Curvature of the Earth

tom1502

And in that vain I have managed to fall through an aircraft carrier, through the ocean, through the blackness and into space all that whilst trying to land inside an open portal on an aircraft carrier in a Gazelle. :D

Control is an illusion which usually shatters at the least expected moment.

Gazelle Mini-gun version is endorphins with rotors. See above.

Currently rolling with a Asus Z390 Prime, 9600K, 32GB RAM, SSD, 2080Ti and Windows 10Pro, Rift CV1. bu0836x and Scratch Built Pedals, Collective and Cyclic.

DCS NASA re-search has just solved that the DCS world is round you can close the thread now :smartass:

attachment.php?attachmentid=203116&stc=1&d=1548501229

Go away it's lens distortion. :P :D

Currently rolling with a Asus Z390 Prime, 9600K, 32GB RAM, SSD, 2080Ti and Windows 10Pro, Rift CV1. bu0836x and Scratch Built Pedals, Collective and Cyclic.

r/noearthsociety holds the only truth in this debate. Earth is neither flat, nor round, it simply doesn't exist.

Although I always thought the Dinosaur earth theorists had some quite compelling arguments...

DcV-q2kWkAEj5M2.jpg

9./JG27

"If you can't hit anything, it's because you suck. If you get shot down, it's because you suck. You and me, we know we suck, and that makes it ok." - Worst person in all of DCS

"In the end, which will never come, we will all be satisifed... we must fight them on forum, we will fight them on reddit..." - Dunravin

DCS NASA re-search has just solved that the DCS world is round you can close the thread now :smartass:

attachment.php?attachmentid=203116&stc=1&d=1548501229

You miss the wider perspective....

g86qe.jpg

F/A-18, F-16, F-14, M-2000C, A-10C, AV-8B, AJS-37 Viggen, F-5E-3, F-86F, MiG-21bis, MiG-15bis, L-39 Albatros, C-101 Aviojet, P-51D, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Bf 109 4-K, UH-1H, Mi-8, Ka-50, NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf... and not enough time to fully enjoy it all

Turtles all the way down,.. :D

Still and all it's lens distortion clearly, I mean I get it on my 8 to 12mm FF all the time. :thumbup:

• 4 years later...
  • ED Team
12 minutes ago, skywalker22 said:

Just wondering, if this has changed anything, with new maps, specially now with Sinai.

We have not made any changes to the principles of how maps are rendered, calculations made in the sim account for the curvature already. 

The whole earth map is being developed for later which will have true curvature. 

thank you

• Like 3

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

I wonder what the discount will be, when you purchased all the terrains till the whole earth map dlc arrives. 😇

Specs:WIN10, I7-4790K, ASUS RANGER VII, 16GB G.Skill DDR3, GEFORCE 1080, NVME SSD, SSD, VIRPIL T-50 THROTTLE, K-51 COLLECTIVE, MS FFB2 (CH COMBATSTICK MOD), MFG CROSSWINDS, JETPAD, RIFT S

Modules:A10C, AH-64D, AJS-37, AV8B, BF109K4, CA, F/A18C, F14, F5EII, F86F, FC3, FW190A8, FW190D9, KA50, L39, M2000C, MI8TV2, MI24P, MIG15BIS, MIG19P, MIG21BIS, MIRAGE F1, P51D, SA342, SPITFIRE, UH1H, NORMANDY, PERSIAN GULF, CHANNEL, SYRIA

Thrustmaster TWCS Afterburner Detent
https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=223776

My Frankenwinder ffb2 stick

49 minutes ago, BIGNEWY said:

We have not made any changes to the principles of how maps are rendered, calculations made in the sim account for the curvature already. 

The whole earth map is being developed for later which will have true curvature. 

thank you

Thank you for clarification.

So there is a progress on the whole earth 3d model (as MSFS 2020). Amazing news.

Look at past me using math and stuff. I definitely googled those formulas, cause I understand exactly zero of what past me said. Unless... future me is dumbing down. Bet it was the vaccine what did me in.

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

On 3/13/2018 at 7:24 PM, Mars Exulte said:

The only place this really becomes relevant, for practical purposes, is on the ocean where the "terrain" is uniformly flat for hundreds of miles, but we have only a sliver of water in Normandy, a portion of a sea isolated to the western third of the map in Georgia, and eventually part of the Persian Gulf, which is apt to likewise make up a relatively small portion of the environment.

Finally we have Marianas but the curvature will still be fun on any map - looking from low alt through targeting pods at the disappearing ships over horizon at tens of miles 😉

🖥️ Win10 i7-10700KF 32GB RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M HOTAS   ✈️ FC3, F-14A/B, F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR, PG, Syria

15 hours ago, erniedaoage said:

I wonder what the discount will be, when you purchased all the terrains till the whole earth map dlc arrives. 😇

well when you calculate it down to the price per km^2 for a map I don't think it would make much of a difference 😂

Aircrafts: F/A-18C, F-14 A/B, F-15E, JF-17, F-16C, A-10C II, AH-64D, Black Shark 3,  Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, FW 190-D, Spitfire LF Mk.,  FC3 + some mods 🙂

Maps: Caucasus, Persian Gulf, Syria, South Atlantic, Sinai, Nevada, The Channel, Normandy 2.0

Packages: Supercruiser, Combined Arms, WW2 Asset Pack

System: AMD Ryzen 5 1600x@3.70GHz, 32GB Ram, Sapphire Radeon RX 580, Samsung 870 Evo 1TB SSD, Win10Pro 64 Bit, 2x24" BENQ

Equipment: TM Warthog HOTAS, TM TRP Pedals, Total Control Multi Button Box, TM MFD Cougar, TrackIR5 with TrackClipPro