Why not more map development?

Boris

Veao did not complete a single module of the dozens they announced.....I would not expect nothing from them.

• CPU : Intel i7 8700k@5.0ghz cooled by Noctua NH-D15 / Motherboard:Asorck Z370 Taichi / RAM: 32GB GSkill TridentZ @3600mhz / SSD: 500GB Nvme Samsung 970 evo+1 TB Sabrent Nvme M2 / GPU:Asus Strix OC 2080TI / Monitor: LG 34KG950F Ultrawide / Trackir 5 proclip/ VIRPIL CM2 BASE + CM2 GRIP + F148 GRIP + 200M EXTENSION /VKB T-Rudder MKIV rudder /Case: Fractal Design R6 Define black

yep, Razbam is doing very well!!

• CPU : Intel i7 8700k@5.0ghz cooled by Noctua NH-D15 / Motherboard:Asorck Z370 Taichi / RAM: 32GB GSkill TridentZ @3600mhz / SSD: 500GB Nvme Samsung 970 evo+1 TB Sabrent Nvme M2 / GPU:Asus Strix OC 2080TI / Monitor: LG 34KG950F Ultrawide / Trackir 5 proclip/ VIRPIL CM2 BASE + CM2 GRIP + F148 GRIP + 200M EXTENSION /VKB T-Rudder MKIV rudder /Case: Fractal Design R6 Define black

They've been hinting--sometimes very loudly--at this for some time now; years. I absolutely love that they are putting an entire environment together - map, aircraft, ships - all era correct ... it's just awesome. Maybe they'll get me out of my tail-dragger yet :D

When you hit the wrong button on take-off

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D PSU: Corsair HX1200 PSU Monitor: ASUS MG279Q, 27"
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1

Looks like Razbam just announced a new map in the works:

https://www.facebook.com/RazbamSims/photos/a.316309961788982.75719.316077818478863/1740430216043609/?type=3

As well as a F-15 and Mig-23 module ;)

Great news

I wonder how long would take, to release a new map.

More than one year?

I9 12900k@ 5 GHz | 32 GB DDR4 | Asus ROG  Strix Z690-A Gaming Wifi d4| RTX 3090 | 6 TB SSD + 8 TB HDD | 4K Samsung Q90R 55" | VKB MK III PRO L | Virpil Throttle MONGOOST-50 | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR5

• 1 month later...

Any news about this?

I9 12900k@ 5 GHz | 32 GB DDR4 | Asus ROG  Strix Z690-A Gaming Wifi d4| RTX 3090 | 6 TB SSD + 8 TB HDD | 4K Samsung Q90R 55" | VKB MK III PRO L | Virpil Throttle MONGOOST-50 | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR5

RAZBAM has put info on your FB channel about the map assets some weeks ago, but actually, dont show more info about the map in self.

https://www.facebook.com/RazbamSims/

Meanwhile Wags tell yesterday the Persian Gulf map size has complete and now move to the new map in develop. waiting news to late 2018.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3572895&postcount=1

Ugla media dont show any info about the Syria map develop, Heatblur maps and Magnitude 3 planned status are unknown. Others 3rd party or teams not put any info if them has working on new maps.

• 3 months later...
Just more terrains please, 4 maps is way to slow for such an old game. Thx

Old? The last "update" was on 2017 with PBR technology and coming Dx12 and Vulcan on a combat simulator with 4 Theatres on 5 years (DCS World was release on 2012) and have in continue update and improve. 2 Maps has in progress and other more can coming.

There are already some 3rd party devs working on maps:

VEAO

- Duxford (test development map)

- North Africa – Tubruq

- Mach Loop – Welsh Valleys

Leatherneck Studios

- Viggen Map

- Iwo Jima (Corsair Map)

- Tomcat Map

I think it's no coincidence that with VEAO and LNS the two most professional 3rd party developers (apart from Belsimtek, which is more like a 2nd party developer wink.gif) have taken on the task to create maps. Map creation in DCS is still pretty new and surely requires some effort to do. An effort which might be too big for the smaller 3rd party devs atm. If you read what the VEAO and LNS guys say in the forums (and other places) about their map creation efforts then you get an impression that this is something completly new and difficult to get into.

What happened to these maps lol ?

What happened to these maps lol ?

VEAO has stepped back from all their DCS work except of the Hawk and the Curtiss P-40F. So all there maps have been canceled.

Leatherneck did split up into Magnitude 3 and Heatblur. Magnitude 3 is working on the F4U Corsair and they also hinted recently that they might be working on a map, which might be the Iwo Jima map. Heatblur on the other hand took the Viggen and the Tomcat with them and have said they still want to make maps for those aircraft, although there isn't anything more they could say about it atm.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg