле

TM Wartrhog Stick + VPC MongoosT-50Base + VPC TMW Extension 150mm / TM Wartrhog Throttle / CH Pro Pedals / 2-VPC Deck Mount / TrackIR5/

i5-10600K Over to 5.0MHz/32GbDD4-3200/RTX4070/System-SSD1 DCS-SSD2/32" 2560x1440

• 4 weeks later...
No luck. Even tried putting it in the core mods folder. No more ideas on my side, will fly other missions until a solution is uncovered.

Cheers,

Don

Hi Don, I was looking inside my savedgame DCS folder the other day and I realized that I got this situation:

\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\mods\tech

I got both deck crew folders... the old one and the new one (I believe)

\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\mods\tech\NavyEquipment

and

\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\mods\tech\US Navy Equipment

so, I do not know if this make sense, but maybe they are both needed for some mission to work, see the attached pics so to you to double check it.

bye

NavyEquipment.jpg.ff0fa3c7c4cbf907a5b1480ed60c48ec.jpg

NavyEquipment_2.jpg.65bede2d43fc52168139fb648bef041e.jpg

251777786_USNavyEquipment.jpg.789b307b038534681eaf85c898524e6c.jpg

402624388_USNavyEquipment_2.jpg.5efae101388c3a49982faacd5ff047d6.jpg

OERmissionP1-04.miz (OER PART1-v1.2 (2))

At the start of the 4th mission - just such a message!!

YOU: " Focus, Enfield 8-2 has been hit !" :doh:

When I destroed submarine, after - UZI: “Area cleared, Uzi 1-1 is RTB.” I waited 30 minutes - silence !

It is necessary to attack the submarine KILO after - UZI: "Overlord, Uzi 1-1, we are IP inbound." !! I did it before icon_sad.png it was my problem

:thumbup::thumbup:

Окурок, выброшенный в урну, гораздо патриотичнее флажочка на автомобиле

TM Wartrhog Stick + VPC MongoosT-50Base + VPC TMW Extension 150mm / TM Wartrhog Throttle / CH Pro Pedals / 2-VPC Deck Mount / TrackIR5/

i5-10600K Over to 5.0MHz/32GbDD4-3200/RTX4070/System-SSD1 DCS-SSD2/32" 2560x1440

• 2 weeks later...

Excellent campaign! However I’m stuck at mission 3. Acter reaching WP2 I’m directed to the tanker but then immediately retasked to investigate two burning ships. Upon arriviing on scene I deal with the SAM threat and then orbit over the ships as instructed, however nothing happens after I orbit there. Friendly helo and frigatte arrivw to their stations, but nothing else happens. Am I supposed to get to the tanker and then WP3 or is some trigger broken by the latest stable patch?

Excellent campaign! However I’m stuck at mission 3. Acter reaching WP2 I’m directed to the tanker but then immediately retasked to investigate two burning ships. Upon arriviing on scene I deal with the SAM threat and then orbit over the ships as instructed, however nothing happens after I orbit there. Friendly helo and frigatte arrivw to their stations, but nothing else happens. Am I supposed to get to the tanker and then WP3 or is some trigger broken by the latest stable patch?

You have to destroy the SA-11 launchers and radar for the mission to move on. Just to be on the safe side, since you have enough weapons, kill all vehicles that make up the SA-11 group.

You have to destroy the SA-11 launchers and radar for the mission to move on. Just to be on the safe side, since you have enough weapons, kill all vehicles that make up the SA-11 group.

:doh: I don’t know why this hasn’t occured to me, makes perfect sense!

Thanks!

Edited by Hornetone

Hi Don, I was looking inside my savedgame DCS folder the other day and I realized that I got this situation:

\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\mods\tech

I got both deck crew folders... the old one and the new one (I believe)

\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\mods\tech\NavyEquipment

and

\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\mods\tech\US Navy Equipment

so, I do not know if this make sense, but maybe they are both needed for some mission to work, see the attached pics so to you to double check it.

bye

Thanks very much for that. I will check into that after flying with the fellas tomorrow.

Cheers,

Don

Coordinates

Hi.

I got a problem with JDACs in Mission 2.

When I contacted the frist JDAC (Whiplash11) I got the info [6. Coordinates: ]DP278608

I made a WP out of the lat/log coordinates provides by magic and made that into a WP and target-designated that. I then dropped the GBU-12 onto that WP and the Laser guided it to the target.

