Syrian and Afghan theatre of operations confirmed!

WHOGX5

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

caucasus, syria, persian gulf and afghanistan

Very nice list of future maps creating a very large area to fly in.

V nice!

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate as standard. OpenXR user, Open XR tool kit disabled. Open XR was a massive upgrade for me.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC at the mo. MT user  (2 - 5 fps gain). DCS run at 60Hz.

Vaicom user. Thrustmaster warthog user. MFG pedals with damper upgrade.... and what an upgrade! Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height with brail enhancements to ensure 100% button activation in VR.. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.... you know when you are dropping into VRS with this bad boy.

I am sorry, I don't allow. How is this Avia-TS connected to DCS now ? They are suppliers of professional grade simulators for Mi8/17.

I guess maybe you'll be able to tell to make a more informed comment about whether there's any connection when you get to compare ground assets between that video and the new maps..

My assumption would be same assets, shared source, different assets, different source.

Cheers.

Looking forward to both of these maps!

PC: ASROCK Z370 Gaming K6 | Intel i7 8700K | GeForce 2080TI | 32GB GeSkill 3200 RAM | GeForce 2080TI | 500GB Samsung 850 EVO M.2 | 1TB Samsung 860 EVO M.2

FLIGHT STUFF: Rift S | Warthog Base | Virpil Base | Hornet Grip | A-10 Grip | Cougar Grip | Virpil F-14 Grip | Cougar MFD's | A-10C UFC | Saitek Flight Panels | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals

Maps are spaced out, I would assume due to manpower, dev cycles, and to build hype around the coming releases. With the Persian Gulf map on our doorstep, there is no reason to expect news, updates or progress on these other maps, other than that they are lined up to be done later. Don't expect news on these maps for many months yet.

This thread has quieted down a little since announcement, is there any new news guys?

Likely not going to Hear anything about new theatres until Persian Gulf is done.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

But which 350km square regions of either? Because it's a lot of sand and rock with nothing really focal unless you put the key airbases in the centre. Straits of Hormuz is really good for focus on a map. I don't see either of these new offerings catching that key part.

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

My vote goes for Kandahar and KAF.

Edit: This is "Air and Ground" vs "Ground" territory. (Maybe Syria somewhat less so.)

How many airfields do you need for CAS? Nothing stopping anyone from using those two maps for CAP, but there are (soon to be) four maps for that.

Edited by cordite
forgot about nttr

• ED Team
What about that in today's newsletter: "Currently, Urga Media (the developer) is occupied with their Syria map. However, once the Syria map is complete, we will discuss with them further improvements to the Normandy map like use of speedtrees."

Something for us or aimed at the professionals?

If its in the newsletter its aimed at you guys ;)

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

My vote goes for Kandahar and KAF.

Edit: This is "Air and Ground" vs "Ground" territory. (Maybe Syria somewhat less so.)

How many airfields do you need for CAS? Nothing stopping anyone from using those two maps for CAP, but there are (soon to be) three maps for that.

I wish they do Jalalabad, so we can represent the Kunnar offensives by the Soviets.

I don't understand anything in russian except Davai Davai!

Late to the party, but IT'S ABOUT DAMN TIME!!! I've been saying for years ED needs to develop theaters where the U.S. is most likely to be militarily involved, not just the Russians.

I'm looking forward most to the Syrian theater. If, at some point, it can be combined with the Persian Gulf map, we could simulate real-world warfare to the max!

I'm less excited about Afghanistan, though with the F-14 coming out, we can re-create the many sorties flown by the Tomcat, especially during the 2001 invasion, accompanied by the long flights from carriers in the North Arabian Sea.

I also hope we get RAF Akrotiri, Cyprus and Muwaffaq Salti Air Base, Jordan

Edited by CheckGear