has not effected me at all, latest pic of me below

latest?cb=20170907190643

Edited by Johnny_Rico

METAR weather for DCS World missions

Guide to help out new DCS MOOSE Users -> HERE

Havoc Company Dedicated server info Connect IP: 94.23.215.203

SRS enabled - freqs - Main = 243, A2A = 244, A2G = 245

Please contact me HERE if you have any server feedback or METAR issues/requests

The light emitted by the IR diodes in TrackIR are nothing you wouldn't find in natural sunlight. This isn't without problem, as having bright reflections in your background can bamboozle the system quite badly.

I'd say the (usually) more blue-centric light from the screen underneath the TrackIR is more of a health-concern.

Is it healthy to be exposed to IR light 4-5 hours a day?

:)

How badly has the fairly large IR dispenser that travels across the sky from east to west every day treated you? And do you feel healthier during the time of day known as "night"?

SCNR :)

The fact is you are not exposed since the emitting diode is supposed to look at the camera not towards you.

The camera is only a receiver.

Maybe you should not lookto IR lights for too many seconds since eyes cant see them and they can be damaged in the process.

TrackIR IR leds are low intensity emitters, you should not be worried too much.

The fact is you are not exposed since the emitting diode is supposed to look at the camera not towards you.

I've had a TrackIR 4 and TrackIR 5, and both devices are very much emitters when used with the (non-pro) TrackClip.

I think I got my first TrackIR around 2010, I've always used it with the TrackClip (not with the active TrackClip Pro) and I don't think my eyesight suffered from it in any way.

Maybe you should not lookto IR lights for too many seconds since eyes cant see them and they can be damaged in the process.

TrackIR IR leds are low intensity emitters, you should not be worried too much.

I don't think the camera is only a receiver... it does emit, that's how the hat reflectors work right?

5900X - 32 GB 3600 RAM - 1080TI

My Twitch Channel

~Moo

The IR light is emittted by the little diodes on your head clip. Being on your head, you don't see them, they are out of your field of vision. Even if you had to look at them they wouldn't represent any danger, even for long periods. They emit a long wavelength, low intensity light and thus cannot damage your eyes.

Edited by Nooch

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The IR light is emittted by the little diodes on your head clip.

Once more, this applies to the TrackClip Pro. It does NOT apply to the TrackClip (non-pro), which is simply a set of reflectors.

When used without the TrackClip Pro, the TrackIR device actually works as an IR emitter for the above mentioned reflective TrackClip.

Edit: You might also want to check Naturalpoint's store page: https://www.naturalpoint.com/trackir/accessories/

Edited by Yurgon