At the second Target from Axeman I used the JDAM (since I did not see info what weapon was preferred) on the WP offered before. Again lat/log-coordinates.

In the 9-line from JDAC (Axeman11) the info was [6. Coordinates: ]DP221511

DP221511 seems to me MGRS-Data, but 15-11 would be pretty unprecise, since that would mean 15km on x-axis and 11km on y-axis.

Can anyone give me help, what coordinates to use and if MGRS is needed how to input it? I thought, that was not implemented yet.

By the way the JDAM missed its target from the offered WP-data and I got by a SAM...

Hey Wali!

I'm not home at the moment, so I'll check that later, but if I recall correctly, the second target you're passed by JTACs is a group of insurgents you have to attack with guns; Axeman should ask specifically for that, the target is marked by white smoke.

Anyway, gimme a couple of hours and I'll double check that.

Hey Wali!

I'm not home at the moment, so I'll check that later, but if I recall correctly, the second target you're passed by JTACs is a group of insurgents you have to attack with guns; Axeman should ask specifically for that, the target is marked by white smoke.

Anyway, gimme a couple of hours and I'll double check that.

Hi and thx.

When I went in with the gun the SA went my way.... :-)

On the other hand, dont have Jdams a 3 min warmuptime? I guess I ignored that. Hence the inaccuracy...

Anyway: those coordinates from the JDAC are of no importance, right?

One more thing: great campaign up to now. I learned quite a lot from it besides the fun.

Yes, guns for the Axeman mission.

JDAM do have a "warmup", but it's actually an alignment time, but it will let you drop even if it hasn't sufficiently aligned (hence the inaccuracy). Also note in the Axeman JTAC mission I think those co-ordinates are likely for the friendly infantry :( (green smoke). Your actual target is some distance/direction from the WP (white phosphorus - white smoke) that the friendlies fire at the enemy -- the direction/distance from that is final correction since they might not hit the enemy precisely with the WP and will be provided by the JTAC.

I highly recommend this mod for getting Lat/Long co-ordinates directly from JTAC: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=228750&highlight=mgrs

It makes life a lot simpler than having to convert MGRS yourself :)

Thx for the link. That really helped.

One thing is still strange for me though.

When I put in the coordinates on the UFC (dd:mm:ss), the data of the WP in the MPCD is displayed in dd:mm,mm.

The strange thing is, that even the format of the WP is mm and decimal-minutes its still the same numbers as entered above. So E 56:16:40 on the UFC becomes E 56:16,40 on the MPCD which is quite a bit different. From what Ive seen and read the ss should be recalculated into ,mm.

Plz see attached pic where I reenter the lat-data because I put in 52 instead of 54 in the ss-section.

So either the recalculation is not done at all or the format shown on the MPCD is wrong for showinga a "," instead of a ":"

Or the data should be entered in dd:mm,mm in the first place, but then the mod would only help half way.

Pic.thumb.jpg.7c8a1ae48c2a09489aa683020f89f8b6.jpg

Assuming you're using the correct version of the mod, it should be showing you DDMM.MMMM. From the co-ordinates you've listed here it looks correct (but if it's not giving you the thousands of a minute, swap to the other file).

What you're entering in the UFC is DD MM.MM (not DD MM SS). That's why it's not changing between the UFC and MPCD. If you press the OSB for "PRECISE" (OSB 19 or 20, can't remember which) before you pick UFC, it will let you enter the DD MM, then after you press enter it will come up to let you enter the .MMMM part.

Long story short, as long as you're getting 8 digit coordinates and enter them fully it's all working the way it should. HOWEVER, the AWACS controller will only give you 6 digit coordinates (i.e. the E56 13 05), only the JTAC will give you the thousands of a minute too (all 8 digits)

I'm not going to comment on the format questions re: "," vs ";" as I don't feel qualified to answer that. :)

EDIT TO ABOVE: after flying tonight, I see that the JTAC mod claims to be giving seconds. Not sure if that's just a mistake in how it's showing or which is wrong, but ENTERING what the JTAC mod gives as DD MM.MMMM seems to work anyway. So I feel even less qualified to explain, but it does work anyway :unsure:

Edited by rob10