Syrian and Afghan theatre of operations confirmed!

WHOGX5

That third party made Bagram air base IIRC, right? the map covered only that tiny part or expanded in any direction? Any idea how big that map is and which area covered?

I don't understand anything in russian except Davai Davai!

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Incirlik please yess

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

More sand!! :thumbup::pilotfly:
Despite having desert, Syria might be greener than thought at first glance.

S!

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice

Despite having desert, Syria might be greener than thought at first glance.

S!

Syria and the entire Middle East actually has varied terrain, you are correct. It's really Iraq and the Gulf Arab countries that are mostly desert.

More sand!! :thumbup::pilotfly:

most likely north west of the syria will be made and this region is not desert like nevada or dubai

yeni-hedef-tepeden-gorundu-son-dakika-afrin-haberleri-1517297506.png

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

• 1 month later...

Something I enjoyed very much years ago and did a good job ta boot was Janes IAF, a fantastic sim from what I remember. I think that this region Syria, Iraq, Turkey, Cyprus, Jordan, KSA, Israel & the Lebanon could be a golden ticket for ED to encompass wide ranging generations of aircraft on one map. Allow simmers to recreate conflicts of past and not so long ago. The thought of joining the maps is an interesting one also I'm guessing the whole project might take a lot of resources over a long period of time.

PS Would love to see Mirage III & Apache come online, great machines indeed and both suited to this area of ops.

• 1 month later...
Afghanistan alone is going to be so worth it... Russo-Afghan war in the '80s, and the US in the '00s.

We can use a lot of DCS inventory in those alone. And, the Mi-24 will be right at home there. :thumbup:

I could of sworn there were other allies involved in Afghanistan? If I recall we lost a few hundred soldiers!

Desktop PC:

Intel i7 14700K, MSI Z790 MAG Tomahawk MOBO, 64Gb RAM , GPU Nvidia RTX 3080ti

Windows 11, VPC joystick, Crosswind rudder peddles, HP Reverb G2, VPC Collective, DOF Reality H2, Gametrix seat, WinWing panels.

• 2 weeks later...

I wonder...

As the title says, here is a direct quote from Wags 2.5 update:

Both are quite troubled, with Civil War in Syria and War on Terror in Afghanistan, I wonder though, will DCS actually present these in war time, with years of destruction behind these regions. Military installations, battle wrecks, combat outposts etc, or will it be rather same as with current maps - peaceful and undisturbed..

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

Both are quite troubled, with Civil War in Syria and War on Terror in Afghanistan, I wonder though, will DCS actually present these in war time, with years of destruction behind these regions. Military installations, battle wrecks, combat outposts etc, or will it be rather same as with current maps - peaceful and undisturbed..

I think "peaceful" and "undisturbed." We should have the permanent military installations, but battle wrecks, combat outposts, etc., are ultimately temporary, plus it's less work to build an unmolested map. Besides, it's our job as players to bring the destruction. :devil_2:

I'm really looking forward to a Syria map so I can simulate playing missions as an F/A-18C pilot during Inherent Resolve.

In the mission editor, there is a trigger where you can make a city or village show damage etc. Same goes for static objects and such, you can set them as destroyed. You also can create fires and the smoke billowing up into the air from them.

I know all of that, thanks

In the mission editor, there is a trigger where you can make a city or village show damage etc. Same goes for static objects and such, you can set them as destroyed. You also can create fires and the smoke billowing up into the air from them.

Yes, this isn't what I was referring to really.

Well, I am looking forward to it, and yet I feel this is going to be aesthetically similar to current Persian Gulf map, unless countries involved are pulated with all applicable units on the ground and in the air.

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

• 1 month later...
I think "peaceful" and "undisturbed." We should have the permanent military installations, but battle wrecks, combat outposts, etc., are ultimately temporary, plus it's less work to build an unmolested map. Besides, it's our job as players to bring the destruction. :devil_2:

I'm really looking forward to a Syria map so I can simulate playing missions as an F/A-18C pilot during Inherent Resolve.

Nopes Bro. Peace is our hobby, :thumbup:

:megalol:

I agree, especially since I was deployed there three years ago launching A-10s against ISIS into Syria.

Inded, and not just the US used Incirlik for that purpose, but also other NATO countries like Germany (you might have seen german Tornados operating from there when you were there?). So Incirlik is a pretty important base for NATO and should be included in a syrian map.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Inded, and not just the US used Incirlik for that purpose, but also other NATO countries like Germany (you might have seen german Tornados operating from there when you were there?). So Incirlik is a pretty important base for NATO and should be included in a syrian map.

Germany, Spain, Oman, Saudi Arabia, to name a few, were there the same time as me.