Caucasus Tour: South

Ironhand

I know a few of you have been patiently waiting for this. And I thank you for your patience. This is the first of two tours. It covers the southern part of the DCS World 2.5 Caucasus map. It's a travelogue of sorts comparing the sim map to some of what really exists in this part of the world. And, hopefully, it’ll allow you to sample a bit of the area's real-world "flavor". As in the Crimean Tour from years ago, nothing goes “boom”.

We start in Batumi and travel to Kutaisi before visiting the cinder cones of the Abul-Samsari Range. After that, it's on to Tbilisi where we pick up and follow the Military Road up through the Jvari Pass to the road’s Russian border crossing and beyond. The trip ends at Sukhumi-Babushara. Hope at least some of you enjoy it.

Once it's finished, the northern tour will continue on from Sukhumi-Babushara and cover the northern part of the map.

Edited by Ironhand

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

Thank you Ironhand!

Your fps seems very good, can you share your game settings?

I have similar system with yours

Sure. I'll post a screenshot later. I don't remember what they are. Haven't paid attention to them in awhile.

Very well done and informative, thanks!

Do you have that mission uploaded so we can fly that route ourselves and check it out?

I have the mission but need to revisit it before I upload it. Among other things I should remove the Civil Aircraft Mod elements.

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

nice work! i really enjoyed this on my long commute home today!

ASUS Tuf Gaming Pro x570 / AMD Ryzen 7 5800X @ 3.8 / XFX Radeon 6900 XT / 64 GB DDR4 3200 

"This was not in the Manual I did not read", cried the Noob" - BMBM, WWIIOL

Thank you Ironhand!

Your fps seems very good, can you share your game settings?

I have similar system with yours

They say one picture is worth a 1000 words...

attachment.php?attachmentid=182897&stc=1&d=1524302181

Besides, I can't remember sh!t. I also need to mention that I have my 3D settings in the Nvidia Control Panel set to "factory default". Before doing that, my TIR was jerky as hell. After setting it to factory default, it's been silky smooth. And, quite honestly, there's not enough difference (before and after) in the way the sim looks for me to notice.

Screen_180420_180951.thumb.jpg.08637ba0c74a32e8db183fb6ee795851.jpg

_____

First, thank you all. Glad you enjoyed it.

Very well done and informative, thanks!

Do you have that mission uploaded so we can fly that route ourselves and check it out?

Nice job Ironhand, now eagerly waiting for the mission.

Thanks

I uploaded it to Eagle's website for downloads but, it says it needs to be reviewed before it'll be made available. Have no idea how long the process takes.

So I've attached it to this post.

DCS World 2.5 Caucasus Tour-SOUTH-Ironhand.miz

Edited by Ironhand

_____

They say one picture is worth a 1000 words...

Besides, I can't remember sh!t. I also need to mention that I have my 3D settings in the Nvidia Control Panel set to "factory default". Before doing that, my TIR was jerky as hell. After setting it to factory default, it's been silky smooth. And, quite honestly, there's not enough difference (before and after) in the way the sim looks for me to notice.

Thank you Ironhand, that one photo made my day:)

I had downloaded 2.5 two days ago and have some trouble with settings and performance, your settings will help, especially I noticed that your resolution setting lowered to 1360x768, I'll try the same to gain performance.

...I noticed that your resolution setting lowered to 1360x768, I'll try the same to gain performance.

:) That's not "lowered". That's my monitor's resolution. Someday I might invest in something "better" but, for now, I enjoy the sim just fine with things as they are.

_____

Really enjoyed watching this although I had to watch it in several goes, how long did it take to upload :joystick: Look forward to the next leg :thumbup:

:) Glad you enjoyed it. Thankfully, I was able to upload it from work...so it took about 3.5 hours. From home it would have, quite literally, been something like 3.5 days. Just a short video takes hours and hours to upload from home.

_____