Voice Message

Hello All

New to mission building but cannot find anywhere on how to get your. Visual message to Voice. When triggered. Like when the tanker is on station you get voice and the visual. Ive seen 2 videos on you tube but real quick and dont explain to much on how and where it goes how its triggered and such.

I also found a morse generator to try and add some alert times. But cant figure how to get in mission builder. Sorry if these are dumb but ive searched all thru formula and you tube.

Edited by Backdraft

The AI tanker will automaticaly report when its on station, on the frequency the tanker its at. and you have to check "allow Comms" (or something.)

appart from that you can use your own custom text message using triggers.

Trigger name-----Condition (i.e. Group is in zone) where group is the tanker and you put a trigger zone in the on station area)---------- and the trigger can be "Send Message to....." this can be group, coalition, all, country, depending on who you want to read the message.

Also you can add your own custom Audio file (for voice audio) using "Send Sound to..."

So your trigger would be

Name trigger............Unit Inside Zone................Send Message to Coalition

.....................................................................Send Sound to Coalition

A.K.A. Timon -117th- in game

DCS supports .WAV and .OGG files.

As Alfredo says, you can use any condition to trigger these files to play. Your options are SOUND TO ALL, SOUND TO COALITION, SOUND TO COUNTRY, and SOUND TO GROUP if memory serves.

If you're looking for anything other than the previously mentioned canned AI messages, you'll need to record them yourself using a program such as Audacity and create conditions under which they will play in the Mission Editor.

Ok guys I did the trigger.And nothing still. I want the message to pop when the F-15' taking off pass thru. Take off(trigger)...coalition part of zone(condition)... Welcome to the Show!! This is Magic I am your controller for this op period. Check Freqs, and flights leads check in when ready. Magic out.(Action,Transmission to Coalition). But nothing happens I've changed to 2 minutes later and still nothing.

Ok guys I did the trigger.And nothing still. I want the message to pop when the F-15' taking off pass thru. Take off(trigger)...coalition part of zone(condition)... Welcome to the Show!! This is Magic I am your controller for this op period. Check Freqs, and flights leads check in when ready. Magic out.(Action,Transmission to Coalition). But nothing happens I've changed to 2 minutes later and still nothing.

You Want the message with Audio?

DCS is uncapable of using AI voice for custom audios. I.e. You cant tell with text what you want the AI to Say with voice.

To archive this you will need a recorded audio file.

In you mission Change your ACTION

from Transmission to Coalition--------- To Message to Coalition.

Type your message and you will see the text.

If you want Audio, also Add another Action "PLay sound to Coalition"

And choose a custom .ogg or .wav (sound) files.

Again you will need to provide the recording yourself

A.K.A. Timon -117th- in game