Changing the Pilot Helmet

Elwood_Blues

Hello,

Is there a way to change the pilot helmet to my custom skinned Tomcat Helmet?

I can skin, but I cannot find the default code to have my helmet spawn on my pilot. It seems there is a default regardless of the true/false statement.

Any guidance/help is appreciated.

Elwood

My personal Hornet Helmets don´t work now. Don´t now which lines to rectify in the lua file. ED changed the way it´s written i guess :/

- "Don't be John Wayne in the Break if you´re going to be Jerry Lewis on the Ball".

About carrier ops: "The younger pilots are still quite capable of holding their heads forward against the forces. The older ones have been doing this too long and know better; sore necks make for poor sleep.'

PC: I7 4790K 4.6ghz | 32GB RAM | Zotac GTX 1080Ti 11Gb DDR5x | Water cooler NZXT AIO Kraken x53 | 3.5TB (x4 SSD´s) | Valve Index| Andre´s JeatSeat.

The texture template changed. If you open the default textures, you'll see how the new helmet works.

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

I have been looking..where is this file located??
In the zip located at: DCS\CoreMods\aircraft\FA-18C\Textures\

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-

Btw, don't alter the default texture there, just copy it and include it in your skin. It's better if you don't change anything in CoreMods if you can avoid it.

-

Btw, don't alter the default texture there, just copy it and include it in your skin. It's better if you don't change anything in CoreMods if you can avoid it.

Yes, i know. I always edit/create my helmets in my liveries at saved games dcs folder. Thank you.

The only thing i change in coremods with ogvme was a mod just to stow/unstow the boarding ladder, but of course now it´s not possilble.

Best regards.

F.

- "Don't be John Wayne in the Break if you´re going to be Jerry Lewis on the Ball".

About carrier ops: "The younger pilots are still quite capable of holding their heads forward against the forces. The older ones have been doing this too long and know better; sore necks make for poor sleep.'

PC: I7 4790K 4.6ghz | 32GB RAM | Zotac GTX 1080Ti 11Gb DDR5x | Water cooler NZXT AIO Kraken x53 | 3.5TB (x4 SSD´s) | Valve Index| Andre´s JeatSeat.